Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 11:13 AM
    nanny state ala Francese .......
    Wide scale protests across France with protesters calling for the head (resignation ) of Macron , following his announcement that a digital health pass would be required in all "bars, restaurants, amusement parks, shopping centers, trains, coaches and planes."

All those silly French lacking "common sense "<sarc>

There are also protests in Greece .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2021, 11:15 AM
    Thankfully there are still those abroad who value the worth of freedom.
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2021, 01:00 PM
    My characterization of CB's post as a "lie" was too harsh. My apologies. It would have been much better to have said he was mistaken in his understanding of my comment.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2021, 06:55 PM
    apparently you can, witness JL's last post
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 12:36 PM
    sorry can't resist

The Taliban spokesman got a question about freedom of speech and he said the question should be asked to US companies like Facebook who claim to promote it while still censoring
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2021, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The Taliban spokesman got a question about freedom of speech and he said the question should be asked to US companies like Facebook who claim to promote it while still censoring
    What is "freedom of speech"?

What answer did the Taliban spokesman get?
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 01:25 PM
    Spokesperson Suhail Shaheen said prior to that ..The Taliban “believes in freedom of speech” and suggested those rights will extend to women in Afghanistan During an appearance on Sky News on Tuesday, Shaheen said: “We are committed to women’s rights to education, to work and for freedom of speech.”
    “We believe all citizens should be equal in the sight of law and there should not be any kind of discrimination."

The Taliban has been spreading the message of jihad on Twitter ;a forum Trump is still banned on .His complaint was that Facebook still considers the Taliban terrorists . They also vowed to honor women's rights ......within the context of Sharia law . This is the more kinder gentler Taliban
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2021, 01:26 PM
    I think WG's point is that freedom of speech does not extend to the private enterprises. That's true so fair enough, but when there is a concerted effort to shut down fair and honest exchanges of ideas on these media giants, then perhaps it's time to start looking at their monopolies needing to be broken up.

Also seems strange that FB cannot be compelled to allow free and open exchanges of ideas, but bakeries can be forced to participate in gay weddings. Doesn't pass the smell test.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 01:34 PM
    I think WG's point is that freedom of speech does not extend to the private enterprises.
    Funny I did not divine that in the question. Guess I have to brush up on my Socratic method .Anyway I'm sure the complaint press did not probe.

My own opinion is public companies like it or not have become the public square . This is doubly true when companies like Facebook has been proven to be the mouthpiece of the government .
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2021, 01:58 PM
    This is doubly true when companies like Facebook has been proven to be the mouthpiece of the government .
    Not to mention most of the media proving to be cheerleaders for the Democrat party.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2021, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    bakeries can be forced to participate in gay weddings.
    Gay dollar bills are just as green as cis dollar bills.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 02:44 PM
    There are gay dollar bills
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 17, 2021, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    There are gay dollar bills
    Happy, happy money!!!
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2021, 03:28 PM
    Freedom of conscience for straight individuals, and for that matter ALL individuals, is more important than anyone's green dollar bills. Some things, amazingly enough, are more important than money.
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2021, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Happy, happy money!!!
    I'm reminded of the opening chorus from South Pacific, don't know why, maybe those were times that were really gay and happy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would make a leviton dimmer switch make a buzzing noise? [ 5 Answers ]

What would make a leviton dimmer switch make a buzzing noise?

Make us one heart make us one mind make us one let your will be done [ 3 Answers ]

Where to find the vido, song or the music score For this song : make us one heart,make us one mind,let your will be done. Make us one flame, to proclaim your name, make us one, make us one

My shower heads make a high pitch noise how can I make it stop? [ 1 Answers ]

After the water runs for a minute, the shower heads start to make a high pitch noise.

View more questions Search