Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2021, 09:42 AM
    Chi-town weekend
    For the weekend
    5 Killed, 54 Wounded In Weekend Shootings Across Chicago – CBS Chicago (cbslocal.com)

In one case a couple driving with a Puerto Rican flag were pulled from their car and executed by an African American male .

Video Captures Shooting That Left Young Father Gyovanni Arzuaga Dead, Woman Injured During Puerto Rican Pride Celebration In Humboldt Park – CBS Chicago (cbslocal.com)

The headlines last week read that white supremist domestic terrorism is the greatest threat facing the country .

Merrick Garland domestic terrorism: Biden administration pushes plan to combat US terror - ABC7 Chicago

ummm no . The people of Chicago know better .

maybe instead of sending in defunded cops to investigate ,they can send in social workers .

Good thing that Chi-town has strict gun control laws .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2021, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    The headlines last week read that white supremist domestic terrorism is the greatest threat facing the country .

Merrick Garland domestic terrorism: Biden administration pushes plan to combat US terror - ABC7 Chicago
    Chicago crime (or any other area crime) is not the same as white supremacist domestic terrorism. Bad as crime is, it does not threaten a takeover of the nation.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2021, 03:29 PM
    neither does the few white extremist .

Gone are the days of KKK holding rallies in Madison Square Garden .

You and the Dems are living in the past ;and in fact the new woke doctrine would bring us back to the days or segregated blacks only institutions as students at many US campuses have proposed .

Racial Segregation On American Campuses: A Widespread Phenomenon (forbes.com)

Ask the people of Chicago what the bigger concern is as mayor Beetlejuice blames racism for the violence.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2021, 03:46 PM
    Portland crime is up over 500% . None of that has anything to do with the insurrectionist Antifa terrorists ..... right ?
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2021, 04:34 PM
    neither does the few white extremist .
    Were you asleep for the last six months?

Did you miss the Jan 6 Trump insurrection where his followers invaded the Capitol and tried to take over the government by reversing the valid 2020 election? Some were killed, and over 500 have been arrested. It was the biggest story on the planet covered by every media in the world. But you missed it. You must be a very deep sleeper, Rip.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2021, 05:05 PM
    and over 500 have been arrested.
    mostly for trespassing . Many have been kept in solitary confinement without formal charges ..... like a pseudo fascist government would do . You really think that all the people (mostly peacefully ) protesting the election results were white supremist ? ? You really think that 74 million who voted for Trump are white supremist terrorists .

Crime is up in all those Democrat run cities by substantial numbers . NYC arrested hundreds of violent rioters ,looters ,arsonists ,muggers this summer during the BLM protests . Over 60 % of them had charges dropped . NYC murder rate is up 44 % in the last year . I'm sure the average person living in NYC is more concerned about crime in the street than crazy Democrat insurrection rhetoric.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2021, 05:31 AM
    Did you miss the Jan 6 Trump insurrection where his followers invaded the Capitol and tried to take over the government by reversing the valid 2020 election? Some were killed, and over 500 have been arrested. It was the biggest story on the planet covered by every media in the world. But you missed it. You must be a very deep sleeper, Rip.
    That would be a good point except for the rather critical fact that it was not a white supremacist event. Alas.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 04:39 PM
    Kavanaugh protesters arrested
    Kavanaugh Protesters Beat on SCOTUS Doors
    Here's the Portland Courthouse After Night 61
    Portland police release montage video of protest footage and images
    Black Lives Matter protesters, cops clash again in DC overnight
    ‘Burn it down!’ Antifa, BLM protesters clash with police, threaten to torch DC
    BLM protesters storm Oklahoma Capitol

What's the difference between an insurrection and a protest?

The language used to describe it...because definitions don't matter to the liberal media.

Funny thing is, most of these stories were ignored, then the behavior by the "protestors" was applauded and downplayed by the liberal media when exposed, congratulated by the liberals in congress and across the country. There are a hundred more stories like these, and only one is an insurrection...the rest are "protests."
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2021, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    only one is an insurrection...the rest are "protests."
    The definition of an insurrection is a rise against government authority or a revolt.

A protest (also called a demonstration, remonstration or remonstrance) is a public expression of objection, disapproval or dissent towards an idea or action, typically a political one.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The definition of an insurrection is a rise against government authority or a revolt.

