Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 03:02 AM
    Clete it is clear that the virus mutation rate makes it an endemic situation that will not be completely solved or eradicated for many years .That truck driver you speak of does not have the luxury that you clearly have to lock down and wait it out . He has to feed his family AND your cities that are being locked down need the goods he brings to your markets . Have you heard about the current supply chain inflation ? Keeping your transportation system locked down contributes to that problem .Weakening your economy and your liberties is exactly the wrong way of fighting this battle .

There has to be a long term approach to this . The virus is doing textbook Darwin mutating . The CDC director is correct about vaccines . The vaccine does not prevent someone vaxed from getting the virus and spreading it . A few variants or so may make the current vaccines completely ineffective .

The death rate ? It is not in the virus best interest to kill off it's host . So your see a more virulent but less deadly variety in the Delta variant ;and that will probably be the case in the other Greek letters that you will hear about shortly .

Yes the vax is part of the solution. But unless that makes it to the developing world where new strains are evolving and multiplying then all your lock downs will be nothing more than spinning your wheels in sand.

Long term the development of treatments may be more important than development of vaccines .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:50 AM
    give it a rest Tom you can't vaccinate the whole world against a strain that hasn't happened yet
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2021, 06:50 AM
    Clete is perfectly happen to sit at home and force the rest of his country to do likewise.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 09:43 AM
    Correct Clete . Humans have to adapt and live normal lives with the risk
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 03:59 PM
    I admit a general lockdown is an over reaction, however the community has to be protected from idiots
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:00 PM
    Humans have to adapt and live normal lives with the risk
    I think that's about right. Get vaxed if you want to, but otherwise it's somewhat like getting in your car and driving to work. You simply accept the risk. If I was under thirty, I don't think I'd take the vaccine. Of course for me, thirty was a LOONNNGGG time ago.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2021, 04:17 PM
    Get vaxed if you want to, but otherwise it's somewhat like getting in your car and driving to work.
    Do not put on your seatbelt or stop for red lights and stop signs or obey the speed limit (go as fast as you want to). Heck, drive in whichever lane you want to!
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:29 PM
    vaccination should be mandated
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:41 PM
    For the sheeple, yes.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:45 PM
    they still do not even have FDA approval . They are a long way away from being proven. Now Quid is trying to use a study about AstraZeneca's
    vax that is has been rejected by peer review to justify more mask mandates . I'll say it again . The Dems do not want the "crisis " to go away . They do not want normal because if things were normal they could never pass the massive spending bills going through Congress.
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2021, 04:52 PM
    Still don’t understand why it is anyone else’s business if I get vaccinated.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2021, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    If you haven't, stay home.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    because you carry the idea of liberty to excess, true liberty is exercising your responsibility to your fellows and being held accountable
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:25 PM
    Total antibody levels start to wane six weeks after complete ..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2021, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Total antibody levels start to wane six weeks after complete ..
    You musta missed the polio scare back in the '40s and '50s.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:29 PM
    Yes vaccination might mean booster shots as it does with flu vaccination or other vaccinations. This isn't a silver bullet but a protection for both you and your neighbours, your friends, your family so stop the B/S and get on with the job
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:29 PM
    a study published in The Lancet journal has found that the total antibody levels start to become weaker six weeks after completing immunisation with Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines. The antibody levels may also be reduced by more than 50 per cent over 10 weeks or 2-3 months.

i
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2021, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    because you carry the idea of liberty to excess, true liberty is exercising your responsibility to your fellows and being held accountable
    Good conclusion! And his need for liberty must mean he's a liberal.
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2021, 05:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You must missed the polio scare back in the '40s and '50s.
    I didn't miss it, my freaked out mother created life long health problems for me because of her reaction, and the stupid ideas prevalent at the time
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 29, 2021, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    a study published in The Lancet journal has found that the total antibody levels start to become weaker six weeks after completing immunisation
    Did you get vaccines (maybe smallpox and polio) when you were a baby? And the required booster shots as followup?

Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I didn't miss it, my freaked out mother created life long health problems for me because of her reaction, and the stupid ideas prevalent at the time
    No swimming in public pools! We believed even the neighborhood stray dog carried polio, so we named him that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

04 Jeep Liberty No heat [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2004 jeep liberty that had over 170,000 miles on it. My first car, got back in May. Noticed heat does not work. It went in to dealer this mornong, to find out the problem ( my father brough it in). Problem came back.. it was the heater core. Well, after work, I get in the jeep and start...

Liberty - what is it? [ 130 Answers ]

Hello, That's it. I want to know how YOU describe liberty. Who should be free? Who shouldn't be? That kind of stuff. Maybe we don't disagree. That would be cool. But, I think, perchance, we do. I'll start. Sex offenders should be FREE from registration. Non violent drug offenders...

2004 Jeep Liberty [ 2 Answers ]

The heat will not come through the ducts until the engine revs above idle only cold air. I noticed the coolant was low so I filled to the line and it worked the heat comes on during idle. After 3 days it stops working during idle and I noticed the coolant level was low again. I see no white smoke...

View more questions Search