Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 03:52 AM
    Madam Mim "bipartisanship "
    She rejected 2 Repubs selected to sit on the select House Committee investigation the Sept 6 riot at the Capitol. One is Jim Jordan who is the ranking Repub on the House Judiciary Committee . The other is Jim Banks ;a decorated veteran officer of the Navy who served in Afghanistan . This is proof that she does not want a serious bipartisan investigation and intends to conduct a Soviet style show trial .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 22, 2021, 08:38 AM
    Nice spin but she wouldn't have had the power to reject repubs in the first place if repubs had just stuck to the bipartisan select committee deal like it was proposed in the first place.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 09:22 AM
    oh you mean the one that would've been an "independent " commission of both houses . That one was slanted and unbalanced before it made it to a Senate vote . Democrats would have appointed more members and Madam Mim had sole subpoena power.

The wording in the original draft presumed racially motivated violent extremism, and especially white supremacy .But would fail to investigate the other riots of 2020 post the Floyd shooting and the Antifa violent attacks against Federal institutions .

McCarthy said “I may object to the people that she put on the committee. But I respect her right to do so, just as every leader has done before,” Madam Mim's selections don't lend to an unbiased panel . Certainly Lynn Cheney comes into the investigation with a predetermined view .

As it is ,the panel was slanted with the Dems selecting 8 and Repubs 5 . Now out of the 5 2 are being vetoed ? I don't think so . What we will get is 2 investigations with 2 different conclusions that won't bring any resolution to it .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 06:20 PM
    You have to learn power corrupts and when you have been in power for so long the result in inevitable, It goes to your head and reason goes out the window, the thin veneer goes into holes, but demonrats don't recognise "bipartisanship "

jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2021, 07:52 PM
    You have to learn power corrupts
    Which is a great reason to have a small central gov with limited powers.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 08:09 PM
    It is a good reason to have term limits on the presidency, what this says is there should be term limits on all public office including the speakership. let's face it you are over governed
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2021, 08:23 PM
    As are you. Small central gov with limited powers was the original vision of our country. I think the founders would be horrified to see what we have now.
    Ultra Member

Jul 22, 2021, 10:59 PM
    They might be horrified but their model was to govern a small country clinging to the edge of a continent. An agrarian society in which travel was difficult and communication non-existent. Today you have a vastly different circumstance

There is a vast difference between the level of government between our two countries. Whilst we adopted your model to some extent, our implementation is vastly different. We don't sufferer from the same issues you do. Lawlessness is not a real issue here. The police are rarely seen. Our state governments are about service delivery, our federal government about policy, Taxation isn't an issue to the extent it is with you. There is no state militia, such things were done away with over a century ago
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 02:13 AM
    I agree with term limits for all elected public officials . That will not happen as long as the only amendment tool employed is through Congress. There is another constitutional means if the country has the guts to use it .

Madam Mim is afraid to have a bipartisan commission and that is why she is rejecting Repubs who don't tow the preapproved narrative of the events of Jan 6. It was never about finding the truth . It was and is about rubber stamping a predetermined narrative .

The truth would reveal that had the Dems managed the security of the Capitol that the riot could not have happened.

There will be sham "bipartisanship" . She has already put Trump critic Liz Cheney on the panel . The next anti-Trump Repub will be Adam Kinzinger . But bipartisanship is mostly a myth . What the Dems know ;and the Repubs have to learn is that the only matrix that counts is power .
    Expert

Jul 23, 2021, 03:53 AM
    Republicans in the Senate voted down the bipartisan bicameral investigation so only have themselves to blame for all this political crap so end of story!! Sorry your spin has NO facts Tom!

