Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    appleany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2021, 12:15 PM
    genie pro 88 garage door opener open but unable to close down (paralyzed after)
    I found the answer in this forum, indicating the re-ground the wires. It is a temporary fix for me only.

In my situation I finally figured out that, the fault stems from the short of the stop switch wires, at where them inserted into the mainboard. The wires became faxed and abut to each other. I use glue gun to put a chunk of glue in-between making sure a good insulation persists. It went well afterward. It is not really due to where the grounding screw is. to loosen and re-fasten basically only does "re-grounding", not fixing the primary problem.

I cannot answer to the original post,therefore I post a new one to share my experiences.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2021, 01:25 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Genie pro garage door opener opens but doesn't close [ 1 Answers ]

Genie pro screw drive opens but doesn't close. I took off the cover and everything looked okay but I screwed out (and in tightly) all the green ground screws I could find. None looked loose or corroded. Lo and behold it worked!! Thank you all.

Garage door opener going close get flashing lights for 10 seconds door does not close [ 2 Answers ]

When I try to close my garage door by using either the remote or the wall button the door will not close, I get a flashing of the 2 lights at the garage opener for 10 seconds. The only way I can get the door to close is to hole the wall button until the door closes. I need help on this one. Can...

Garage door opener won't open w/ remote, but it does close it, why ? Thanks [ 2 Answers ]

I do have a Craftsman 41A4315-7D. The garage door opener does not open with the remote, but it does close it with the remote. I do not understand why. It is the same button to open or close. The gate does work properly when I operate it from the wall : it opens and close normally, but I could...

Genie pro 88 garage opener won't open completely and won't close [ 1 Answers ]

I have screw type genie pro88 model.It does not have sensors mounted at each side of the door.The door only open half then the door stopped (I have to hold the opener's bottom all the time).If I press the bottom again, the door go down couple inches then go forward couple inches. If I press it...

View more questions Search