Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You do have the Aquinas history behind you, so I tend to not trust your allegations.
    Rejecting my Aquinas anecdote does NOT make it false. In any case, my Aquinas story compared to your Jesus story are light-years apart. Aquinas never sent most of the world to hell, and I never said he did. Your Jesus condemned the whole world of unbelievers to hell and torture and you said he did.

Trustworthy? You? Not a chance.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 09:14 AM
    No, but adding the truncated quote made your description of it false. No question about it. Would you like for me to repost it? I assure you I can. Then everyone can make up their own minds about it.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 09:52 AM
    No, but adding the truncated quote made your description of it false. No question about it. Would you like for me to repost it? I assure you I can. Then everyone can make up their own minds about it.
    Why don't you post your belief about Jesus and hell so we can all make a fair comparison?
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 09:56 AM
    Why don't you believe what Jesus said?
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 10:03 AM
    Why don't you believe what Jesus said?
    Why do you say I don't?
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 10:05 AM
    Look at the Genesis thread.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 10:58 AM
    Look at the Genesis thread.
    I did. I don't see the answer there either.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 06:35 AM
    How has this degenerated into a religious debate?
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    How has this degenerated into a religious debate?
    It's inevitable when dealing with a white evangelist who supports Trump. The two are inextricably connected.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 03:57 PM
    I don't see the connection Trump is not a religious man
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 3, 2021, 04:06 PM
    White evangelicals say he's a baby Christian.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2021, 05:39 PM
    Then why are the evangelicals supporting him along with the racists, and loonies? Strange bedfellows indeed.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 05:51 PM
    Put in the context of the demonrats any port in a storm
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 4, 2021, 05:13 AM
    You're right there a very few conservative heroes nationally, but a lot of emerging dufus clones and clowns.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 07:50 AM
    from Athos
    It's inevitable when dealing with a white evangelist who supports Trump. The two are inextricably connected.
    Both camps, Trump supporters and OT God followers, follow the strongman theory of history. That explains many of the similarities - especially the bizarre ones.

Trump's voters are primarily from white evangelicals.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2021, 12:12 PM
    White evangelicals say he's a baby Christian.
    I'd still love to know what a "white evangelical" is and how their beliefs differ from non-white evangelicals.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2021, 12:42 PM
    I'd still love to know what a "white evangelical" is and how their beliefs differ from non-white evangelicals.
    Black evangelicals believe in human equality as a biblical principle based on the oneness of the human family under God as Creator, stressing the importance of agape in their dealings with all humans and the need to reject racial and national barriers that forbid full fellowship and cooperative ministry. Black evangelicals give priority to Christ’s command to go into all the world and preach the gospel.

White evangelicals (formerly termed fundamentalists -- rigid Bible literalists -- but they stole the evangelical term so as to sound more acceptable as Christians) turn increasingly inward, are caught up in their own internal affairs or controversies, and simply become more and more comfortable with the racial status quo.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Black evangelicals believe in human equality as a biblical principle based on the oneness of the human family under God as Creator, stressing the importance of agape in their dealings with all humans and the need to reject racial and national barriers that forbid full fellowship and cooperative ministry. Black evangelicals give priority to Christ’s command to go into all the world and preach the gospel.

White evangelicals (formerly termed fundamentalists -- rigid Bible literalists -- but they stole the evangelical term so as to sound more acceptable as Christians) turn increasingly inward, are caught up in their own internal affairs or controversies, or simply become more and more comfortable with the racial status quo.

Excellent answer. One of the best.
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2021, 03:51 PM
    Really, you think Christians racist. this view is coloured by the peculiar circumstance of your country and its history of racism
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2021, 04:15 PM
    Really, you think Christians racist. this view is coloured by the peculiar circumstance of your country and its history of racism
    Exactly, 'Clete! It's a U.S. problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jail in lockdown [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my boyfriend is in north county corectional facility in California I have not heard from him in about 4 days I think the jail is on lockdown is normal for him not to call me he calls me like 10 times a day so I'm really worried does anybody have any idea what could possibly be n does lockdown...

Stuck on Lockdown [ 5 Answers ]

Hey , I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now , and just recently he has told me that I'm not allowed to drink anymore and go out to town anymore. His reason is because he's insecure and he worries when I go out I will met someone or get hit on etc. I was quite mad about it and said your...

Stuck. Lockdown. [ 119 Answers ]

Sneezy here. Oh boy, it's been a while since I've asked a question, but perhaps you wiser folks could give me some sort of wisdom. So, I have a girlfriend. Things have been, for a lack of a better word, fantastic. Can't really complain much about the relationship. I'm back here for the...

Sydney's cheeks are swollen and red [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, First let me say that I will be taking Sydney to the doctor today, sadly my family doctor Is out of town so I'll be taking her to a walk in clinic. I don't trust walk in clinics, I've Had bad experiences with them before. I'm just looking for opinions, this came on so...

View more questions Search