The truth is Republicans don't want an investigation!
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 04:07 AM
    Sure they do . They just don't want a predetermined 'Trump is evil' sham investigation .
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 04:10 AM
    Taxation isn't an issue to the extent it is with you.
    I can only assume that was a joke. You are taxed more heavily that we are and both countries have big problems with deficit spending, meaning that the powers that be want to keep the people happy with high spending without the political liability of even higher taxes.
    Expert

Jul 23, 2021, 04:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Sure they do . They just don't want a predetermined 'Trump is evil' sham investigation .
    You had your chance, and blew it.
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 04:54 AM
    What the Dems know ;and the Repubs have to learn is that the only matrix that counts is power .
    It is certainly not honesty or transparency. The repubs need to keep playing up the dishonesty and hypocrisy of the liberal dems so as to bring about big wins in the midterms.
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I can only assume that was a joke. You are taxed more heavily that we are and both countries have big problems with deficit spending, meaning that the powers that be want to keep the people happy with high spending without the political liability of even higher taxes.
    . Don't where you get your news from. We are covid away from a balanced budget and our debt ratio is nothing like yours, but then we don't need those aircraft carriers to threaten the Chinese and Koreans with. Our government plans tax policy over a long term, not some knee jerk political reaction, there are tax cuts already legislated. As to being taxed more heavily than you, if that is true, it is about to change for you as Joe works his majic to pay for $4-5 trillion in largesse

By the way I haven't paid income tax in twenty years
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 07:18 AM
    . Don't where you get your news from. We are covid away from a balanced budget and our debt ratio is nothing like yours, but then we don't need those aircraft carriers to threaten the Chinese and Koreans with.
    You've had one balanced budget since 2010. Sorry...not impressed. And your defense spending is low because you depend on us. As I've said before, that's one of the first things we need to change. Retire two or three carriers and tell the underspenders like you to learn to take care of yourself.

there are tax cuts already legislated.
    As the solution for budget deficits? Let's see how that works out. Your pols have taken you for a ride for more than a decade and you think that gives you bragging rights? Sure sounds like someone has been deceived.

By the way I haven't paid income tax in twenty years
    Why am I not surprised?
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You've had one balanced budget since 2010. Sorry...not impressed. And your defense spending is low because you depend on us. As I've said before, that's one of the first things we need to change. Retire two or three carriers and tell the underspenders like you to learn to take care of yourself.
    When was the last time you had a balanced budget or even aimed to have one. Our defence spending is lower than yours because , until recently, we had no close enemies. What is the point of spending billions on obsolete weapons, we are now developing hypersonic weapons of our own.

As the solution for budget deficits? Let's see how that works out. Your pols have taken you for a ride for more than a decade and you think that gives you bragging rights? Sure sounds like someone has been deceived.

Why am I not surprised?
    You talk about deception and you followed Trump? We have a better fiscal situation than you do and we don't have a government focused on spending us into the poor house, so who is deceived?
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2021, 09:48 PM
    The difference between the two of us is simple. I acknowledge our problems while you are too busy trying to blow smoke up everyone’s backside concerning Australia. A little honesty would be refreshing. Try dropping the "I am bitter against the U.S." attitude.
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 06:09 AM
    Why should I, we have had a century of the US is better than the rest of us, the home of Superman, who we know fights for the american way, and GWB, who wanted to impose american style democracy on the world starting with Iraq and Afghanistan but you are the author of much that is wrong in the world so why arn't we better than you in so many ways?

The MacArthur plan in WWII, otherwise known as the Brisbane line. You treated us like you owned the place and you still do
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2021, 08:23 AM
    Part of the cost of not being prepared to defend yourself and having to count on us to do it. You have a nice country, but it is a relatively small country and you are only concerned, by and large, with taking care of yourself. You'd be speaking Japanese today if not for us. Because of the U.S. the Gospel has been preached in many foreign lands, there is a free Israel, a free Europe, the USSR went bankrupt, petroleum flows freely across the oceans, and world freedom and prosperity has been greatly enhanced. So yeah we certainly have our problems and most of it has been brought on by our own greed and stupidity, but when the Aussies have accomplished 1/10th of what we have, then get back with us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search