Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 04:00 AM
    The FBI domestic terrorists
    If as Quid's team says that the biggest threat to the security of the nation is White Right wing extremism; greater than AQ ;greater than ISIS ,greater than Russia or China ,or Iranian nuclear weapon development ; then why does the government need the FBI to manufacture plots against the government ? Why do they double the size of a group with planted informants to gin up and entrap a militia with a delusional kidnapping plot against a Governor ?

Bizarre arrest of FBI agent spotlights accusations of bureau corruption (nypost.com)

One has to ask : If they can embed themselves in such a manner then how much did they know in advance about the January 6 riot at the Capitol ;and how involved were they in the planning ?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 06:22 PM
    The FBI is just an arm of government part of the secret police force that looks for the politically incorrect
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    The FBI is just an arm of government part of the secret police force that looks for the politically incorrect
    Nonsense. They do an excellent job. Of course they screw up from time to time - doesn't everybody?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 06:05 PM
    Yes, like when they investigated, what was it again, republican or was it demonrat fund raising
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2021, 03:18 AM
    I don't recall a time when the FBI leadership was not political . The agents themselves do a good enough job. They are dedicated ,professional and largely objective .But let's not kid ourselves . The leadership has always had political agendas . This goes back to the days before the Bureau .
    Teddy Roosevelt set up the precursor agency ;the Bureau of Investigations ,for political reasons .... to take down big business by seizing their books . Then the agency during WWI they kept a close eye on German Americans and round up other people Wilson's administration considered radicals.

The BOI that became the FBI was handed off the J Edgar Hoover after the Tea Pot Dome scandal. To his credit ,Hoover did a good job demystifying common criminals of the 1920s like John Dillinger and Bonnie and Clyde . He also turned the agency into a professional investigative agency. But to say the agency wasn't politicized during his long tenure would be turning a blind eye to reality . His term through 8 Presidencies was only possible because he had files on just about every politician in the country .He used his bureau to compile dossiers on people in government he thought might be security risks. These included hundreds of officials and bureaucrats he thought might be vulnerable to blackmail because they were gay. He also fed information to politicians who would support his agenda. In the 1948 presidential campaign, his FBI leaked compromising information about Truman’s former Kansas City political machine boss Tom Pendergast. The details soon found their way into Repub candidate Tom Dewey's campaign literature. Hoover was mad because Truman created the CIA which diluted some of Hoover's power.

Yes he kept tabs on Nazi and Japanese sympathizers during WWII , He also fed Joe McCarthy much of the information that he used . Hoover spied on the Civil Rights movement ,the anti-Vietnam protest movement He hounded MLK for years ;illegally tapping MLKs phone and sending the tapes to MLK to intimidate and blackmail him. Ironically back then it was the liberal Dems that mostly complained about the FBI's abusive use of illegal wire taps .

After Hoover's death the FBI was turned over by Nixon to L Patrick Gray . But that pissed off the #2 guy in the agency ;Mark Felt. Felt went underground as "Deep Throat" and fed information the FBI had about the Watergate break in to Compost reporter Bob Woodward . If Felt had that information to give then it meant that Gray ,was covering it up for Nixon. It was Felt's leaks that brought down the Nixon presidency .

It is unknown how influential the FBI has been in past elections . But we know under Comey they clearly supported Evita , with him publicly clearing her of any wrong doing at the climax of the 2016 campaign , while at the same time ginning up false narratives and illegally investigating the Trump campaign.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night terrors of a group of terrorists trying to kill my family and I [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find out what the meaning is of these dreams I continue to have and wake up screaming and crying bad. I am always trying to hide my children while these terrorists looking people are throwing bombs at us and trying to shoot us. I try to call 911 on my phone and it never will go through or...

What should we do with these terrorists [ 0 Answers ]

Fire damages restored 14th century castle - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) Was it an act of terrorism, vandalism or as we are expected to believe just an accident?

Exchanging Terrorists for Dead Hostages [ 3 Answers ]

This is an example of Obama diplomacy in action . Bill Roggio of the Long War Journal has the details US releases Iraqi Shia terror group leader - The Long War Journal Jan. 20, 2007, five American soldiers were killed and three seriously wounded in Iraq. Iranian IRGCs Quds forces disguised...

This is why treating terrorists as criminals won't work. [ 42 Answers ]

POWs should not be treated as criminals. They should not be given trials because they are POWs and not criminals. POWs have never been given trials. The Geneva Conventions actually prevent POWs from being tried for their actions as soldiers (unless their actions were war crimes). They could be...

View more questions Search