Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

View Poll Results: Are you, or will you be, vaccinated against Covid-19 ?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

0 0%
  • Yes

9 100.00%
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    lol
    Just wait! In about two weeks, far too many vaccinated but unmasked Lollapaloosa (Chicago, this weekend) attendees will be testing positive.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 02:19 PM
    So think about what you're saying. "Far too many vaccinated but unmasked...attendees will be testing positive." Considering that masking does but little to prevent Covid, then the vaccine must not be so effective?? Well, the good news is this. If that turns out to be true, all the liberal dems on this board will immediately begin to call it the Trump vaccine.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 02:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Considering that masking does but little to prevent Covid,
    Masking prevents the variants from causing grief.
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2021, 03:02 PM
    Marginally. It's practically impossible to find a study that says wearing masks does much more than a little to stop the spread of Covid UNLESS it's an N-95 mask which practically no one wears.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 05:35 PM
    Your link shows that the delta variant is so dangerous that even those vaccinated can transmit the disease. Deaths among those were non-existent. The number who were asymptomatic was very low.

And you think this is funny?

What's funny is that you can't even read your own link to get the facts. And that you expect the readers to conclude something nefarious by posting only the link with an idiotic lol.

Nobody's laughing.

The best way to defeat the disease is, as everybody but you knows by now, is GET VACCINATED.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 06:43 PM
    Back to the original question; perhaps it is that people have woken to the dangers of the new technology in vaccines, the catastrophic long term after effects from these untested drugs rushed into manufacture to deal with a disease that is no worse than the flu we have been existing with for years. Yes, it is a pandemic, wide spread infections and many deaths but the death rate from this disease is no worse than the death rate from the flu, it is just the medical profession are running scared because the hospital systems cannot deal with the number of infections presenting
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2021, 06:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Back to the original question; perhaps it is that people have woken to the dangers of the new technology in vaccines, the catastrophic long term after effects from these untested drugs
    The coronavirus is not at all unknown to scientists and medical professionals. It's the variants that are causing so much of the problem. I think we're at variant Lambda now, a new mutation.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/th...cid=uxbndlbing

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...6cu-story.html
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 08:52 PM
    And the SARs we have been vaccinated against for years has new variants every year and it goes on killing people. Yes the answer is vaccination, but with a vaccine that doesn't have long term side effects. Who knows perhaps being vaccinated will usher in the mark of the beast, where only the vaccinated can move freely and transact business. The plans for a vaccination passport are a thinly disguised move
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2021, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yes, it is a pandemic, wide spread infections and many deaths but the death rate from this disease is no worse than the death rate from the flu,
    Deaths from COVID-19 are far worse than deaths from the flu. COVID 605,000 deaths and counting compared to about 35,000 on average for the last several years for the flu.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 04:37 AM
    We must be getting better at treating the disease. Three states to look at are South Dakota, Alabama, and Florida. All three have been experiencing serious spikes in confirmed cases, but relatively few deaths. In SD, active cases are up somewhat, but there have been no deaths in over two months, so we are clearly learning how to manage cases better. In the long run, vaccinations and efficient med treatments for those who do get ill could be the answer. Considering that the vaccination is turning out to be far from 100% effective, it would seem clear that vaccinations alone will not be the complete answer. Reducing the number of cases to manageable levels and finding effective treatments is likely the best we can hope for, which is essentially what Tom has been saying.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 05:08 AM
    74 percent of the 469 cases in an outbreak in Barnstable County, Mass., following the July 4 weekend were in vaccinated people . But you still believe in the vaccine panacea . The relevent information is that few patients were hospitalized and none died.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 05:20 AM
    Strangely, it would seem that the non-vaxed people in Barnstable were less likely to become infected. At any rate, I imagine part of what we are seeing is that once we get vaccinated, we start getting bolder. I know I have. You kind of feel armor-plated.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 05:28 AM
    There is no doubt that the vaccines have been effective to a degree . The real question is for how long ? The Israeli's have the most effective vaccination program in the world . But now they are going to initiate a booster program for the most vulnerable.
    Eventually we will come to the realization that the only way to deal with an endemic virus is to protect the vulnerable and to let the rest of the people get on with their lives .
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 06:00 AM
    Originally Posted by paraclete
    Yes, it is a pandemic, wide spread infections and many deaths but the death rate from this disease is no worse than the death rate from the flu,

