Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 1, 2021, 10:29 PM
    so back to China. 100 years of the CCP, they have achieved much. The only really successful communist society. It is a shame they taint it with jingoism. It must be remembered that China before the communist takeover was a very corrupt society with an ongoing civil war. Many years on the issues are different. It is difficult for us to understand that capitalism cannot lift a peasant society out of poverty easily. Communism didn't succeed in Russia, dictatorship took over, and China is in the dictatorship phase
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 03:35 AM
    capitalism cannot lift a peasant society out of poverty easily.
    Capitalism alone can't do it . There also needs to be liberty . The Chinese prosper by exporting the goods that slave labor produces . All the Green New Deal proponents should know that their vision cannot hope to succeed without the goods that the Uyghur slaves make . 40 % of the world's polysilicon is produced in Xinjiang region where the Chinese government is perpetrating a genocide and crimes against humanity against Uyghur and other ethnic minorities.
    Chinese Solar Companies Tied to Use of Forced Labor - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

82 major corporations benefit from this . All free nations are complicit .

Uyghurs for sale | Australian Strategic Policy Institute | ASPI

Surviving the Crackdown in Xinjiang | The New Yorker

Opinion | Ban on Chinese solar panels signals we can’t fight climate change using forced labor - The Washington Post

As far as communism ;the Chinese abandoned that a long time ago . They are ruled by a diminishing cult that made a Faustian bargain that said they would provide a degree of prosperity in exchange for total obedience. This diminishing cult is down to a rule of one .....Xi . He is old and there are no plans for succession .One party rule without a mandate from the people is too long. China is overdue for a revolution against the tyranny of the CCP .

The Chinese Communist Party at 100 | City Journal (city-journal.org)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 04:31 AM
    Capitalism alone can't do it . There also needs to be liberty.
    Exactly. Free enterprise.

It will be interesting to see what happens once Xi departs. He's 68 and seems to be in good health, so it might be some time yet.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 05:57 AM
    China is overdue for a revolution against the tyranny of the CCP .
    Good luck with that, there are 95 million party members
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 05:59 AM
    Only 10% of the country, and many of them are likely lukewarm at best.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:03 AM
    It is like the Nazi Party in Germany . Many were not true believers . It was like joining a labor union.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    It is like the Nazi Party in Germany . Many were not true believers . It was like joining a labor union.
    Yes but just like Nazi Germany they are a pool of informers, reeducation camps are real, ask the Uyghurs
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Only 10% of the country, and many of them are likely lukewarm at best.
    Now he's an expert on China. Being an expert on hell wasn't enough for him. He can find more babies to torture.

Joining the Nazis was like joining a labor union? Did you really say that, tomder?
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 09:48 AM
    indeed I did . Hitler banned unions in 1933 because he wanted the loyalty of the labor movement . He replaced that with the DAF German Labor Front .Nazi members advanced further than non-members in the workplace . For many , the decision to join the Nazi Party was a pro-active calculation of the benefits they would derive from the Nazi program.

The Berlin Document Center holds registration cards for about 11 million Germans who joined the party (some are duplicates because people who dropped out and rejoined were issued new cards )
    They did NOT join because of their antisemitism They joined for economic considerations . Many joined before 1933 and well before the purge of Jews became the Nazi cause . A disproportionate number of people who joined the party worked in industries, such as construction or food production, that benefited from policies intended to protect the domestic market.
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2021, 09:58 AM
    They joined for economic and social reasons, but I imagine they stayed in out of fear of reprisals.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 10:02 AM
    For many , the decision to join the Nazi Party was a pro-active calculation of the benefits they would derive from the Nazi program.

They did NOT join because of their antisemitismns . Many joined before 1933 and well before the purge of Jews became the Nazi cause .
    The Nazi Party was antisemitic from its founding by Anton Drexler. I'm sure Germans also had other reasons for joining the Party but let's not whitewash what was always a despicable organization. The Parry was composed of far more than a lukewarm 10%.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 11:48 AM
    In no way do I whitewash the party . What I am saying is that most members joined because having a job depended on it. DAF membership was "voluntary, " But any workers in any area of German commerce or industry would have found it hard to get a job without being a member. No not 10 % . Affiliates like the DAF had 25 million .In total about 45 million Germans were officially enrolled in Nazi programs .
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 11:52 AM
    In no way do I whitewash the party . What I am saying is that most members joined because having a job depended on it. DAF membership was "voluntary, " But any workers in any area of German commerce or industry would have found it hard to get a job without being a member. No not 10 % . Affiliates like the DAF had 25 million .In total about 45 million Germans were officially enrolled in Nazi programs .
    Ok. Understood.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 2, 2021, 02:39 PM
    Sounds like the current GOP under the disgraced dufus.
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2021, 08:19 PM
    Ok I apologise for using the word nazi thereby allowing you to sidetrack the thread once again. As the british used to say of the DAF you would have to be daft to own one
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 01:27 AM
    The comparison is valid . The CCP in reality is a secret society; an elite Xi cult .Membership numbers are deceptive . Leadership is less than a dozen and the ranks of potential successors is shrinking as Xi purges the party . When I was a kid I knew many people who would join a political party for the potential patronage job opportunities . As an example ;New York City was controlled by the Democrat Tammany Hall for many years (I would argue they still do) .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2021, 04:07 AM
    Sometimes it is hard to tell the capitalist from the communists.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 09:14 AM
    The comparison is valid . ........................................ ;New York City was controlled by the Democrat Tammany Hall for many years (I would argue they still do) .
    Those damn Democrats - sending their tanks down Fifth Avenue killing thousands.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 05:55 PM
    Yes this must stop, no more presidential motorcades

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Friend is having a stupid celebrity crush and insults girls at our school [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my friend has a big crush on britney spears and he always sais dumb stuff like he had sex with her and he and her are married and she winked at him in disneyland. And britney spears I've heard is a slut and has a boyfriend. But he still acts like him and her are married. Well I need help to...

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

Insults suck. [ 3 Answers ]

If your best friend kept insulting the guy you like every time you talk to him, walk pass him, look at him or when you talk about him. What can you do? I know she's my best friend but I don't think she should keep insulting him? HOW?

View more questions Search