Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 04:30 PM
    And again. Where does it say her house is being repaired? Or was that a lie?
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 04:36 PM
    And that is the main point. Aoc has done nothing that we know of to help her own gm. Pretty scummy. Like I’ve said; hope that Tesla drives well.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    And that is the main point.
    You have gone off on a toot which is extreme even for you.

AOC's obvious point was the Trump WH denying aid to Puerto Rico. Her grandmother, as stated by AOC and two members here, was taken care of. But you leapt on this point like a fly on s**t.

The GoFundMe business was intended to make trouble for AOC by purposely and maliciously focusing on the grandmother, EXACTLY LIKE YOU HAVE DONE. Her refusal to accept it clearly showed that she knew the game.

Jl, a blind man could see what you're doing. If you truly do not see what WG and others have tried to make you see, then you badly need to open up and smell the coffee.

Your anger even made you use bad language which was totally uncalled for. You're coming close to blowing a mental gasket.

Your out-of-control rage against AOC reinforces my belief that you do not like brown or black people.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 05:30 PM
    Blah blah blah. Aoc will not even help her own gm. And that’s your hero. Wow.

TDS knows no bounds.

Did not use bad language. Out of control rage? Wayyyyy too much drama.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 08:06 PM
    And that is the main point. Aoc has done nothing that we know of to help her own gm. Pretty scummy. Like I’ve said; hope that Tesla drives well.
    you say "nothing you know of" as if you are all knowing, she may have done something, just not what you think she should have done. Ok she is fair game, she is a politician and held to a higher standard but I think this is because she dared to stick her head up
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    you say "nothing you know of" as if you are all knowing, she may have done something, just not what you think she should have done. Ok she is fair game, she is a politician and held to a higher standard but I think this is because she dared to stick her head up
    Or because she is an outspoken liberal female of color which the right wing fringers hate.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 09:41 PM
    Yes the great divide. But why, why don't you put the country first?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 04:49 AM
    you say "nothing you know of" as if you are all knowing, she may have done something, just not what you think she should have done.
    If you know of something, then post it. That's why I said, "nothing that WE know of". I do know they refused 100K worth of help because the source was a conservative journalist. She's driving her new Tesla (70K car) around while her gm is, according to her, living in poverty. Doing nothing to help your own gm while running your mouth about Trump is pretty bad.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 05:39 AM
    Puerto Rico suffers because the US still treats it as a colony . As an example ,if a ship with a foreign flag is loaded with supplies for the island it must first dock at Jacksonville Fl. ;have the cargo removed and reloaded onto another ship with a US flag before the freight can end up at it's destination (Jones Act ) . That means that the people pay 15-20% more for goods and things like emergency supply get needlessly delayed .

Puerto Ricans are treated as second class citizens. They have only one Representative in the U.S. Congress who cannot cast a vote on the House floor. This is your classic taxation without representation.

Periodically the island has referendum votes about their status . Typically they are given 3 options ;independence ,becoming a state ,or status quo. I suggest that last option be eliminated . The island should either be an independent nation or a state. The last plebiscite had 97% of the people voting for statehood. BUT opposition parties boycotted the vote. My question is why would AOC support a choice where status quo is acceptable ? Remove that option .

AOC has introduced legislation where status quo is still an option . If she is satisfied with the people of the island having 2nd class status she should say so . Then she should shut up about how the people of the island are treated . They are exploited regardless of the party in power.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    f a ship with a foreign flag is loaded with supplies for the island it must first dock at Jacksonville Fl. ;have the cargo removed a................................(etc.)........... ........nd reloaded onto another ship with a US flag before the freight can end up at it's destination (........................................(etc).... ..........e on the House floor. This is your classic taxation without representation. AOC has introduced legislation where status quo is still an option . If she is satisfied with the people of the island having ..........................etc..................... .........ould shut up about how the people of the island are treated . They are exploited regardless of the party in power.
    You're deflecting. The issue here is how the Trump WH denied help to Puerto Rico after the hurricane.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 08:31 AM
    No it's not. This thread is about AOC's blatant disregard for her, according to her, destitute gm and her refusal to allow others to help. The deflector here is you.

A simple agreement would be helpful. "Yes, a person who refuses to help her gm and refuses to accept help from others is pretty sorry." It would certainly allow us to move on.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 08:47 AM
    No it's not. This thread is about AOC's blatant disregard for her, according to her, destitute gm and her refusal to allow others to help. The deflector here is you.