Deaths from COVID-19 are far worse than deaths from the flu. COVID 605,000 deaths and counting compared to about 35,000 on average for the last several years for the flu.
    The Spanish Flu infected a third of the world killing millions . Various mutations of it(H1N1) still exist and infect people today with a new strain every season. Some are more problematic than others(remember the 1968 pandemic ? No ? That's because so many other more interesting things were happening that year ) . Over time a virus becomes less deadly because the Darwinian science says it is not in the interest of the virus to kill off it's hosts .
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 06:42 AM
    Darwinian science, Darwin was not a "scientist" none of his theories can be proven in the scientific manner
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 07:01 AM
    Darwin was not a "scientist" none of his theories can be proven in the scientific manner
    Wrong and wrong. His observations about adaptations and natural selection, for instance, can very easily be observed to be true. They are so clearly true that basically no one argues against them. I don't agree with his major premise, but fair is fair.
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Eventually we will come to the realization that the only way to deal with an endemic virus is to protect the vulnerable and to let the rest of the people get on with their lives .
    The only way to deal effectively with the COVID pandemic is to get vaccinated. Those who refuse endanger everyone else. I have no idea why you're so blind on this issue, tomder.
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 07:08 AM
    Those who refuse endanger everyone else.
    Flatly untrue. If the vaccine is effective, then those who are vaccinated are not endangered at all. If the vaccine is not effective, then your statement simply falls apart. Either way, it is NOT TRUE. I'm all for the vaccine, but it is not, by itself, a complete answer.

This alone clearly demonstrates that. "74 percent of the 469 cases in an outbreak in Barnstable County, Mass., following the July 4 weekend were in vaccinated people." So about 350 vaccinated people caught Covid and were, at that point, quite capable of passing it on to someone else. Thus they, "endanger everyone else".
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2021, 09:04 AM
    If we believe public policy; (which is different from science ); then we are being told by the suggestion that vaxed people should also wear masks ;that the vaxed do endanger others . There have been 350 million jabs in the US .Another 35 million have gotten covid and have antibodies . What we don't know yet is how long immunity from the virus and the jab lasts .

You want to know what public policy would be the most effective to controlling the virus ? Stopping the flow of illegals crossing the borders . Quid is keeping the travel ban. Why doesn't he close the border too ? What makes it even more hypocritical is that vaxed Canadians cannot enter the US . But thousands of unscreened people cross the border .Over 1 million apprehensions of illegal aliens this year already . Detainees are tested after they are transferred to other locations ,bringing the virus across the border with them . Covid cases are surging in detention centers and one can only imaging how many successfully crossed with out being detained .
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2021, 11:48 AM
    Stopping the flow of illegals crossing the borders .
    Remember that Commissar...er, Vice President Harris is now in charge of the southern border, so I'm sure that in just a few more decades she'll have it all under control.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is refusing to confirm Gorsuch the same as REFUSING to meet with Garland??? [ 20 Answers ]

Hello: Left wingers certainly think so. excon

Tdap vaccination [ 0 Answers ]

My immunization clinic gave me a tdap vaccination today. When I got home, I was reviewing my shot record and realized that I received the same vaccine two years ago. The recommended interval is 10 years. Should I be concerned?

Is it OK to have a flu vaccination while breastfeeding [ 1 Answers ]

There will be a general checkup for tomorrow and each one should have a flu vaccination I'm a breast feeding mother so I'm worried that it could might affect my baby.. is it OK to have a vaccination...

Vaccination [ 1 Answers ]

My son received a vaccination when he was about 1 1/2 the nurse had mentioned to me that some parents think the shot leaves a mark that resembles a freckle on the skin. She assured me that it doesn't, but sure enough there it was. It grows as he grows and everything. Why did the vaccination give...

Chicken Pox and the Vaccination? [ 2 Answers ]

My son who is 14 1/2 months had what looked like the chicken pox about 3 weeks ago. I took him to the Emergency room and the Doctor there simply looked at them and said it was chicken pox. No blood work was done to confirm. I took him into get his shots and one of them was the Chicken Pox...

View more questions Search