Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Those who have no regard for the Bible only quote it when it is convenient.
    And I do my very best NOT to quote it and thus slam my Bible on top of a person's head or smack them in the face with it or piously hold it (upside down) while I pontificate in front of a church.
    You cannot go to heaven by being good.
    And you can?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 01:28 PM
    You do a wonderful job of not quoting the Bible. That’s for sure.

No one can.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 01:48 PM
    You cannot go to heaven by being good.
    I do my best, with God's help, to be loving and kind NOW. That's not my ticket to heaven.
    You do a wonderful job of not quoting the Bible. That’s for sure.
    Quoting the Bible will get me what?
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 02:30 PM
    I do my best, with God's help, to be loving and kind NOW. That's not my ticket to heaven.
    OK. What is?

Quoting the Bible will get me what?
    In and of itself, nothing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 02:41 PM
    OK. What is [your ticket to heaven]?
    Jesus' death and resurrection.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 02:43 PM
    So you have faith in Jesus? If so, then I applaud you, though I cannot fathom why you would not have said so to begin with, but better late than never.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 03:02 PM
    So you have faith in Jesus? If so, then I applaud you, though I cannot fathom why you would not have said so to begin with, but better late than never.
    I don't want your applause. (Like, huh???) I told you ages ago I was baptized when I was three weeks old and grew up in a parsonage, attended Christian schools.

I don't stand on AMHD rooftops, shouting threats of hellfire while swinging my Bible up and down.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 03:05 PM
    You're so funny when you get mad. It's always is a little surprising to see you get mad when asked about faith in Jesus.

No has suggested you stand on a rooftop and shout anything
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 03:10 PM
    You're so funny when you get mad. It's always is a little surprising to see you get mad when asked about faith in Jesus.
    I never get mad, ever. Life is too short. Actually, I'm laughing at the absurdity of your posts.

No has suggested you stand on a rooftop and shout anything
    You do.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 03:15 PM
    I never get mad, ever. Life is too short.
    Yeah. Right.

You do.
    I do suggest you try studying your Bible and basing your life on it's teaching, but I have never suggested you shout from a rooftop. Jesus, however, did mention it. "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs."

Oh well. Enough of this. Best wishes.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2021, 03:18 PM
    Oh well. Enough of this. Best wishes.
    Goodbye, jlisenbe.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 06:51 PM
    Oh yes so it is written, so it shall be done
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Aug 5, 2021, 02:24 PM
    However, they actively participate in weddings held on their farm, so it would appear they would be supporting any so-called wedding between two men or two women.
    I think it would be better described as "Promoting" if they were to provide such behavior in their home.

When they told them it's a no-go- and explained to them where they should go; ad-lib "there's a place right down the road that will provide the same service."  Then all Hell broke loose!!!! The Couple took it as them saying; "take your sin elsewhere, we don't practice in Sin! YOU DARE DENY US!!!   What do they want? Maybe they should have offered to pay for wedding if they used another vendor?

SO I want to get married. I know a place where they don't allow gay marriage...it's bound to be the best marriage ceremony EVER!!! How gay is that??? Do they want a gay marriage or not?

So why do they refuse to accept payment for a non-binary wedding but happily sell their produce to the LGBT+ community?
    Think about it,  They're supporting their community.

WG: You know your in error on this one, but you deny seeing the truth.

We can show support...it's another thing to promote!

We are to love and show that we care (even if we don't). If you find yourself promoting such behavior, you will be held accountable. 

Off to work. See you in a few months or so.
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2021, 04:18 PM
    Welcome back, Walter!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this discrimination? [ 5 Answers ]

Let's start with that I'm in a work force and educational program. Apart of the program you can earn a internship seat for six months at a corporation such as {names removed} etc. I just went on internship and on Monday I was having great time and I learned a lot of things and because I'm...

Can I sue for discrimination? [ 12 Answers ]

I am a couponer who shops at Walmart 4 nights a week. After shopping 2 hours the manager told me that I can not buy anything. If I wanted to use coupons, I should come back during daytime hours. Can I sue for discrimination?

Discrimination [ 4 Answers ]

I am a PhD international student and teaching assistant in one of the US state universities. Our department gives us offices and desks. I have noticed that the department have split international students ( 3 of us ) in a room and put the US students in another romm which is quite better and more...

Age Discrimination [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 43 year old retired Navy veteran and recently relocated back to Albuquerque to be with my aging parents. Today (1/30/07), I had a part two of Four parts of an interview with Verizon. The first part was a telephone Interview (1/25/07), which was conducted last week. Today was the...

Age Discrimination [ 12 Answers ]

At work we transport developmentally disabled persons. Our vehicle insurance company has given us a Risk Management to follw, when hiring drivers. No one over the age of 65 and they want them to be preferred 23-25. Isn't that the high risk age? Is this age discrimination? Everyone does it, but I...

View more questions Search