jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2021, 04:48 PM
    Privatize the whole thing. Vouchers.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 04:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    got me Schools are funded enough . Best guess is that administrators are getting too big a cut of the pie . Also teaching tougher hard to staff subjects should earn higher pay .
    I think you're right about administrators. They're popping up all over the education spectrum, and they're highly paid.
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2021, 05:39 PM
    There typically is not a lot to be gained from cutting admin support. Worse, much of it is popping up in order to keep up with the ever growing flood of federal regs.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 05:40 PM
    Yes regulation doesn't come without cost and shiny pants
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2021, 07:47 PM
    Well said. I knew principals who were willing to do without federal funding because the paperwork was so onerous and the funds can only be spent on a narrow spectrum of personnel or activities.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 09:05 PM
    We have a saying here that might be relevant, regulation creates unfunded community service obligations, meaning there is often regulation overreach, requiring peripheral activities such as outreach

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I handle censorship of school volunteer opinions? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. 1st time here... I was very active in our small school PTA fundraising for past few years. Have gotten less so as my kids are older. I was never an officer, just a very active member. I am still active, just bit less so. There is a new group of women in charge of our PTA now and they...

Do you consider the censorship of a literary classic acceptable ? [ 129 Answers ]

Well do you? BBC News - Furore over 'censored' edition of Huckleberry Finn All this PCness never ceases to amaze me.. This preceded the Huck Fib story: BBC News - Why are parents banning school books?

Forbidden URL message is it censorship? [ 6 Answers ]

When I tried to bring up http://www.cableterminator.com/ I got an error message. Forbidden URL Is this censorship possibly? Can anyone else bring up that addrress? The reason I think it may be censor shiip is that my internet provider is the cable company and I am looking for a TV...

View more questions Search