A simple agreement would be helpful. "
    Again, you have totally missed AOC's point. This has nothing to do with her family's handling of abuela's care (mucho) and has everything to do with Trump's handling of Puerto Rico's citizens' care (nada). "You can't see the forest (Trump's refusal) for the trees" (abuela details) -- an idiom in the English language that fits perfectly here because you are so focused on the details that you cannot (you refuse to?) see or understand the whole issue.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 08:51 AM
    It has everything to do with her neglect of her gm. That's what this thread is about. Pretty sure I'm right since I'm the one who started it. Your attempt to deflect is simply not going to work.

A simple agreement would be helpful. "Yes, a person who refuses to help her gm and refuses to accept help from others is pretty sorry." It would certainly allow us to move on.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 08:54 AM
    It has everything to do with her neglect of her gm. That's what this thread is about.
    That has never been an issue -- has become one only because of hatred.
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 08:59 AM
    It's an issue now. If you are saying she hates her gm, then you might be on to something. What else would you call it when a person refuses, for four years, to help her suffering gm, and refuses to allow others to help?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 09:16 AM
    It's an issue now. If you are saying she hates her gm, then you might be on to something. What else would you call it when a person refuses, for four years, to help her suffering gm, and refuses to allow others to help?
    I call it right wing BS based on lies falsehoods and ignorance.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 09:16 AM
    ...when a person refuses, for four years, to help her suffering gm, and refuses to allow others to help?
    You know this how?

Another tweet to Walsh from AOC on June 2, 2021:
    "My abuela is okay. But instead of only caring for mine & letting others suffer, I’m calling attention to the systemic injustices you seem totally fine w/ in having a US colony."
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 10:32 AM
    I know that how? The link in post 1.

If she is truly "caring for mine", then how is it that four years later, the gm's house is still not repaired? And since the house is still not repaired, why would she turn down 100 grand she could use to repair her gm's house and possibly someone else's as well? And bear in mind that they raised the 100K in only ten hours. What if AOC had gotten behind the fundraising and even plopped in 10K herself? How much do you think they could have raised? It would have been a truly bipartisan effort that could have been an example for others to follow.

It certainly seems that you'll believe anything from a lib dem.

Might add that not even AOC placed the blame squarely on Trump. "Ocasio-Cortez said the holdup in relief funds was "systemic," and said the Trump administration had a "major role, but it wasn’t just them." "Much of it can be traced to La Junta, aka the Wall Street-connected fiscal control board that the US gave power to over the island," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...blocked-relief

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 10:54 AM
    why would she turn down 100 grand she could use to repair her gm's house and possibly someone else's as well?
    Her point was NOT the repair of her abuela's house or all the neighbors' homes or the ... nm, you just don't get it. And you were an educator?
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 11:01 AM
    She is welcome to any point she wants. The fact remains that her gm's house has been in disrepair for four years and AOC seemingly couldn't care less. Perhaps the political ammo it provides is just too good?

I do wish you would respond to these. Still afraid to respond?

1.If she is truly "caring for mine", then how is it that four years later, the gm's house is still not repaired?

2. What if AOC had gotten behind the fundraising and even plopped in 10K herself? How much do you think they could have raised?

3. A simple agreement would be helpful. "Yes, a person who refuses to help her gm and refuses to accept help from others is pretty sorry." It would certainly allow us to move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find episode 6 season 4 of The Secret Life of The American Teenager? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I love to watch The secret Life of the American Teenager but I missed all of season 4 that has already aired.:( So I have been catching up with them on YouTube and I have already gotten to episode 6 but I can't find episode 6. Please help me to find it.

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest... [ 2 Answers ]

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest version but I got an email the new Imac has been released. The Apple store is being very nice about - trade it in for the new version or get $300 refund. Any thoughts on what we should do?

Where can I watch the latest episode of the TV SHOW BIG LOVE? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a place on the internet to watch the latest episode of the TV show BIG LOVE? I have never watched anything on a computer and would like to know if it is safe? And how do I know which place to go to where I can watch an episode? I have a Mac OS X? Thanks!:confused:

Who sings song in homicide life on the streets thrill of the kill episode [ 0 Answers ]

In the episode "thrill of the kill" from season 4 of Homicide: life on the streets season 4, who sings the songs?

View more questions Search