Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2021, 05:34 AM
    Not to worry the WHO is getting tough with China "urging " them to cooperate in the origins investigation .

Covid: WHO urges China to co-operate better in virus origin probe - BBC News
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2021, 06:52 AM
    Ha, haa, haaaa, I can't stop laughing China is a sovereign nation, the WHO has no say on what goes on in China
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2021, 07:44 AM
    Then China should be expelled from all these various international organizations . WHO is a problem in that they ran cover for China when sourcing could've saved thousands of lives .

China is a joke . Beijing has been exploiting the pandemic to advance its political and financial interests Covax, the WHO backed initiative, announced it will PURCHASE 550 million doses of China's Sinovac and Sinopharm vaccines . Billions of dollars for subpar vaccines that have been ineffective against the Delta variant .The Chinese shots are proving so ineffective that several countries are seeing surges due to the false comfort they provided.

The US has already DONATED over 12 million doses to Covax and will donate more . And of course funding from the US to it's various agencies is what makes money available to WHO to pay for these garbage Chinese doses and the principle owner of Sinopharm is the Chinese government .

If they go through with this sale then I agree with NJ Senator Menendez who said the US should stop donating doses to Covax and instead should rebalance distribution of its surplus shots more toward bilateral agreements and less through international organizations beholden to Beijing.

Make no mistake about it . China is already using it's vaccines as a diplomatic tool . Doses are being sent contingent on countries playing by China's rules ie change positions on Chinese occupation of other nation's seas and land ...their Taiwan policy ,and critique of how China handled the pandemic in 2019 at it's origin .
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2021, 08:23 PM
    China has many diplomatic tools to bend the will of smaller nations, belt and road debt trap, loans, fishing trawler fleets, vaccines, infrastructure teams. They take a long term view something a nation with a short electoral cycle cannot compete with
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 03:47 AM
    The West made a calculated risk that by bringing China into the fold of a global system that they could be tamed . That was a bad gamble .
    To paraphrase a quote attributed to various commies of the past; the capitalists will sell the rope that hangs them . There is some truth to that .
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 06:57 PM
    Nixon needed a deflection so he built on the Aussie initiative, after Whitlam had visited

by the way Tom I think the quote is; we will sell the last capitalist the rope to hang himself. China is trying to live up to that
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2021, 08:33 PM
    Nixon needed a deflection so he built on the Aussie initiative,
    Yeah. That was right after we landed a man on the moon by following the "Aussie initiative".
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Yeah. That was right after we landed a man on the moon by following the "Aussie initiative".
    The moon was a bridge too far for us so we went to China first, you, on the other hand, were competing with the Russians and needed to find some new allies. We were just looking for trade opportunities and Whitlam was dark pink anyway
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 02:03 AM
    Yeah Nixon was a start . But the real push was the Bubba and Bush initiatives to assist China in joining the WTO. Their biggest economic advances have occurred in the last 20 years as they have thumbed their nose at any rules joining international trade organizations expect member nations to live by. The country’s 2001 entry into the WTO allowed it unprecedented opportunities for foreign trade that revolutionized Chinese markets and lifted millions out of poverty. But China has never let go of its top down tight grip on the economy. Businesses can only operate in China if the CCP approves, and only to further its goals.
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 06:58 AM
    and how do McDonald's and KFC further it's goals? did they get the IP to the Colonel's recipe?
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 11:55 AM
    the people like eating Mickey D's . So what did the Chinese do ? They allowed them to establish inside the country then CITIC ,the state owned financial company; purchased the majority stake in the Chinese operation McDonalds effectively gave up control of it's Chinese operations .

Yum China owns KFC . Although it is based in Louisville , it is essentially a Chinese brand company since 2016. Because the Chinese prefer chicken over beef ,they have an advantage over Mickey D's .What the brand brought to China was modern distribution and management systems .By localizing their menu KFC in China is exclusively a Chinese brand . .
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2021, 06:45 PM
    yes I have eaten both in China, no difference in the taste, that was the appeal for the Chinese, a taste of the decedent western culture

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Libre Office in Linux [ 5 Answers ]

"I downloaded Libre Office. When I try to open it from the desktop shortcut or in Applications, I receive message There was an error launching the application. Can you please help me to be able to open it. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance."

Music video 2013. Saw it on viva [ 0 Answers ]

Boy looking for girl through sticking posters all over town and he gives a flayer to her she is the girl from flayer and posters missing she tries to explain that to him but he is not listening.

Libre Knife Fighting dvd? [ 1 Answers ]

Good day Looking if anyone know where I can get Libre Knife fighting dvd's think they are called street edge 1-4 founder Scott Babb?

Song Search from Viva la Bam [ 3 Answers ]

There was a song that they were playing in Bam's hummer that I heard and all I no is the beginning it went like: yea yea yea... no no no

Obama and Cuba ? [ 7 Answers ]

Obama is opening up more relations and dialog with Cuba. If the Cubans accepted the U.S. lifting all sanctions against Cuba, And travel out of the U.S. to Cuba was a common thing, what would be the pros and cons? Would it help or hurt The U.S. or the Cubans?

View more questions Search