Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 5, 2021, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    can draw no useful conclusions at all from my contacts.
    Now you're a preacher too???

My 70 years of involvement trumps (ha ha trumps) your 40 years.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2021, 04:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Opinion...opinion...opinion.

I've been preaching for forty years. I know a lot of preachers, and many are evangelicals. And that means that, like you, I have met much less than 1/100 of 1% of evangelical preachers, and thus can draw no useful conclusions at all from my contacts.
    You obviously don't practice what you preach, you do know the Bible tells us not to engage in philosophical arguments
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2021, 11:08 AM
    You obviously don't practice what you preach, you do know the Bible tells us not to engage in philosophical arguments
    1. You do realize that you (and everyone else here) do that all the time, including right now, all of which makes your statement hilarious?

2. The Bible says no such thing. It occurs all over the place in the NT. For instance, " 26From one ancestor* he made all nations to inhabit the whole earth, and he allotted the times of their existence and the boundaries of the places where they would live, 27so that they would search for God* and perhaps grope for him and find him—though indeed he is not far from each one of us. 28For “In him we live and move and have our being”; as even some of your own poets have said, “For we too are his offspring.”

Or, "For it is written,“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, And the cleverness of the clever I will set aside. Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?"

Or, "6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse! 9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God’s curse!10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ."

3. Any discussion of religion is a philosophical discussion. "the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence, especially when considered as an academic discipline."

4. Jesus Himself was repeatedly involved in discussions of truth. Happened all over the place.

My 70 years of involvement trumps (ha ha trumps) your 40 years.
    Another opinion. I did like your play on words!
    Ultra Member

Jul 6, 2021, 07:55 PM
    the loonies have taken over the asylum (lockdown)
    The Sydney lockdown is to be extended and yet the infection count is low and the infection shows no sign of spreading, this is the medical profession and the politicians gone mad as they have their last fling of power. The federal government announced a plan last week to move from suppression of the virus to living with the virus and yet Gladys keeps us in the dark ages of despair when there are a few clusters. This is madness and she will pay come election time
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 03:37 AM
    this is the medical profession and the politicians gone mad as they have their last fling of power.
    Yes indeed . Our leaders have gone to school on how far they can go to curb freedoms after they declare a crisis .
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2021, 06:10 AM
    What was the famous quote..."Never let a good crisis go to waste?"
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 04:20 PM
    Yes Gladys is singing from that song sheet
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 04:50 PM
    il duce Cuomo declared a state emergency in NY due to gun violence . This comes just a couple weeks after he relinquished emergency powers he seized over covid . He be missin that authoritarian control. He revealed a series of executive orders to counter gun violence . One of them was NOT hiring more cops. Hey Andrew ! a real emergency was the mass casualty event that you created in NY nursing homes !
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 06:15 PM
    How do your mayors get so much power, the best ours can do is order more garbage pickups
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 06:44 PM
    he's a Governor . But yeah the mayors of major cities become celebrities be they Sandinista Bill in NYC or Mayor Beetlejuice in Chicago . Previously down town Willie Brown was mayor of San Francisco . Kam the Sham rode him to the top when she was DA of San Francisco county .
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2021, 07:08 PM
    Yes your state governors are equivalent to our state Premiers although Governor is a different position, the local equivalent, perhaps, of your president at state level. We very rarely get a cross over between the state and federal politics, perhaps because their qualities are already known
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2021, 04:03 PM
    We've lost control
    Thus said deputy Premier and leader of the national party John Barilaro and yet his constituents are not affected, living as they do in regional areas so I'm unsure what control he thinks he has lost. Perhaps it is the control of being able to do business with Sydney, which is in panic mode, as a few suburbs register infections of the delta strain. the State premier has lost it as the lockdown continues and becomes more stringent and yet there are stupid rules like allowing truck drivers to leave Sydney and travel interstate carrying the virus as some have infected two other states.

It is time for common sense, either shut the shops or open up and enforce the mask, testing and distancing rules but the state is in economic chaos for a few hundred infections most of which are isolated. We endured shutdown a year ago and most infections were not in the community because of the panic of the state premier and the chief medical officer and they are doing it again
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 03:41 AM
    stupid rules like allowing truck drivers to leave Sydney and travel interstate
    you really want to shut down commerce ? How about those trucks that deliver food to Sydney ? Do you want them to stop rolling too ?
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2021, 05:44 AM
    Some people want all the trucks stopped except for the ones that deliver to them.
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2021, 07:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    you really want to shut down commerce ? How about those trucks that deliver food to Sydney ? Do you want them to stop rolling too ?
    No But they don't have to travel interstate for stupid reasons like moving household furniture

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jail in lockdown [ 2 Answers ]

Hello my boyfriend is in north county corectional facility in California I have not heard from him in about 4 days I think the jail is on lockdown is normal for him not to call me he calls me like 10 times a day so I'm really worried does anybody have any idea what could possibly be n does lockdown...

Stuck on Lockdown [ 5 Answers ]

Hey , I've been with my boyfriend for over a year now , and just recently he has told me that I'm not allowed to drink anymore and go out to town anymore. His reason is because he's insecure and he worries when I go out I will met someone or get hit on etc. I was quite mad about it and said your...

Stuck. Lockdown. [ 119 Answers ]

Sneezy here. Oh boy, it's been a while since I've asked a question, but perhaps you wiser folks could give me some sort of wisdom. So, I have a girlfriend. Things have been, for a lack of a better word, fantastic. Can't really complain much about the relationship. I'm back here for the...

Sydney's cheeks are swollen and red [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, First let me say that I will be taking Sydney to the doctor today, sadly my family doctor Is out of town so I'll be taking her to a walk in clinic. I don't trust walk in clinics, I've Had bad experiences with them before. I'm just looking for opinions, this came on so...

View more questions Search