Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 05:31 AM
    The cure for discrimination is...discrimination?
    The Tennes family operates a farm outside of East Lansing, Michigan. The Christian couple hosts weddings on the farm but will not allow gay weddings because of their religious beliefs. The city of East Lansing, which has a "non-discrimination" city policy, has refused to allow the Tennes family to sell their farm produce at the city operated farmers' market because, they say, the Tennes have violated the "non-discrimination" policy. So they are going to solve the supposed problem of discrimination by engaging in even more discrimination and what amounts to religious persecution?? Will the city of East Lansing censure itself for discriminating against religious views, thus violating their own non-discrimination policy?

Hello court case. "Just like Catholic Social Services in the Supreme Court’s recent Fulton v. City of Philadelphia decision, Steve Tennes seeks to operate his family farm, Country Mill, consistent with the tenets of his Catholic faith but ‘does not seek to impose those beliefs on anyone else,'" the trial brief for Country Mill says. "Yet City officials in East Lansing dislike Tennes’s religious beliefs, speech, and practice. So, the City created a policy to ban Tennes—and only him—from its Farmer’s Market."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...n-gay-marraige
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 06:14 AM
    Freedom is alive and well in america
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 06:18 AM
    Says the man whose country is in government mandated lockdown and is prevented by law from owning a firearm with which to defend himself.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 09:14 AM
    At the farmers' market, LGBT people can buy produce from the Tennes' farm (horrors!). Thus, the Tennes family must set up a conveniently placed roadside stand at their farm and come up with a strategy to invite customers. Of course, they will have to do an LBGT checklist as each customer shows up. A farmstand would give them control over who buys their produce; at the farmers' market they have no control.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 09:38 AM
    It would seem you didn't bother to make yourself familiar with the story, so you made an inaccurate observation. Do your homework first. When you do, you will find that the Tennes have no problems with doing business with virtually anyone. However, they actively participate in weddings held on their farm, so it would appear they would be supporting any so-called wedding between two men or two women. Their religious faith prohibits that. But at any rate, that's their call on it and they should be entitled to that.

Still not sure why East Lansing discriminating against the Tennes' family is seen as a solution to their perceived discrimination. There is only one group here trying to impose their beliefs on others, and that is East Lansing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    the Tennes have no problems with doing business with virtually anyone.
    Then they are frauds. When it comes to money, like the Pharisees, their religious beliefs go out the window.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 11:52 AM
    Again, do your homework. You are making no sense. As a person who honestly believes that Ruth and Naomi were lesbian lovers, I don’t think they will be seeking your advice on their religious beliefs.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 12:16 PM
    Your money comment is silly. They got paid for weddings. If money is the goal, they would not have turned away business.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 12:23 PM
    Your money comment is silly. They got paid for weddings. If money is the goal, they would not have turned away business.
    So why do they refuse to accept payment for a non-binary wedding but happily sell their produce to the LGBT+ community?
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 12:25 PM
    Read the article!!! Besides, I have already answered that for you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 12:27 PM
    Read the article!!!
    Okay. Correction: They WOULD happily sell their produce to anyone, LGBT+ et al.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 12:35 PM
    It makes no difference if the woman who believes that Naomi and Ruth were lesbian lovers agrees with the Tennes or not. They have a right to their very orthodox religious beliefs.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 12:40 PM
    It makes no difference if the woman who believes that Naomi and Ruth were lesbian lovers agrees with the Tennes or not.
    It was an expressed supposition, not a belief or truism.
    They have a right to their very orthodox religious beliefs.
    Then stay out of the marketplace with their stupid demands and limited orthodoxy!!! I sure hope they refuse to allow a marriage ceremony on their farm if any members of the wedding party or any of the guests have tattoos.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 12:48 PM
    It was an expressed supposition, not a truism.
    Weak, weak, weak. Either own it or reject it.

They have a right to their very orthodox religious beliefs.

Then stay out of the marketplace with their stupid demands and limited orthodoxy!!!
    They are not the ones making stupid demands. That would be East Lansing. They are basically being asked to receive the same access to the farmers market that everyone else has without their religious views being discriminated against.

It is beyond amazing that you think Ruth and Naomi were lesbian lovers, as well as Jesus and John being gay lovers, but you are critical of their orthodoxy??? About all that can be said of that is "Wow". And then you really think that you should be able to deny them access to the marketplace because their religious faith does not agree with your strange political views?

You really need to take a few days off. You are coming across as increasingly irrational.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 12:53 PM
    You really need to take a few days off. You are coming across as increasingly irrational.
    As usual, you are mixing tomatoes with oranges and making a rather nasty-tasting fruit salad. Your lack of reading comprehension has become very troubling to me.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 12:57 PM
    As usual, you are mixing tomatoes with oranges and making a rather nasty-tasting fruit salad. Your lack of reading comprehension has become very troubling to me.
    Like I said...increasingly irrational. When you cannot respond to the content, then you are reduced to fruit salads and silly comments about reading comp. You keep digging the hole deeper.

The truth is, you don't know how to handle it when someone has beliefs which are informed and directed by the Bible rather than directed by her liberal political beliefs. So you end up with Jesus, Paul, John, Ruth, Naomi, David and Jonathan all being gay, ideas which are ridiculously out of step with the Bible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 01:09 PM
    Like I said...increasingly irrational. When you cannot respond to the content, then you are reduced to fruit salads and silly comments about reading comp.
    *yawn*
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 01:14 PM
    Can't respond to the content, so reduced to that? Sad.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 01:24 PM
    This bears repeating. "The truth is, you don't know how to handle it when someone has beliefs which are informed and directed by the Bible rather than directed by her liberal political beliefs. So you end up with Jesus, Paul, John, Ruth, Naomi, David and Jonathan all being gay, ideas which are ridiculously out of step with the Bible."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 01:33 PM
    This bears repeating. "The truth is, you don't know how to handle it when someone has beliefs which are informed and directed by the Bible rather than directed by her liberal political beliefs. So you end up with Jesus, Paul, John, Ruth, Naomi, David and Jonathan all being gay, ideas which are ridiculously out of step with the Bible."
    And you know the "right beliefs" because....

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this discrimination? [ 5 Answers ]

Let's start with that I'm in a work force and educational program. Apart of the program you can earn a internship seat for six months at a corporation such as {names removed} etc. I just went on internship and on Monday I was having great time and I learned a lot of things and because I'm...

Can I sue for discrimination? [ 12 Answers ]

I am a couponer who shops at Walmart 4 nights a week. After shopping 2 hours the manager told me that I can not buy anything. If I wanted to use coupons, I should come back during daytime hours. Can I sue for discrimination?

Discrimination [ 4 Answers ]

I am a PhD international student and teaching assistant in one of the US state universities. Our department gives us offices and desks. I have noticed that the department have split international students ( 3 of us ) in a room and put the US students in another romm which is quite better and more...

Age Discrimination [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 43 year old retired Navy veteran and recently relocated back to Albuquerque to be with my aging parents. Today (1/30/07), I had a part two of Four parts of an interview with Verizon. The first part was a telephone Interview (1/25/07), which was conducted last week. Today was the...

Age Discrimination [ 12 Answers ]

At work we transport developmentally disabled persons. Our vehicle insurance company has given us a Risk Management to follw, when hiring drivers. No one over the age of 65 and they want them to be preferred 23-25. Isn't that the high risk age? Is this age discrimination? Everyone does it, but I...

View more questions Search