Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Another states right advocate that wants a weak central government instead of the intended equal branches of government with separation of powers. Checks and balances.
    A house divided against itself cannot prosper, your founding fathers should have been familiar with this principle and they used it when forming the Constitution
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2021, 05:06 AM
    a weak central government instead of the intended equal branches of government with separation of powers.
    False dichotomy. Conservatives want BOTH a small, efficient fed government AND the appropriate use of separation of powers. One does not rule out the other.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 5, 2021, 08:22 AM
    I have to question the premise of a small AND efficient central government with the capacity to deal with complex national issues of a huge nation.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 06:08 AM
    Virtually all of Europe and almost all developed countries require in-person voters to use photo IDs to vote. Indeed, out of Europe’s 47-countries, only the United Kingdom hasn’t required photo IDs to vote in their entire country, but that is about to change. Similar in-person rules exist for most developed countries. The vast majority of countries ban absentee ballots for people living in their country. While some point out that eight of Europe’s 47-countries allow for proxy voting, where you can designate someone to vote on your behalf, the safe-guards used to prevent fraud are generally far more stringent than used for absentee ballots in the US. Other countries have discovered widespread voter fraud when safeguards are not used. They also understand that relying on conviction counts is unlikely to catch the vast majority of fraud that occurs. The question is: why is the US so unique in terms of not guarding against vote fraud?
    Why Do Most Countries Require Photo Voter IDs?: They Have Seen Massive Vote Fraud Problems by John R. Lott :: SSRN
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 03:50 PM
    You left us out in your remarks, Tom, I have never had to show a voter ID to vote. We identify ourselves on the roll of registered voters and are marked off. We are also able to lodge an absentee ballot at any principal polling place and to lodge an early ballot
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2021, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I have never had to show a voter ID to vote. We identify ourselves on the roll of registered voters and are marked off.
    Why information is there to prove you are you?
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 04:30 PM
    they have a law that everyone of age must vote . So they don't give a hoot about the concept of eligible voters .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2021, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    they have a law that everyone of age must vote . So they don't give a hoot about the concept of eligible voters .
    I didn't know you're from Australia, tomder!
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 08:25 PM
    Sure they do. They have to watch out for those dangerous three-year-olds. You know, the ones that rigged the 2020 election in the US? Trump has ABSOLUTE proof of what they did. Everybody knows he has it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 08:39 PM
    Everyone here is eligible, even, since 1954, the aborigines. No racial discrimination, no stuffing about or stuffing ballot boxes. But to be on the roll you must register and notify a change of address. Really the only thing that might disqualify you is being of no fixed abode, ie, homeless. We have simplified the process to ensure there is due process and universal suffrage and no political interference
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2021, 08:44 PM
    You have said before that everyone of legal age is required to vote. Isn’t that the case?
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2021, 09:13 PM
    Yes, you must be a citizen, of course, not an unnaturalised migrant, and you will be fined if you fail to vote without good excuse and since absentee voting is available, travel is no excuse. People in hospitals, age homes, etc, may lodge what is called a postal vote.

We don't have an equivalent of your primary selection process and so our election period is short, usually no more than eight weeks
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 05:07 AM
    My post said Virtually all of Europe and almost all developed countries .So I guess Australian ;not being in Europe; and the one off isolated developed nation with no common land borders to any other nation is the one off .

Evidently the Aussie system is not as pure as the driven slush as we are led to believe .
    In this years Federal Election over 18,000 people allegedly voted multiple times, a steep increase from the 2013 election with only around 8,000 multiple voters.
    Australian voter fraud up 125% in the 2016 Federal Election - Australia Business News
    Uber Member

Jul 27, 2021, 06:00 AM
    Sure they do.
    And as it turns out...sure they do!!
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2021, 07:15 AM
    My post said Virtually all of Europe and almost all developed countries .So I guess Australian ;not being in Europe; and the one off isolated developed nation with no common land borders to any other nation is the one off .

Evidently the Aussie system is not as pure as the driven slush as we are led to believe .
    In this years Federal Election over 18,000 people allegedly voted multiple times, a steep increase from the 2013 election with only around 8,000 multiple voters.
    Australian voter fraud up 125% in the 2016 Federal Election - Australia Business News
    If they do that they are stupid or there is fraud, however few electorates have such a close result that it could tip the balance because ours is not a first past the post electoral system. If you manage more than 50% you are in but otherwise it comes down to distribution of preferences and it is this rather than a few random votes that will determine the result. Everyone of those persons who did that would be fined. Obviously there was great panic in the minor parties and the underdog won. Contrary to the wishes of the leftists

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car Show ballot counting spreadsheet [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to build a spreadsheet that would count votes for a participant judged car show. Each participant gets a ballot that allows them to vote for their 5 favorite cars. I would need to be able to input votes for at least 400 cars. There are no special categories, just need to input...

Can I use a normal blow fuse to replace time delay/slow blow? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a PC speaker sub woofer with a blown fuse. I was wondering can I replace it was a normal blow fuse? It currently has a Lf.5al250vp fuse which to my understanding is Littlefuse - Time delay/slow blow 5a 250v non-lead? Can I replace it with a normal blow 5a 250v fuse?

Sample Ballot [ 0 Answers ]

I was looking at a sample ballot of my county. Did not see my commissioner who is running for office in the city . I have not look at my absentee ballot yet. Maybe the ballots are different from one city to the next within a county. Example: Hollywood, Coral Springs, etc because each city has...

Car show ballot [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to create a ballot counter for a car show with 35 classes. I wish to plug in all entries with the Class number on it for each person entered. Then when I get the ballots to count it will automatically go to its class and begin counting each vote for each class. Example: 80"s Cars...

Ballot return to HOA member ? [ 3 Answers ]

Can an HOA member ask for the return of a ballot previously mailed to the management company BEFORE the ballots are opened? Is this return precluded by state law in California? If so, what is the law?

View more questions Search