Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 06:08 AM
    Response to cyber attacks??
    "WASHINGTON, July 19 (Reuters) - The United States and its allies accused China on Monday of a global cyberespionage campaign, mustering an unusually broad coalition of countries for an initiative angrily rejected by Beijing.The United States was joined by NATO, the European Union, Australia, Britain, Canada, Japan and New Zealand in condemning the spying, which U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said posed "a major threat to our economic and national security".
    The one thing missing? Any real response to these attacks other than political posturing. Maybe Harris will be put in charge of that once she gets the southern border under control. Maybe she can order carry out from an El Paso Mexican restaurant every few months.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/u...gn-2021-07-19/
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 06:12 AM
    I don't see this as any thing other than war. It is the same thing saboteurs engaged in behind enemy lines. Any state using these tactics should be punished by reprisal in kind. A utility for a utility, a service denial for a service denial
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 07:21 AM
    Can't disagree with that. Trump would have responded by now. For that matter, DeSantis, Carson, Pence, or anyone of several others would have responded by now.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 08:08 PM
    Tell me, what response is available, short of a rocket up the kyber
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 09:44 PM
    Response in kind.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 01:15 AM
    We do not know what response if any has been contemplated or acted upon ;and maybe we shouldn't ..... Plausible deniability . The Israelis have attacked the Iranian nuclear research facilities and have never officially acknowledged it .But everyone knows they did it .

The Chinese have many vulnerable targets as they are very dependent of a water supply that is stolen from the Tibetan plateau ... including the Mekong River . Chinese dams restrict the flow of this vital water way and seriously impact nations dependent on the river like Myanmar ,Thailand ,Laos ,Cambodia and Vietnam.

Much of the issues that cause the open warfare between China and India(the so called 'frozen conflict' ) derive from China's attempts to dominate all the critical water supply from the Tibetan plateau . In fact more than 20 rivers in Tibet have their source from Himalayan mountain runoff that goes into more than 100 rivers off the plateau .

This provides water from Pakistan to China ;and every nation to the south on the mainland . Many more nations should be part of this emerging coalition . If the UN had any integrity they would treat China as the pariah they are .

A cyber-attack on the Chinese dam system would send a powerful message .
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 05:19 PM
    Or you could just put a worm in their military systems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! My husband wants only cyber sex with me. [ 9 Answers ]

When my husband is home he never wants sex, but once he leaves out in the field he constantly wants to cyber with me.When he's online he tells me how beautiful I am and once he's home he totally ignores me. I cut him off from cyber sex because I feel if he doesn't want me in person he sure in hell...

Cyber law [ 1 Answers ]

Hi this is Ivor D'souza, a resident of Goregaon Mumbai I would like to know details of cyber law in india. Someone is really trying to spoil my reputation on the net and I want to see him behind bars Ivor D'souza, a resident of Goregaon, Mumbai

View more questions Search