Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 02:20 PM
    When did I use the term "right beliefs"?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    When did I use the term "right beliefs"?
    You obviously believe they're righter than mine.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 03:04 PM
    I haven't even talked about my beliefs here. But when you believe that Naomi, Ruth, Jesus, John, and Paul were all gay, then you have gone far astray from the Bible. That is, as you put it before, a "truism".
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 03:15 PM
    I haven't even talked about my beliefs here. But when you believe that Naomi, Ruth, Jesus, John, and Paul were all gay, then you have gone far astray from the Bible. That is, as you put it before, a "truism".
    You apparently are "someone [who] has beliefs which are informed and directed by the Bible." And I never said what you say I said. I simply threw it out as a possibility. Can you prove from the Bible, O cherrypicker, that they weren't gay?
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 03:33 PM
    I never said what you say I said.
    You most certainly did.

Your statement on Ruth. "Well, I said I wouldn't tell anyone, not even you. And that woman named Ruth! Wow! It's amazing that there has been an LGBTQ+ community since the beginning of time."

Your statement on Jesus and John. "Jesus was a Hebrew rabbi -- and, atypically, unmarried. John was the disciple whom Jesus loved. Only one disciple had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in Jesus' heart. In all classic depictions of the Last Supper, John sits next to Jesus, very often his head resting on Jesus's breast. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom He loved standing at the foot of the cross on which He was dying, He said to his mother, 'Woman behold your son!' Then He said to John, 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

Your statement about Paul. "No, I didn't change the subject. And no, Paul doesn't make reference to them. You need a better concordance. Actually, Paul was probably gay."

You keep forgetting that this site has a great search feature. Nevertheless, if you are now backing away from those statements, then fine, but I will continue to attach them to you until you stop waffling and get on one side or the other.

As to your absurd comment about proving a negative from the Bible, I'll refer to this. But it's like saying can I prove that Wondergirl is NOT gay, a cross-dresser, a fundamentalist, a devil-worshipper, a communist, or any one of dozens of other "possibilities". It's nonsense. But what is posted here is enough to show it is a ridiculous proposition.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showth...01#post3838001
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 03:51 PM
    You most certainly did.
    You made your usual leap.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 05:04 PM
    Sad to see you backtracking now that it is apparent how wild your statements have been. But if you are denouncing them, then thank goodness for that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 05:21 PM
    Sad to see you backtracking now that it is apparent how wild your statements have been. But if you are denouncing them, then thank goodness for that.
    Am not backtracking anything. (You KNOW those Bible people were straight???)

Look me up when you get to heaven. I'll introduce you around to all the LGBT+ people.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 05:22 PM
    I didn’t say it! I did say it!

you are very confused.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 05:27 PM
    you are very confused.
    About what?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 06:45 PM
    about who Jl really is
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 07:13 PM
    About what?
    What you believe. All those people are gay until it becomes inconvenient for you, and then just MAYBE Jesus and John and Paul and Ruth and Naomi and David and Jonathan were gay. As I have said many times, evasion is your middle name.

I'm curious. How is it that you are so sure you are going to heaven?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 08:49 PM
    Tell us Jl how are you sure?
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 04:43 AM
    How am I sure? I believe the many statements of the Bible concerning how salvation works. One of my favorites is found in Hebrews 10. "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Note the faithfulness of the one who has made the promise. John 3:16 is another. "Whosoever believes in Him (Jesus) will not perish, but have life everlasting." It is in His word that we have our assurance. It is in looking to Jesus that we have our salvation. Acts 3:19 is another helpful verse to me. "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."

Anyone else? How about you, Clete?
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 07:34 AM
    Hello? Anyone else?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 09:22 AM
    God has been very active in my life, has protected me and my loved ones from many possible upsets and tragedies. I return His love by reaching out to and helping others -- and telling them of His unconditional love for them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 09:30 AM
    I'm curious. How is it that you are so sure you are going to heaven?
    What and where is heaven? Going there is the least of my worries. I'm here on earth for a reason. With God's help, I'm loving Him and others. NOW is what I'm focusing on. Heaven is a non issue for me.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 11:46 AM
    So basically you're going to heaven because you've been a good person?

Heaven is a non issue for me.
    No it's not. You mention it constantly.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 12:19 PM
    So basically you're going to heaven because you've been a good person?
    I don't think that far ahead.
    No it's not. You mention it constantly.
    Huh? Where? If I do, it's only in response to you (or waltero). You're the Bible verse quoter (especially regarding hellfire and damnation), the builder of fundie Christian angst, the whipper-upper of damnation threats that you pluck from the Bible.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 01:04 PM
    Those who have no regard for the Bible only quote it when it is convenient.

You cannot go to heaven by being good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this discrimination? [ 5 Answers ]

Let's start with that I'm in a work force and educational program. Apart of the program you can earn a internship seat for six months at a corporation such as {names removed} etc. I just went on internship and on Monday I was having great time and I learned a lot of things and because I'm...

Can I sue for discrimination? [ 12 Answers ]

I am a couponer who shops at Walmart 4 nights a week. After shopping 2 hours the manager told me that I can not buy anything. If I wanted to use coupons, I should come back during daytime hours. Can I sue for discrimination?

Discrimination [ 4 Answers ]

I am a PhD international student and teaching assistant in one of the US state universities. Our department gives us offices and desks. I have noticed that the department have split international students ( 3 of us ) in a room and put the US students in another romm which is quite better and more...

Age Discrimination [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 43 year old retired Navy veteran and recently relocated back to Albuquerque to be with my aging parents. Today (1/30/07), I had a part two of Four parts of an interview with Verizon. The first part was a telephone Interview (1/25/07), which was conducted last week. Today was the...

Age Discrimination [ 12 Answers ]

At work we transport developmentally disabled persons. Our vehicle insurance company has given us a Risk Management to follw, when hiring drivers. No one over the age of 65 and they want them to be preferred 23-25. Isn't that the high risk age? Is this age discrimination? Everyone does it, but I...

View more questions Search