Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 04:05 PM
    Let the children get back to normal lives .
    Since covid 49,000 Americans under the age of 18 have died of all causes . Of those 331 of those deaths can be traced to complications from getting covid .Less than half that from pneumonia.
    Over 600,000 Americans have lost their lives to covid over the course of the pandemic; just 0.05 % of those were under the age of 18, a population that represents more than 20 % of the country’s population

Many more kids have died from Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) because they were wearing masks and being quarantined for 18 months preventing them from building up immunity . The mortality rate for kids was higher for the flu than covid ever was .

The same numbers represent mortality rated for kids that have the Delta variant .

And yet the kids have been treated the same as if they are geezers with pre-existing conditions . We go so far as expecting high school atheletes in an outdoor track meet to wear masks as they compete .
    Summit HS runner collapses across finish line - YouTube

But you say .We put that burden on the kids not to protect the kids ,but to protect others from the kids . And you are good with that .
    But now over 90% of the highest risk groups have been vaccinated .Anyone who wants to be vaccinated has been already ;or it is available to them in the US .

Open the schools and let the children get back to the business of learning .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 04:14 PM
    By all means but there are also teachers who may be vulnerable, kids are very good at spreading disease
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2021, 05:14 PM
    In Arkansas, Covid-19 cases surge as state combats vaccine skepticism (msn.com)

Saying it's over doesn't mean it's over.
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 06:32 PM
    teachers who may be vulnerable,
    read again Anyone who wants to be vaccinated has been already ;or it is available to them in the US .
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 06:34 PM
    Sure, but you are not 100% vaccinated yet?
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 06:34 PM
    tal I did not say it is over . What I did say was that there is no reason to punish the kids. They are not the high risk groups ;and everyone else has the ability to get vaccinated free of charge . .
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 06:38 PM
    Tom, maybe but it has escaped you in the melee, vaccinated people also contract covid because it keeps mutating. reminds me of the book/movie the Andromeda strain or the scenario in Stargate SG1
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 06:45 PM
    tell me one case of someone getting covid after vaccination . We are told that the vac prevents the Delta variant too.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2021, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    tell me one case of someone getting covid after vaccination . We are told that the vac prevents the Delta variant too.
    April 15, 2021
    "About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.

Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 -- 7% -- of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization."
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/healt...cdc/index.html
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 07:51 PM
    We have had cases here of vaccinated people here testing positive it is one of the reasons our health experts have gone ape on us

cc
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 02:59 AM
    April 15, 2021
    "About 5,800 people who have been vaccinated against coronavirus have become infected anyway, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tells CNN.

Some became seriously ill and 74 people died, the CDC said. It said 396 -- 7% -- of those who got infected after they were vaccinated required hospitalization."
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/14/healt...cdc/index.html
    To be clear ;that is 74 deaths against 159 million + vaccinated in the US

ok no problem shut down society forever . If covid is endemic like the flu with new variants periodically ;now what ?

It is insane to punish the least vulnerable when it comes to morbidity. Do what you can to protect the vulnerable and let the rest of the people live their lives .
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 06:25 AM
    fact less than 1% of Americans under 24 who got Covid was hospitalized and less than 0.01 % died . That is a better rate than the flu .
    COVID-19 Trends Among Persons Aged 0–24 Years — United States, March 1–December 12, 2020 | MMWR (cdc.gov)

But kids education was left behind .
    Covid is having a devastating impact on children — and the vaccine won't fix everything (nbcnews.com)

And kid suicides increased .
    Child Suicides Rising During Lockdown (webmd.com)

Time to stop punishing the kids for the pandemic
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 06:58 AM
    B/S the kids are not being punished, their parents are being protected
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 12:44 PM
    no the essential workers who should've showed up every day like other essential workers ,aka the teachers ,are the ones being protected at the expense of the children.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2021, 12:53 PM
    the teachers are the ones being protected at the expense of the children.
    How would you have orchestrated this?
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 01:46 PM
    By summer last year all the relevant information was available .
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 03:07 PM
    so you would cure covid with data
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 04:41 PM
    this isn't about "curing " .Like the flu and the common cold ,covid is with us . We have to deal with it .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 13, 2021, 04:46 PM
    this isn't about "curing " .Like the flu and the common cold ,covid is with us . We have to deal with it .
    And so how do we deal with it, especially teachers with classrooms of 25-30 students?
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 05:13 PM
    Originally Posted by tomder55

And so how do we deal with it, especially teachers with classrooms of 25-30 students?

How do line workers in factories all over the country deal with it ? How do grocery store workers deal with it ? How do hospital staff deal with it ? They put on their clothes and go do their job . If anything teachers are supposed to be more essential and yet they act as if their jobs are voluntary participation ;and the kids suffer as a result . I have no sympathy for them .Let them find work where the risks are more acceptable to them .

Private schools thrived BECAUSE they did not shut down this school year . If there is data saying those teachers have had higher percentage of cases I have not seen them .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had custody of my children from 04, in Ca, my ex lives in NY? [ 1 Answers ]

I got support for 1 year after I moved here, Then in 08,2 months before my youngest turned 18 she got custody. The law is different in NY,and so is the age of obligation. My question is can I go back to the original order, even though I left NY, and get that order enforced, even though the kids are...

Name of a children's movie about a cat that has nine lives. [ 3 Answers ]

Children's movie about a cat that has nine lives? I would like to know the name.

How to take the father of my 2 children to court when he lives in the USA? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My 2 children are 8 & 9 soon to be 9 & 10, the father has ran off to the states when they were 2 & 3 after we split. After he's giving me a hard time with helping out with birthday, school year clothes, and xmas.. I decided I want to take him to court. I can go through legal aid but they...

My children's father is not in their lives. Can I file abandonment and how? [ 2 Answers ]

My children's father does not pay child support, is a drug addict in prison for the 4th or 5th time and has not contacted my boys for almost a year. Can I file abandonment? If so, how do I do that?

Claiming children who lives in the philippines as dependents? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to ask if its possible to claim my 2 kids as dependents even if they are currently living in the philippines. They haven't been in the states yet and there was no plan for them to come here anytime soon. But I'm sure I can get them an ITIN since they already have visas. They live...

View more questions Search