Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2021, 06:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Obama doubled the national debt. Sorry if I don’t brag on him about that. He was mediocre.
    How did he double the national debt? (Psst -- Obama fought Bush II's Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts.)
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2021, 08:10 PM
    When the national debt goes from 10 tril to 20 tril, that's what we call a doubling of the national debt. I know you practically worship the man, but good grief, that's a well known truth that even liberal dems have to acknowledge.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 28, 2021, 08:26 PM
    When the national debt goes from 10 tril to 20 tril, that's what we call a doubling of the national debt.
    Thank God he cleaned up W's mess and helped a lot of people!

No, I don't worship the man, but he is very smart and quite good looking. He can hop and skip down ramps too.
    Uber Member

Jun 28, 2021, 08:58 PM
    Thank God he cleaned up W's mess and helped a lot of people!
    He doubled the national debt, produced a tepid economy, and became the only eight year pres who never had a year with 3% gdp growth.

Yeah. Real smart.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 28, 2021, 09:35 PM
    How GDP Growth Under Trump Compares To Clinton, Obama And Other Presidents (msn.com)

Here’s a look at average GDP growth rates under the last six U.S. presidents: Jimmy Carter (D): 3.25% Ronald Reagan (R): 3.48% George H.W. Bush (R): 2.25% Bill Clinton (D): 3.88% George W. Bush (R): 2.2% Barack Obama (D): 1.62% Donald Trump (R): 0.95% In his first four years in office, Trump has had by far the lowest average U.S. GDP growth rate of any of the last seven U.S. presidents.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2021, 10:16 PM
    Tal you are lying with statistics again
    During his first three years in office, President Trump oversaw an annual average growth of 2.5%
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2021, 04:40 AM
    Amazing to want to use Carter as a comparison. He did have good GDP growth, but it was accompanied by very high inflation (averaged above 8%) and high unemployment. (never below 6%). His economic problems were why Reagan beat him so handily. By comparison, Trump had unemployment down to 3.5%, the lowest figure in fifty years, substantial growth in manufacturing jobs (far greater than Obama), and an inflation average of a little over 2%.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 04:52 AM
    Trump had unemployment down to 3.5%, the lowest figure in fifty years, substantial growth in manufacturing jobs (far greater than Obama), and an inflation average of a little over 2%.
    Trump had nothing to do with it - he was riding on Obama's coattails.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2021, 05:20 AM
    A completely foolish reply driven by nothing more than political jealousy. No one gets those results without good leadership. It is like saying that Eisenhower had nothing to do with the successful invasion at Normandy, or that Washington had nothing to do with the victory at Trenton. Obama had eight years. Reagan started from a deeper hole than Obama and accomplished much more.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2021, 05:30 AM
    What I find "interesting" about these exchanges is this. Someone asks, "How did he double the national debt?" When the question is answered, instead of getting a response to that answer, all we get is, "Thank God he cleaned up W's mess and helped a lot of people!" It's like the person says, "Oh? Well, let's just move on then. No point in dealing with such unpleasantness."
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 07:24 AM
    A completely foolish reply driven by nothing more than political jealousy.
    The foolishness is all in your constant claim that Trump was an economic genius. The bozo couldn't even make a success out of all the businesses he started - all failed or went bankrupt. Even his touted "empire" has but a handful of employees. His money comes from the real estate rental income his father left him. And whatever he can grift from his stay in the WH. He even refused to let the GOP use his name for fund-raising purposes unless he got a piece of the pie.

No one gets those results without good leadership.
    Trump a good leader? Huh? The clown didn't know his arse from his elbow about governance or economics. Or pretty much anything else, for that matter. The latest truth-tellers about what a madman Trump was are Barr and Chris Christie. A little late, but better late then never.

It is like saying that Eisenhower had nothing to do with the successful invasion at Normandy, or that Washington had nothing to do with the victory at Trenton.
    Calm down - you're acting like Trump. Washington at Trenton?? Good lord!

