Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M1k3y Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2021, 10:22 PM
    Does workers comp still apply?
    I have injured my toe back in November 2020 and it is starting to grow back. I have noticed pus, swelling and the nail is growing inward. Could workers comp still be used for this issue?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 11:40 AM
    Although it varies state by state, in most cases you would have needed to document the injury and inform the employer within 60 days (sometimes 30).

If there was accident paperwork filled out, and you went to the doctors for examination, then you can file a claim as much 1-5 years out.

With a good lawyer, anything is possible though.

I've seen coworkers ask the boss to cover their minor injuries as well. If you need stitches, and don't want to do the comp thing (the boss certainly doesn't) then he might spring for the $500 it would cost you. That also serves as documentation, he acknowledges the injury, and there are doctors involved, thus further claims may be warranted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

My husband has had a Workmens Comp claim that is ongoing now for over 6 years. We hear nothing unless the lawyer wants something. They do not call us but insist that it is a strong case or they wouldn't waste their time. We are broke and my husband is unable to work. Now we are going into the 7th...

workers comp [ 0 Answers ]

Work injury sustained in July 2010.. case required hiring of lawyer.. first initial (back)payout dec 2010.. since then receiving biweekly perm disibility benefit. It is now Feb 2012,How long until final settlement.. lawyer can never winnow this down to a timeline.. why? Three weeks... two months...

Workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

When does workers compensation pay cease.

Workers comp [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need an attorney to help me get my settlement

Should workers comp have to pay? [ 1 Answers ]

Back on July 14 2006 my boss's dog attacked and bit me in the face. It took 40+ stichs to patch it up. Have been on disability for the time however the dog owner refused to pay bills stated it was work related. My Dr. says he does not want me to go back till I see a Psychologist and plastic...

View more questions Search