Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2021, 03:42 AM
    The Future of You: Can Your Identity Survive 21st-Century Technology?'
    'The Future of You: Can Your Identity Survive 21st-Century Technology? 'by Tracy Follows:

Follows shows that the rise in identity tracking and authenticating technologies means a corresponding increase in surveillance. She explains how this relates to the tension between decentralized/ federated systems vs. centralized systems.

A new governance model will probably emerge this century, in which nation states act more like technology platforms and technology platforms act more like nation states. As a result, future governance will be data-driven, made possible through the digitisation of identity. The way we work, play, travel, learn, shop, vote and communicate will become untethered from the land and move into the cloud. National governments know this, which is why they want to work so closely with the tech platforms – it’s a route to maintaining some of their declining power. But the public will not tolerate this kind of collusion so readily.

A battle between the old and new forms of governance is inevitable. It will be the battle of a generation, pitting surveillance and safety against independence and autonomy.

In the digital world, deplatforming is tantamount to depersoning. This is therefore a fight for sovereignty. It will almost certainly produce some kind of digital Bill of Rights. The only question is what this will look like.
    When Big Tech and the government combine - spiked (spiked-online.com)
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2021, 06:29 PM
    conspiracy theories and Trump was/is great at exploiting them. I'm waiting for the great someone ate my hamburger theory, after the great someone stole my election theory and the great social media is picking on me theory, Of course it is all a diversion from the great conspiracy in NY to get Trump theory
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 01:37 AM
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 05:42 AM
    Yep, that is it, sheeple under the protection of the constitution, otherwise known as speak no evil, see no evil, hear no evil
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 05:58 AM
    I haven't even addressed the future of this under the Chinese model. You think identity protection is an issue ? It pales in comparison the China's data harvesting of peoples genomes .

NCSC_China_Genomics_Fact_Sheet_2021.pdf (dni.gov)
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2021, 08:49 PM
    What have the Chinese been converted by the Mormons? or just by the morons?
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 01:42 AM
    This is serious stuff that the world should pay more attention to. We know how involved they are in things like gain of function research . Add that capability with the knowledge of everyone's dna map and the possibilities are endless .

Are the electronic health records (EHR's ) collected by the government mandate since Obamacare really secure ? Or has China been tapping into the central storage and stealing them ? We already know the answer because they wasted no time hacking into them .
    Why would Chinese hackers want US hospital patient data? | Computerworld

China has stolen the personal data of 80% Of American adults | 2021-02-02 | Security Magazine
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2021, 07:17 PM
    so do they want this data to engineer a bio weapon against you, perhaps they have already done that and we are all reaping the result
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 03:40 AM
    so do they want this data to engineer a bio weapon against you, perhaps they have already done that and we are all reaping the result
    The loss of your DNA isn't like losing your phone or credit card. You can't replace your DNA, and its theft can affect you as well as your immediate family and relatives.It's your biological identity and can be used to track you or to design a bio- weapon tailored to you.

Beijing's focus on data and the creation of a China dominated global security state where every movement, interaction, and transaction are monitored makes George Orwell's "Big Brother" look like a petty amateur. It is not just DNA . 2015 they hacked into the US Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and stole security background forms, fingerprint records, and health and financial data — from millions of current and former US officials and applicants for federal jobs. They have all the biological data on everyone in the US Intel community . And their hacking extends into US private business too. They have the dirt on many people to blackmail and recruit for their purposes. They have hacked into travel records ,financial records and as mentioned the health care records centrally collected by the US Government since Obamacare .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2021, 05:39 AM
    The loss of your DNA isn't like losing your phone or credit card. You can't replace your DNA, and its theft can affect you as well as your immediate family and relatives.
    I'm not following you on this one. How can someone take another person's DNA to the extent that it must be "replaced"?

Are the electronic health records (EHR's ) collected by the government mandate since Obamacare really secure ?
    I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that the answer to that is "No".

It will be the battle of a generation, pitting surveillance and safety against independence and autonomy.
    The article really hit the nail on the head here. It is the battle of our day and explains what amounts to the motto of the liberal dems. "We will take care of you."
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 09:31 AM
    I'm not following you on this one. How can someone take another person's DNA to the extent that it must be "replaced"?
    If you lose a credit card it gets deactivated and replaced .The threat to you ends when the card is deactivated . Your DNA is yours for life . It's your biological identity and footprint forever and can be used to track you and your family ,or to design a biological weapon tailored to you.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 09:41 AM
    Are the electronic health records (EHR's ) collected by the government mandate since Obamacare really secure ?

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and guess that the answer to that is "No"
    HIPAA laws were established for national standards to protect individuals' electronic medical records and other personal health information The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization. The government has the duty to safe guard the information .
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2021, 11:19 AM
    HIPAA does require safeguards and confidentiality, but that is a far cry from being secure against cyber attacks by top of the line cyber criminals.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 12:35 PM
    The real problem is that the US has not gone after cyber terrorists before in a serious manner . Pay the ransomware and be done with it has been the MO .Identity thieves almost never get caught. We have the tools if we choose to deploy them. ......Or so I'm told by people who understand the issues more than me .
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 05:17 PM
    it is easier to arrest a junkie on the street than go after international criminals
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2021, 07:46 PM
    That's true in a lot of ways UNLESS the criminals are state sponsored or at least state protected, but even then it's still tough and I'll grant you that. The Israelis are pretty good at it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2021, 09:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's true in a lot of ways UNLESS the criminals are state sponsored or at least state protected, but even then it's still tough and I'll grant you that. The Israelis are pretty good at it.
    Time to revive the ancient art of the assassin

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antifa the 21st Century Jacobins [ 258 Answers ]

it's the Jacobins . Robespierre whipped them into a frenzy and they guillotined everyone who opposed them . Eventually they guillotined Robespierre also . Think Gotham when Bane took control of the city ........"We take Gotham from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have...

21st century slavery [ 8 Answers ]

Can a employer not give raise to the felon he has working but give them to everyone else? Can they take benefits away from felon but no one else? Can he not pay a felon for ANY OVERTIME he works just because he is a felon?

Abbott and Costello in the 21st Century [ 5 Answers ]

Abbot and Costello in the 21st Century COSTELLO CALLS TO BUY A COMPUTER FROM ABBOTT ABBOTT: Super Duper computer store. Can I help you? COSTELLO: Thanks I'm setting up an office in my den and I'm thinking about buying a computer. ABBOTT: Mac? COSTELLO: No, the name's Lou. ABBOTT: Your...

Home Security for the 21st Century [ 9 Answers ]

I was looking to survey what services and fees (if any) people subscribe to for their home security system. In addition, if you are using a pay/fee-based service - do you feel the cost/fee is reasonable? Secondly, what feature(s) do you like the best about the system? If you ignore...

21st Century Tithing. [ 23 Answers ]

Would you tithe: 1. More 2. Less 3. The Same 4. Be Highly Offended 5. I don't tithe at all. IF your place of worship accepted Debit and Credit Cards????

View more questions Search