Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 11:42 PM
    The death of another "gold plated" investment
    https://www.news.com.au/finance/mark...e3a80ecf9640a3

crypto currencies are falling in value, a serious problem for some investors. the crypto currency bubble has been like many bubblies in the past, the pepper bubble, the tulip bubble, the dotcom bubble, need I say more. China injected a little reality lately by taking down the miners. It actually costs more in electricity than the coin is worth and the activity could only be sustained illegally.

What goes up must come down, thankfully I wasn't on the leading edge of this one
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 03:01 AM
    We need to go back to tulips . I suspect there will be some bargain hunters who will take the opportunity to buy "cheap" .I am not an investor in cryptocurrency . But I am bullish on the technology that makes them possible . They do have staying power because the investors just don’t trust traditional investment options and especially investment institutions. (aka the US government )

Cryptocurrencies are not backed by real assets . You know what else is becoming crypto currency ? The US dollar was once backed by gold . Then it was backed by the "full faith and credit " of the United States . Where is that value at these days ? .And despite clear evidence of inflation ,the Fed continues to keep interest rates low . That would be the same Fed that was run by Yellen ;now Treasury Sec. who wants a global tax system.

Nations around the world are toying with introducing their own version of cryptocurrency. I guess they love the idea of floating instruments that have no tangible value ,that people will invest in anyway. They can keep those virtual printing presses going non-stop .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2021, 07:29 AM
    I thought capitalists and money launderers loved un/low regulated banking systems.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 08:06 AM
    it is the regulated systems that make cryptocurrencies a viable option . AS a capitalist I understand that a currency is reliable if it can be counted on to maintain its relative value over time. As you see with the cryptocurrency volatility ,that is not the case yet .

The regulated US fiat currency ,with it's monopoly money printing presses is quickly moving into that area too . Scarcity is one of the key aspects that add value to currency.The US is flooding the world with cheap dollars . Bitcoins used to be capped . But the popularity of cryptocurrency means more of them are on the market .
    Expert

Jun 23, 2021, 09:14 AM
    My point being that nation states/individuals have already figured out how to loot and abuse monetary laws and policies going back centuries and have evolved well beyond regulatory entities. It's a game they have and it's rigged. We both know that enough money buys legislative advantages ordinary people have no clue about that keeps it "LEGIT" on paper at least.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 05:24 PM
    yes we know politicians get rich just by being there
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2021, 05:05 AM
    Your point was that as a capitalist I should celebrate the cryptocurrency market because it is "unregulated " . The rent-seeking banking institution will eventually force legislation so they can get competitive advantage over the small guy wearing pajamas in momma's basement investor.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2021, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Your point was that as a capitalist I should celebrate the cryptocurrency market because it is "unregulated " . The rent-seeking banking institution will eventually force legislation so they can get competitive advantage over the small guy wearing pajamas in momma's basement investor.
    I have news for you Tom "the small guy wearing pajamas in momma's basement investor" doesn't exist. He might exist in some university dorm but then he would soon be out of there, just like Gates got out of the garage.
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2021, 10:27 AM
    They exist in online sites like Reddit .
    Expert

Jun 24, 2021, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    You mean destroy the competition? That's a rather old capitalist principle too, but thanks for making my point...
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2021, 07:43 PM
    Well this was always to be expected
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/o...fd421b03bc2c7c

A new form of robbery in a new form of robbery, the Robin Hoods proved to be just hoods

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search