Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 05:20 AM
    The Black list is still with us
    Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying were tenured professors at Evergreen State College . That was until they objected to a day in 2017 where white students were asked to leave campus for the day .They did not care for the woke idea of resegregation in the name of social justice . They weren't fired because of their tenure status . Instead they were smeared across campus as racists .They faced threats serious enough to have to leave town to protect their families . They lost friends and finally resigned.

But they refused to be silenced .They have since set up a podcast called 'Dark Horse '
    Bret Weinstein - YouTube
    5 million views because they take on controversial subjects .

They were among the first to suggest that covid came from the Wuhan lab. The censors at YouTube have warned them about content ;and they were given a "strike " for being proponents of ivermectin as a treatment for covid . Whether you agree with them or not ,they bring up important issues and the high tech censors of the world are the equivalent of the book burners of the past
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 11:18 PM
    Lot of controversy there definately not woke
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 03:00 AM
    hint ivermectin is cheap therefore it's use is discouraged .

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infectio... : American Journal of Therapeutics (lww.com)

In nations where the delta variant(aka the India variant ) is rampaging ,ivermectin could be a key treatment , The FDA warns against it because it doesn't cost enough .Oh they say there is not enough evidence .But doctors all over the world recommend it . So I guess doctors are now in that group of people who 'don't follow the science'
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2021, 09:31 AM
    I like the way you spin stuff...part of your charm I guess. 8D I just prefer a deeper dive on the subject...naw I got no charm! *(

Why You Should Not Use Ivermectin to Treat or Prevent COVID-19 | FDA
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The FDA warns against it (ivermectin) because it doesn't cost enough
    Geez, is there any conspiracy you don't like?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 23, 2021, 12:35 PM
    I dealt with the FDA for years . They are a good watchdog organization when their palms aren't getting greased .
    So is any dope dealer, capitalist, politician, businessman, or dictator. Let's see your hands if you don't mind. Just asking.

Mine are EMPTY.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 01:29 PM
    lol I kept a GMP plant. Not only was my plant routinely audited by the FDA ;but also the Aussie TGA which is frankly much tougher .We also were subject to independent audits by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) of which we were certified to manufacture global products under their seal .AND we were routinely inspected by at least 3 kosher agencies and were approved to manufacture kosher products .

It is an intense experience being audited .We had no notification of when an auditor would visit and had to be prepared all times . The added pressure was that each auditor had their own notion of what compliance meant. Add to the fact that most of the FDA inspectors were young guns trying to make a name for themselves before they moved on to a big Pharma job with the big bucks .
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 05:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    hint ivermectin is cheap therefore it's use is discouraged .

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infectio... : American Journal of Therapeutics (lww.com)

In nations where the delta variant(aka the India variant ) is rampaging ,ivermectin could be a key treatment , The FDA warns against it because it doesn't cost enough .Oh they say there is not enough evidence .But doctors all over the world recommend it . So I guess doctors are now in that group of people who 'don't follow the science'
    Doctors and science, medicine is not a science it is one step above voodoo, most doctors rely on pharma publicity but pharma is not about cure, since to cure cuts into profits. Anti viral drugs should be effective against a virus but today unless something is 100% effective it is not used HCQ is also effective but not used, it is cheap and readily available
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 06:31 PM
    ut today unless something is 100% effective it is not used HCQ is also effective but not used, it is cheap and readily available
    thank you I said that months ago .
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2021, 04:58 AM
    the cancel culture wants us to cancel words and phrases that they deem are offensive . The list assembles by the Prevention, Advocacy and Resource Center (PARC) website at Brandeis University will keep Babylon Bee busy for months .
    Oppressive Language List | Holding Ourselves Accountable | Prevention, Advocacy & Resource Center | Brandeis University

Expressions like "rule of thumb," "killing it," and even "picnic" have to go in their dictates.
    Rule of thumb allegedly is an old English expression apparently derived from a rule that said men could only beat their wives with sticks no thicker than their thumbs . Picnic according to their fractured fairytale should be banned because allegedly white people would attend a lynching while eating a picnic. Killing it is obvious only if you completely ignore the modern use of the phrase.

