Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2021, 08:17 PM
    the US leaves a mess behind
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...iban/100272542

The US forces snuck out of Bagram airbase and like all true litterbugs they did it in the dead of night leaving thousands of cars. The place was one great parking lot but to leave in fear? Were they remembering what happened to the British in their retreat?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 03:33 AM
    I am embarrassed and discouraged over the way we have cut and run. I was for the orderly withdrawal from Afghanistan .This was not it .We are leaving like we did in Vietnam with our tails between our legs .

One quarter of the provinces have fallen to the Taliban in the last month .Most telling is that their largest gains have been in the territories controlled by the Northern Alliance before our attack after 9-11 ...and the home base of most of the current Afghan government . Bill Roggio who's 'Long War Journal ' has been a chronical of our war against Jihadistan wrote “If the Taliban can deny Afghanistan’s government and its backers their base of power, Afghanistan is effectively lost,” “The government could not possibly keep its tenuous footholds in the south, east, west, and even in central Afghanistan if the north is lost. If the Afghan government loses the north, the Taliban could take the population centers in the south, east, and west without a fight, and begin its siege of Kabul.”

Afghanistan at risk of collapse as Taliban storms the north | FDD's Long War Journal

Were they remembering what happened to the British in their retreat?
    Worse.... we bug out safely and leave behind allies of the coalition to suffer the Brit fate at Khyber Pass.

For the US to bug out the way we did on the weekend we celebrate our independence ;absent of a peace deal or even a cease fire ,makes me ill.
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 03:46 AM
    The satire site 'The Onion' predicted this scenario a decade ago

U.S. Quietly Slips Out Of Afghanistan In Dead Of Night (theonion.com)
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 10:31 PM
    How well they know the american psyche
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2021, 05:17 AM
    Quid miscalculated . When asked while making his call for withdrawal Quid said that he did not expect the Kabul government to collapse ; that a decade of training and armed with American weapons ,the government would not fold.

But they are folding like a cheap tent . This time the Taliban is playing it smart . They took out the northern provinces 1st . Those were the areas of internal contention when they ran the nation after the Soviet withdrawal. . Now they are in striking distance of Kabul .

It is an embarrassment .Quid is actually begging the Taliban to spare the US embassy . The Quids actually said that future US aide could be dependent on that . Really ? We would give aide to those sub-human barbarians ?

We are actually sending troops back in to assist in our timely departure .

For a generation with our assistance Afghan society was opening up for women. They came out of their homes joined the civil society ,in some cases became political leaders . The Taliban will brutally put them back in their homes . Already Taliban fighters are identifying young women to forcibly marry . Many will be executed as happened in the 1990s .

It is almost crueler to dash their progress than to have ever raised their expectations .

And what does the way we are withdrawing say to allies .....that there is a time clock on American support ? I'm sure that is what China is telling our allies in East Asia .
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2021, 06:33 AM
    You are fair weather friends, this is what it shows, that your administration has no will to continue a fight when all the power is in your hands

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cactus leaves? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a similar plant to Holden Caufields', but the plant itself is more 3 sided than roundish, anyone know what it is?

What should I do if son leaves school? [ 3 Answers ]

Asbergers Syndrome 7 years old

Curly apple leaves and spotty maple leaves [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 small apple trees, 2 are new this year. The older one developed both mildew and an aphid infestation. I have treated those and can see no signs of insects or fungus yet the new leaves are still growing in curled round. The 2 newer trees are also starting to get curled up leaves though I...

Is it necessary to rake leaves [ 2 Answers ]

Is it necessary to rake leaves

View more questions Search