Obama had eight years. Reagan started from a deeper hole than Obama and accomplished much more.
    No one in US history started from a lower point than Obama after the Bush administration set the country almost as far back as the Great Depression. Reagan learned a hard lesson when his failed Laffer philosophy caused him to raise taxes.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 03:39 PM
    It's all academic now, all of these bozos are gone, and now sleepy Joe is in charge with the potential to add quidzillions to the national debt
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2021, 02:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    It's all academic now, all of these bozos are gone, and now sleepy Joe is in charge with the potential to add quidzillions to the national debt
    ...and save quadzillions of citizens from despair and ruin....
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2021, 06:40 AM
    Yeh, it's only money
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2021, 07:01 AM
    ...and save quadzillions of citizens from despair and ruin....
    So running the country bankrupt is now the liberal dem plan on how to, "save quadzillions of citizens from...ruin?" Hmm.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2021, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Yeh, it's only money
    Money is not as important as a human life.

So running the country bankrupt is now the liberal dem plan on how to, "save quadzillions of citizens from...ruin?" Hmm.
    The liberal dem plan is to save families from ruin. The Repub plan is to let them starve to death to save money.

As usual, you make up stuff - the country is not bankrupt.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2021, 07:25 AM
    the country is not bankrupt.
    Yet.

The liberal dem plan of how to "save families from ruin" is to accumulate a national debt equivalent to about 90,000 dollars for every man, woman, and child in America, and then accelerate the accumulation of even more debt. And while they're at it, they can print money by the hundreds of billions of dollars thus ensuring a rise in inflation.

Yeah, boy. That's a great plan for saving families from ruin.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2021, 07:39 AM
    The liberal dem plan of how to "save families from ruin" is to accumulate a national debt equivalent to about 90,000 dollars for every man, woman, and child in America, and then accelerate the accumulation of even more debt. And while they're at it, they can print money by the hundreds of billions of dollars thus ensuring a rise in inflation.
    Your attempt at predicting the economy is a joke. You're not qualified.

Yeah, boy. That's a great plan for saving families from ruin.
    Far better than your plan, which is to let them starve.
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2021, 07:45 AM
    Your attempt at predicting the economy is a joke. You're not qualified.
    Not being qualified certainly has not stopped you.

Far better than your plan, which is to let them starve.
    Typical liberal dem. You're all for passing out funds from borrowed/printed money. Your approach is basically this. "I love poor people so much that I'm willing to let the feds borrow and print money to help them." That way it doesn't cost you anything. If you really care about starving people, then get off your rear end and get out there and help them. Try spending some of your own money. Get your hands a little dirty helping others. Otherwise your protests are hollow and meaningless.
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2021, 08:04 AM
    Typical liberal dem. You're all for passing out funds from borrowed/printed money. Your approach is basically this. "I love poor people so much that I'm willing to let the feds borrow and print money to help them." That way it doesn't cost you anything. If you really care about starving people, then get off your rear end and get out there and help them. Try spending some of your own money. Get your hands a little dirty helping others. Otherwise your protests are hollow and meaningless.
    Worshiping the almighty dollar is your idol. God forbid you should help your neighbor. In light of the pandemic tragedy, all you can offer is smart-a*s remarks about taxes and inflation.

You sound exactly like those Republicans and white supremacists who deny any attack ever occurred on the Capitol. A day of tourists and cameras as one idiot put it. All of you are about DENY - DENY - DENY, aka gaslighting.

I've got to go take a shower now after listening to your disgusting comparisons between people suffering and your love of money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Friend is having a stupid celebrity crush and insults girls at our school [ 6 Answers ]

Hey my friend has a big crush on britney spears and he always sais dumb stuff like he had sex with her and he and her are married and she winked at him in disneyland. And britney spears I've heard is a slut and has a boyfriend. But he still acts like him and her are married. Well I need help to...

Lenox china valueII My Aunt left me 2 sets of china. On is Lenox/Harvest [ 0 Answers ]

I have 12 5 piece place settings of Lenox/Harvest china in perfect condition; How much is it worth?

Insults suck. [ 3 Answers ]

If your best friend kept insulting the guy you like every time you talk to him, walk pass him, look at him or when you talk about him. What can you do? I know she's my best friend but I don't think she should keep insulting him? HOW?

View more questions Search