I have argued before that the left tries to control debate by changing the meaning of words to their liking .This is just another example of that .
    But when it become a matter of public law it becomes absurd and dangerous .Portland with all their rioting is more concerned with gender neutral pronouns . It is all about control as Humpty Dumpty said .
    Portland's Attack on Gendered Pronouns Is About Forcing Obedience | Opinion (newsweek.com)
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2021, 05:18 PM
    so I wonder what they would do with drop bears, no worries, up yours mate! flipping the bird and where did you say that lynching was being held?
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 01:41 AM
    the lynching reference was historical and probably a myth . This language cancellation may be an American phenonium . Do you have anything similar infecting your popular culture ? Ironically the word 'lynch ' is not on the list .
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 06:15 AM
    No, but the old stryne is being forgotten, we can no longer shoot through like a Bondi or Glenelg tram or wear our Reg Grundies on the outside and the hoppers are in short supply these days. Interesting comment though on pop culture, two naked men sunbathing were startled by a deer, rescued by Police and fined $1,000 each for breaching the covid lockdown. Something strange is happening
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 04:16 AM
    They needed police rescue from a deer ? When they shed their clothing did they also shed their manhood ? The police commissioner said “It’s difficult to legislate against idiots” . True What kind of deer do they have in Aussie ? The only way a deer would attack someone here is if that person threatened a doe . Deer here flee 1st (at least in the neighborhood I lived in NY .Half my neighbors hunted deer ) .

The commish also said“But clearly putting people at risk by leaving home without a proper reason … and then getting lost in the national park and diverting important resources away from the health operation, I think they should be embarrassed.”

Think about that . Free people needing permission to leave home .
    His point about wasting resources to rescue the morons is valid . The commish's presser was interrupted by a bearded heckler ;who declared himself to be the “prime creator of the Earth.” He said ; “Did you receive my cease and desist notice?”

Are you sure this story was not from the 'Onion ' or 'Babylon Bee ' ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 04:40 AM
    two naked men sunbathing were startled by a deer, rescued by Police and fined $1,000 each for breaching the covid lockdown. Something strange is happening
    That would certainly qualify as "strange". I thought of the Bee as well, but it's evidently a legit story. And they had to call the cops to be rescued from a deer? And they evidently were still naked when the cops arrived? VERY strange.

"Fuller described the pair as 'idiots' ". Hard to argue with that.

https://news.yahoo.com/police-rescue...062413134.html

Think about that . Free people needing permission to leave home .
    oxymoron
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:10 AM
    todays listers are Rappers Bryson Grey and Patriot J have had a song with the opening line “They might ban me for this song” . They were right .

Their song criticizing BLM was banned by Spotify .

They might ban me for this song, but this is how I’m rocking
    Can’t be trans ’cause it ain’t real, they need a mental asylum

Bryson Gray - Safe Space (Lyrics) ft Patriot J - YouTube

Patriot J said that if tech platforms really wanted to ban “hatred,” most mainstream rap songs would have to be banned as well.“The ban just shines a spotlight on how far Big Tech is willing to take their censorship of dissenting views,” “Spotify and SoundCloud don’t actually care about allegedly ‘hateful’ or ‘violent’ songs being on their platform, because if that were the case, they’d have taken down almost all of the popular rap songs on their platforms.”

“We were silenced for being brave enough to go against the radical left agenda, and now we’re paying the price. Just another day in Joe Biden’s America!”
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    oxymoron
    Look who's citing oxymoron - too funny!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:47 AM
    “We were silenced for being brave enough to go against the radical left agenda, and now we’re paying the price. Just another day in Joe Biden’s America!”
    What's really surprising is that there are still at least some in the music business with the courage to do this. I find that to be a good sign. And it certainly is, "Just another day in Joe Biden's America."
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    What's really surprising is that there are still at least some in the music business with the courage to do this. I find that to be a good sign.
    Do you still find roasted babies a good sign?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Black List [ 332 Answers ]

I forgot which OP I was posting the casualties of the cancel culture . So starting a new one . Today's victim is Gina Carano who is (or was ) in the Disney Channel's 'The Mandalorian ' . She was a rising start and rumors was that Disney was going to do a spin off series of her Star Wars...

Black list [ 0 Answers ]

I am terminated by my company they not pay my due and visa now I am working in Doha. Now they asking me cancel visa without paying due. They are telling they will black list if I will not cancel my visa. Please help me can they do this or they forcing me cancel me without pay my dues.

Black list [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir : How I check I am in black list or not this is my case : المعاملات :ML1081 15502:التوقيف

You A E black list [ 1 Answers ]

Respected sir, I was a employ of adnoc distribution in U A E. Unfortunately I was terminated from the job in 4/12/2010.then I go to office for cancellation I went their for more than 30 times ,they told me came after some days,I do the same thing for 6 months and the answer...

View more questions Search