Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2021, 04:12 AM
    according to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC ) One person infected with covid will usually infect around three other people . A super-spreader is someone who infects more than this number of people.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 08:23 AM
    I'm sure you do.
    You said, "200 out of 385,000 isn't at superspreader level," so I asked what a "superspreader level" is. It was an honest question. I have no idea what a "superspreader level" is. I certainly don't trust a politician telling us it is or isn't this or that. If you don't know, then fine. I don't either, but I don't know how you could make the statement above if you can't answer that question. Tom's definition is no doubt accurate for one person, but how do you judge an event as being "superspreader level"?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2021, 09:36 AM
    Super-spreading events "occur when a single person infects a large number of other people — sometimes 10, 20, sometimes even more in one setting," said Dr. Justin Lessler, an associate professor at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/super-s...r-coronavirus/
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 09:37 AM
    So 200 wouldn't qualify?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2021, 09:49 AM
    How many attendees were positive for covid? 200 infected was not a "large number".

385,000 - 200 = ?
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 11:03 AM
    But that’s not your definition. Your definition was one person infecting a large number of others. Did that happen? You said a large number was ten or twenty, but now you say two hundred is not a large number?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2021, 11:57 AM
    How many of the 385,000 attendees were positive for covid? One? Ten? Fifty? We don't know. Two hundred-plus was the infected number after the event.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 12:15 PM
    So there is a lot not known. I would think that would make it difficult to arrive at a conclusion. Also don't know how many asymptomatic cases there were, or how many are yet to be diagnosed.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2021, 01:57 PM
    give me hospitalization and death rates . Rates of infection are irrelevant at this point. Most people in this country have had either /or the vax or the virus .
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 02:25 PM
    Good point. In many states, infections are up substantially, but deaths have remained steady. Now it's all too easy to talk about deaths like it's a baseball score, but it is still significant. South Dakota, for instance, has not had a Covid death since early May.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=covid+...53586125F4E93D
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2021, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    give me hospitalization and death rates . Rates of infection are irrelevant at this point. Most people in this country have had either /or the vax or the virus .
    That is not true. About half have been fully vaccinated, leaving the other half endangering both unvaccinated children and unvaccinated adults. The number infected is an estimate, but if vaccinated, they rarely end up in the hospital and die. The infected are now 99% unvaccinated who are hospitalized and/or die.

Most of the reasons for not being vaccinated are beyond bizarre. They have a right to endanger themselves but not others.
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2021, 02:43 PM
    If you look at those 12 and above, considering that the Trump vaccine has not been cleared yet for children, then it is far more than 50%. If you look at the most vulnerable, that being those 50 and above, then more than 80% have been vaxed. So Tom is exactly correct, and certainly if you throw in, as he said, those who have already had the virus. Most of the country has been vaxed or had the virus.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/...racker-states/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FLASH - McConnell Bails on Trump [ 30 Answers ]

Senator Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Trump with inciting violence against the...

Social civics our government in action Munro Kennelly McCarthy [ 1 Answers ]

Another term for "state: is body politic True or false

Social civics our government in action Munro Kennelly McCarthy [ 0 Answers ]

The term "state" always refers to a country True of false

Social civics our government in action Munro Kennelly McCarthy [ 0 Answers ]

"democracy is the best form of government for those who are able to govern themselves." True or False?

D. McCarthy [ 0 Answers ]

I have an ink drawing signed D. Mc Carthy and was trying to find out if he is a listed artist.

View more questions Search