Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 03:44 PM
    Texas Democrat legislators are super spreaders
    To prevent a quorum in the Texas Legislature before a vote on a bill to make needed reform to the Texas voting system ,the Dems went AWOL .

They hopped on a private plane and escaped to their favorite sanctuary ......Washington DC .

Kam the Sham met them to waive pompoms and show them support

The problem is that they carried Covid with them and may have infected the Veep .

The spin is that she checked into Walter Reed Hospital for a routine check up .But 3 of
    the Texas Dems she met with have tested positive for the virus.

Kam was supposedly fully vaccinated after she had suggested in the fall that she did not trust the vaccines because Trump had fast tracked them .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2021, 03:48 PM
    More hypocrisy. Where are the hallowed masks?

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 06:56 PM
    what do you expect, they are demonrats
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2021, 08:35 PM
    Fraid you are correct on that one. Well said. I notice the outrage from the pro-maskers on this site has been, shall we say "muted".
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 09:43 PM
    I don't get it, masks are mandatory on planes here and we don't have the problems you do
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 01:48 AM
    This wasn't a commercial flight . The Dems chartered their own flight. Wonder which shady special interest paid for the trip ?

A motion, asking that “the sergeant at arms, or officers appointed by him, send for all absentees … under warrant of arrest if necessary," making the missing Dems legislative fugitives. passed 76-4.But the Sergeant at arms cannot arrest these criminal Dems because they fled outside jurisdiction and it is doubtful that an extradition request would be honored by the law authorities of DC .

However ,U.S. Congressman Brian Babin has asked the Sergeants at Arms of the US House and Senate to honor and assist any request to return these rogue legislators to Texas to honor the rules of the Texas State government . Those rules state that they can be compelled to attend legislative sessions .
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2021, 04:20 AM
    The total of positive tests is now up to five.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...or-covid-in-dc
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 04:45 AM
    Imagine if you will 5 Republican state lawmakers flying maskless on a private jet funded by an anonymous donor as they try to escape their responsibilities on voting on a bill they don't like .All come down with covid and also meet with the Republican Vice President to rally them . Then the Republican Vice President checks in to Walter Reed Medical Center for what is described as a routine check up (as opposed to following isolation protocols ) .

The compliant press would go nuts as they did at a couple of Trump events that they called 'super spreader ' events .

Democrat hypocrisy in action.
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2021, 05:05 AM
    We can only assume the five who tested positive were not vaxed. I would have thought all the legislators had been vaccinated. There should be a lot more to this story than we've seen so far.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 06:47 PM
    so how big is a quorum over there, in a legislature that large I would have thought they would have a quorum in the majority party
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2021, 01:47 AM
    in the Texas legislature a quorum is 2/3 members present . 100 members of the 150-seat House must be present in the lower chamber and 21 of the 31-seat Senate must be present in the upper chamber. A handful of the Dems stayed behind.
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2021, 10:04 PM
    A hand full in more ways than one? still I guess it beats a boring filibuster
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 01:33 AM
    Allegedly the Dems infected were all vaxed .
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 02:12 AM
    btw in a Senate hearing about the virus Sen Tim Kaine ;Evita's VP running mate in 2016 said :
    "One of the great things about President Trump and the Trump administration, working with partners and funded by Congress, was setting a world record in terms of developing really super-effective vaccines in record time,”
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2021, 04:17 AM
    "One of the great things about President Trump and the Trump administration, working with partners and funded by Congress, was setting a world record in terms of developing really super-effective vaccines in record time,”
    So Sen. Kaine has some sense after all? Encouraging.
    Ultra Member

Jul 21, 2021, 10:00 AM
    Kaine is a moderate or as moderate as a Dem can be in the current environment .
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2021, 04:48 AM
    Gotta hand it to the Texas Dems . They are a laugh a minute. They are now suing Guv Abbott for their flight from doing their job.

The lawsuit alleges that some of the Democrats are being targeted because of their race and skin color, but then provides no evidence. The lawsuit alleges that the efforts to force them to return to Texas infringed on their constitutional rights to free speech and to petition the government for redress of grievances. The plaintiffs claim they were “deprived of liberty for substantial periods of time, suffered much anxiety and distress over separation from their families, and much discomfort and embarrassment,” The lawyer representing them is an ex-lawmaker practicing law under a probationally suspended license.

If I got on a plane with a case of beer to avoid doing my job; spread covid all over ignoring my duties as a lawmaker ;I would suffer "much embarrassment" too.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2021, 05:39 AM
    some of the Democrats are being targeted because of their race and skin color,
    The cries of racism or prejudice are always the default position of the liberal dems. I suppose it's because they have so little of substance to fall back on.
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2021, 02:03 PM
    Texas Supreme court says AWOL Dems can be arrested .
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2021, 02:10 PM
    So be it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Super Mario All Stars for the SNES which is the real super mario bros 2? [ 2 Answers ]

One of my favorite games I used to play on the SNES super Nintendo was Super Mario All Stars. It has a total of four games to choose from - Super Mario bros, Super Mario bros the lost levels, super Mario bros 2, and super Mario bros 3. I get confused between super Mario bros 2 and super Mario bros...

Maine, NH legislators vote for gay marriage [ 38 Answers ]

But that's not the point of this thread. This is: Where does it end? What kind of "marriage" are you NOT willing to support?

Why I'm going to vote DEMOCRAT [ 21 Answers ]

I'm voting Democrat because English has no place being the official language in America. I'm voting Democrat because it's better to turn corn into fuel than it is to eat. I'm voting Democrat because I'd rather pay $4 for a gallon of gas than allow drilling for oil off the coasts of America. ...

Super Shy in a Super Social environment [ 8 Answers ]

I am an 18 year old, Canadian Boy My problem is that I am a very shy person when it comes to speaking with adults, strangers, authorities, and for the most part all girls. The type of people I surround myself with are the so called popular group. Having all my friends in the popular group leaves...

View more questions Search