Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 05:14 AM
    Cal Dems attempt to restrict a conservative from being on the recall ballot fail
    Cal Secretary of State Shirley Weber tried to block Larry Elder from being on the recall ballot .She said that in order to qualify for the ballot he needed to produce tax returns . But that is not the case. It is a requirement in state primaries but it is not a requirement in recall ballots . So Superior Court Judge Laurie Earl ordered her to add Elder's name to the already 40 something names on the recall ballot .
    This makes Elder ,who is a Black Conservative with a national following based on his very successful syndicated talk show ,a leading candidate to remove Gavin Newsome from office . Elder's entry into the race kills Newsome's absurd contention that the recall is a“ racist, white supremacist, QAnon recall”.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2021, 07:53 AM
    Newsome's absurd contention that the recall is a“ racist, white supremacist, QAnon recall”.
    This always seems to be their go-to call for the non-thinking crowd. There are so many who are completely willing to listen to that kind of thinking and eager to accept it. It has the enormous appeal of being able to blame my problems on someone else.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 08:06 AM
    It has the enormous appeal of being able to blame my problems on someone else.
    He is also taking great advantage in getting donations off of the appeal .The usual suspects ;Silicon Valley ;Hollywierdos , are all contributing heavily .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 11:03 PM
    Lot of people vying to be governor, must be an important position, not not so even big Arnie could win it. Perhaps you need him back, wasn't that his line "I'll be back"?
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 02:47 AM
    Arnie ,like il Duce Cuomo, married into the Kennedy clan and that has helped shape their political views (Arnie married Maria Shriver niece of the swimmer Ted Kennedy . Cuomo married Kerry Kennedy daughter of Robert Kennedy ) . There are also distant family ties with Madam Mim and Gavin Newsom.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 04:18 AM
    California is in a really bizarre situation with the most fiscally conservative candidate being Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 04:51 AM
    that was before Elder who now takes the mantle of the most conservative across the board . If you want a good read ....recommended

'Cancel the Left: 76 People Who Would Improve America by Leaving It'
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 04:55 AM
    that was before Elder who now takes the mantle of the most conservative across the board .
    That is true. He would be a good pick.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Arnie ,like il Duce Cuomo, married into the Kennedy clan and that has helped shape their political views (Arnie married Maria Shriver niece of the swimmer Ted Kennedy . Cuomo married Kerry Kennedy daughter of Robert Kennedy ) . There are also distant family ties with Madam Mim and Gavin Newsom.
    Let's face it Arnie would have been been and gone as president by now if has nation of birth hadn't been against him. Silly rule that
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 07:26 AM
    The dems would never have accepted him and he is too liberal for the republican base.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 08:07 PM
    The Republicans wouldn't accept him because of his family ties, I can understand they wouldn't want to tie themselves to the Kennedy's. Tell me; why do these demonrat families all act like the mafia?
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 03:16 AM
    The Dems going back to the days of Tammany Hall in NYC ; the Daley machine in Chi-town; the Pendergast machine in KC that produced Truman ; have acted like the mafia because that is their MO . LBJ and the Texas Dems stole the 1948 Senate election that propelled his career . The Kennedy's in cahoots with Daley and the mafia stole the 1960 presidential election . In a number of inner cities the Dems have been known to give out cigarettes for votes (smokes for votes ) This is a variant of the 19th century booze for votes .
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2021, 05:32 AM
    In a number of inner cities the Dems have been known to give out cigarettes for votes (smokes for votes ) This is a variant of the 19th century booze for votes .
    Now it's a great deal less subtle. "Vote for us and we'll send you checks."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 24, 2021, 05:37 AM
    Pretty similar to the scare tactics and fear-mongering about other races stealing the election from the white man! Worked for Reagan pretty good, and the dufus too!
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 07:22 PM
    Still barracking for the demonrats tal?
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2021, 04:06 AM
    Larry Elder gaining momentum
    Vote ‘yes’ on the recall, Larry Elder for governor – Orange County Register (ocregister.com)

Newsom is worried

California recall: Gavin Newsom sharpens message as Larry Elder poses threat in race - CNNPolitics

Wouldn't that be ironic ? The 1st Black Governor of the bluest of blue states could be a libertarian /conservative Republican .
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2021, 04:09 AM
    It would certainly be a step in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Show ballot counting spreadsheet [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to build a spreadsheet that would count votes for a participant judged car show. Each participant gets a ballot that allows them to vote for their 5 favorite cars. I would need to be able to input votes for at least 400 cars. There are no special categories, just need to input...

Sample Ballot [ 0 Answers ]

I was looking at a sample ballot of my county. Did not see my commissioner who is running for office in the city . I have not look at my absentee ballot yet. Maybe the ballots are different from one city to the next within a county. Example: Hollywood, Coral Springs, etc because each city has...

Recall recall recall please read [ 15 Answers ]

This book has some nasty errors on wiring. Many home owners use this kind of book to do wiring in there home and this is why I posted the warning. Asso see Gov web site for more info http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09078.html NEWS from CPSC U.S. Consumer Product Safety...

Car show ballot [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to create a ballot counter for a car show with 35 classes. I wish to plug in all entries with the Class number on it for each person entered. Then when I get the ballots to count it will automatically go to its class and begin counting each vote for each class. Example: 80"s Cars...

Ballot return to HOA member ? [ 3 Answers ]

Can an HOA member ask for the return of a ballot previously mailed to the management company BEFORE the ballots are opened? Is this return precluded by state law in California? If so, what is the law?

View more questions Search