A protest (also called a demonstration, remonstration or remonstrance) is a public expression of objection, disapproval or dissent towards an idea or action, typically a political one.

when dissent becomes violent it is no longer a demonstration, it is an insurrection, when this insurrection becomes widespread it is a revolt. Washington was an insurrection, Portland is an insurrection
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 05:07 PM
    Seems good enough to me wondergirl. The question remains, why all these protests are not insurrections. Every story mentioned is a revolt, yet, the headlines still read protest. We can clearly see how the 2 definition have a bit of gray area, overlap if you will. The actions taken by said "protestors" is not simply dissent, they definitely lean towards revolt. You certainly cannot attack the public institutions at large and call it a protest.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2021, 05:33 PM
    Just the media being polite and PC while politicians don't want to be seen to escalate
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 22, 2021, 06:54 PM
    Nobody calls looting, assaults, and arson protests. That's clear criminal stuff and jail is the place for such actions.

You fringers refuse to recognize the difference between criminals and protestors. Why I wonder? Of course you guys have been know to make protestors look bad because you don't like what they protest. You'd protest somebody putting a knee on your neck for 10 minutes wouldn't you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 02:21 AM
    I could say the same about the main stream. A failure to recognize what is. Look at the stories I linked before. Its not that the protestors are bad, its the failure to call a riot a riot, and to condemn what is wrong.

Uber Member

Jun 23, 2021, 05:10 AM
    Yep. Those "mostly peaceful" protests are pretty dramatic with buildings burning in the background.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 05:35 AM
    10s of thousands went to DC to protest Jan 6 . A handful of them trespassed broke into the Capitol .Even fewer than that got violent . They should be charged appropriately . No way was that an insurrection .
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2021, 05:45 AM
    No way was that an insurrection .
    I'd agree with that. Suggestions to the contrary are primarily for political consumption.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 06:34 AM
    news update :

Ex cop and anti defund the police candidate Eric Adams has taken a commanding lead in the NYC Democrat primary . He will almost surely be the Dem candidate and as such almost assured to be the next Mayor of NY .

The Repub winner is the founder of the Guardian Angels Curtis Sliwa . You know where he stands on crime issues .

Clearly the people of NYC does not want to defund the police ;and want the police to do their jobs and protect the people from the marauders who have taken over the city streets and subways since Sandinista Bill became Mayor .

pps ranked choice voting is a joke .
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 06:50 AM
    10s of thousands went to DC to protest Jan 6 . A handful of them trespassed broke into the Capitol
    Estimates are that "thousands" marched to the capitol. To date over 500 have been arrested. The FBI is looking for more that have not been apprehended yet. Anybody that has seen any of the many videos would choke on the claim that "a handful of them broke into the Capitol". Why are you being so untruthful, especially in light of all the evidence both visual and eye-witness testimony?

Even fewer than that got violent
    500 so far is "fewer that got violent"? How can you write this stuff so blatantly?

No way was that an insurrection .
    What would you call it when 500+ men (more like 1,000+ men), variously armed, attacked the United States Capitol while Congress was in session with the stated claim of overturning the election of the US President thereby overthrowing the elected government of the United State of America? What do you call it when these men screamed, "Hang Mile Pence! Hang Mike Pence!", the Vice-President of the US?

Nothing like it has been seen in the US since the Civil War. Yet, "no way" was that an insurrection, you say.
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2021, 07:30 AM
    500 so far is "fewer that got violent"? How can you write this stuff so blatantly?
    most arrested will have trespassing charges at best .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Town of creepy people who all seem to have a secret. Stranger comes into town. [ 2 Answers ]

What was that movie called where the man goes into a town and it's filled with evil people who all seem to have a secret and who are not going to let him leave alive. I can't remember if they're cannibals and plan on eating him. It might have been a TV movie. I think it was from the late 70s or...

Bear town?smal plastic bear town from80's or 90's?had gray and brown bears and trees [ 0 Answers ]

Was a small bear town they were gray and brown and you had trees and I cannot remember what it was called or anything else about it. But was wondering what it was called.

Mother left child in care of parents and father is out of town of town working [ 2 Answers ]

Mother has custody of the child and father has joint custody of the child .Mother has left child with her parents for four days now. Her father(grandparent ) just contacted the father to let him know that she has not returned home and is recorded to have a drug problem in the past which was...

If I go school in a different town and that town secedes can I go to school there? [ 2 Answers ]

I currently live in a town, but attend school in another town, and the town that I go to school in secedes from the county, can I still go to school there? It's a public school. I live in Cook county, and 5 towns are trying to secede from it. My school is in that list, however, where I live is...

View more questions Search