Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fromafar86 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2021, 10:47 AM
    Who here works, or has ever worked, in the FBI? I need your help.
    I’m getting these calls and they won’t stop. Very annoying. Who can help me figure this out?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 10, 2021, 11:45 AM
    More details would be useful.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2021, 12:21 PM
    Curlyben is correct. We need more information. Is the caller a recording or a real-time caller? Is the caller warning you about something or offering you something?

Jul 10, 2021, 12:29 PM
    So the caller usually calls from an “unallocated” number. And they only do these things under certain circumstances. I also get a lot of random bots sending me texts with links that, mind you, I’ve never clicked on yet they still proceed to send them anyhow. And sometimes my internet will slow down. On both data, as well as my wifi at home. I’ve also had many profile views and which will normally happen all at once, like thousands upon thousands, on sites like YouTube, or back when MySpace and xanga were still around. Or I’ve sometimes would get these other random phone calls, where I would pick up and they don’t say anything. Or when I don’t pick up and the phone just keeps ringing, even though I have voicemail set up. So yeah, that’s just to name a few things anyhow. Thoughts?
    BossMan

Jul 10, 2021, 12:38 PM
    Have the callers identified themselves ?

Dodgy texts with links are best ignored anyways.
    SO far sounds like some spam gangs have your number and are making use of it.
    Be mindful where your personal data goes and how it's used.

Jul 10, 2021, 12:41 PM
    No, man. The callers have been very mysterious about what they are doing. And will therefore never identify themselves, I’m sure. But it really messes with my head, though. And I’m just trying to live a good life. I’m finally on my own again and trying to make something of myself. But I have really bad anxiety, and depression.. so it really gets to me.
    BossMan

Jul 10, 2021, 12:49 PM
    Easy enough, use your voicemail as a filter.
    Don't hang up the calls, just mute and let them ring out.
    If they are, as suspected, autodialers, your number will soon drop out of the active lists.

Jul 10, 2021, 12:59 PM
    So this has been going on for over ten years now. Before my first cell phone in 2010, it was only happening on my computer. The profile views, my passwords being changed, etc. Once I got my first cell phone, that same day, my very first call it was them. And between then and the time that had stopped three years later, I think I picked up the phone and put it to mute for a good 20 minutes or so, at least one time. Which did not solve anything at all. But the very last time they did it I just let it ring and like I said, it never even went the voicemail. And that was actually right after I had written a journal entry about how I was so sick of the hackers messing with me and whatnot. Now it’s those texts and unallocated calls and whatnot. Crazy world we live in now.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 10, 2021, 01:57 PM
    I've blocked the most obnoxious callers. That has worked for me so far. I get one ring, "caller blocked" on my screen, then silence. And yes, never click links in texts.

Jul 10, 2021, 02:10 PM
    Well, I think for some people it’s just so simple. And then for people like me, not so much. Because like I said, they only do these things under certain circumstances. And I’m a person who has a lot of grief in my life, so whenever I feel like I’ve gotten through something, they go ahead and proceed with doing the following. It’s tough. I just want things to be normal again. And I know I can’t change the world, I know I can’t just say the magic word to them and then they no longer do these things to me. But I’d also like to think that I’d be at least doing a little bit better without these things going on in my life, and as often as they do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2028.66 is hours worked and 193.41 is overtime worked. What is the percentage of over [ 2 Answers ]

If there is 2028.66 Regular hours worked And 193.41 Overtime hours worked. What is the percentage of overtime hours worked?

2003 philips PROJECTION TV worked one day then the next day it works but no picture? [ 1 Answers ]

My television was working fine one day, then we turned it on again it has power, but there is no screen or sound. Where you turn it on at on the front of the TV, the red flashes then you can't turn it off, you have to unplug it to cut it off.

Remote works, light works, fan humms does not turn [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Hamton Bay fan with a remote/no pull chain. The light on the remote comes on and does properly operate the light on the fan. It also turns on and off a humming noise but there is no movement from the fan itself. Of course, the house did not come with an owners manual. Is...

View more questions Search