Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 11:12 AM
    Latest Episode in the Life of AOC
    AOC posted recently that her grandmother was living in poverty because, she claimed, Trump had blocked hurricane relief. She included some pics of her "abuela's" house which, she said, was in terrible condition. That raised the question of why AOC, who just recently purchased a Tesla for 70K, could not get off her sorry backside and help her own grandmother, thus relieving the American taxpayers of the burden of doing so. In that regard she would certainly seem to be the stereotypical liberal dem, but others, happily, did respond. A GoFundMe account was started with the intention of raising money to help, and they raised 100 grand in about half a day, but both AOC and the grandmother REFUSED THE HELP!! Evidently the supposed political profit from having a destitute grandmother is more important than the grandmother.

SUPPORT: https://www.newsmax.com/politics/aoc...05/id/1024032/
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Evidently the supposed political profit from having a destitute grandmother is more important than the grandmother.
    You and Matt Walsh missed AOC's point entirely! Your cherrypicking and insistence on the literal always trips you up.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 12:38 PM
    Nah. You just fall for anything a lib dem says. I have no respect at all for anyone so sorry they won’t help their own grandmother. How sorry can you get? And then too dumb to accept help from a third party? Yeah. The literal is pretty bad there. If Trump had done it, your head would be exploding. Situational ethics at play.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 01:17 PM
    Nah. You just fall for anything a lib dem says. I have no respect at all for anyone so sorry they won’t help their own grandmother.
    And you know she hasn't? And how do you know?
    And then too dumb to accept help from a third party?
    And that third party's motives were what?

NEVER would I start a GoFundMe campaign without first talking with the potential recipient(s) as to their needs.

And yep, you totally missed it (cherrypicking again?). AOC said (her point in mentioning her abuela): "Hurricane Marķa relief hasn’t arrived. Trump blocked relief $ for PR. People are being forced to flee ancestral homes, & developers are taking them," she said. "We immediately got to work reaching out to community advocates and leaders and following the money. What’s happening to Puerto Ricans is systemic. Much of it can be traced to La Junta, aka the Wall Street-connected fiscal control board that the US gave power to over the island."
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 01:51 PM
    Because according to AOC, her grandmother is still living in poverty, so either she is a sorry person who would not help her own grandmother, or she is a liar. Take your pick.

I don't know the third party's motives, but I do know they collected 100K for her. How much did you collect?

NEVER would I start a GoFundMe campaign without first talking with the potential recipient(s) as to their needs.
    How noble of you. So while you were doing nothing, they were doing something. I like them a lot better. Your words are worthless.

Hurricane Marķa relief hasn’t arrived.
    It certainly hasn't arrived from her. You are such a lib dem. The only charity that counts is the charity that arrives from the feds in the form of other people's money. It's so common.

What’s happening to Puerto Ricans is systemic. Much of it can be traced to La Junta, aka the Wall Street-connected fiscal control board that the US gave power to over the island."
    Remember the Athos principle of documentation.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 01:59 PM
    Because according to AOC, her grandmother is still living in poverty, so either she is a sorry person who would not help her own grandmother, or she is a liar. Take your pick.

I don't know the third party's motives, but I do know they collected 100K for her. How much did you collect?

How noble of you. So while you were doing nothing, they were doing something. I like them a lot better. Your words are worthless.

It certainly hasn't arrived from her. You are such a lib dem. The only charity that counts is the charity that arrives from the feds in the form of other people's money. It's so common.

Remember the Athos principle of documentation.
    Wow, you sure get nasty when you're on the wrong side of a discussion. With you, nasty always trumps truth.

Read your own link to answer your question. It's right there.

Then re-read WG's post where the truth is laid out. Your nastiness is on a par with your "intelligence".

Pray tell - what is the Athos principle of documentation? Is it anything like your suffering from ADS?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 02:01 PM
    Because according to AOC, her grandmother is still living in poverty
    Documentation?
    I don't know the third party's motives
    Oh, golly gee whiz. Take a guess.
    So while you were doing nothing, they were doing something.
    Again, their motive?
    It certainly hasn't arrived from her.
    Documentation?
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 02:10 PM
    The documentation is in the link in post one that you obviously didn’t bother to read.

I don’t know the motive and neither do you. I do know that they helped and you didn’t, so your holier than thou attitude is foolishness.

I wonder what AOC’s motive was for sitting on her axx while her gm was in poverty??? I hope that Tesla drives well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 02:23 PM
    The documentation is in the link in post one that you obviously didn’t bother to read.
    YOU didn't bother to read the entire article but simply picked the sweetest cherries.
    I wonder what AOC’s motive was for sitting on her axx while her gm was in poverty??? I hope that Tesla drives well.
    Your information is soooooo incorrect. I won't even bother to sit you down and explain. You wouldn't listen and would refuse to understand anyway.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 02:33 PM
    Another empty response. Believe lies if you want to but spout them to someone else. AOCs post was very clear. My info was exactly correct.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 02:45 PM
    Another empty response. Believe lies if you want to but spout them to someone else. AOCs post was very clear. My info was exactly correct.
    There was a LOT more to AOC's quote than what you posted.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 02:51 PM
    I portrayed the story about her gm exactly as it was. If you want to talk about Trump, then start another thread, but I'm not going to believe anything a sorry scumbag says who will not even support her own gm. No way. And especially not when she is scooting around in her new Tesla.

This sort of vacuous response from you gets old. "Your information is soooooo incorrect. I won't even bother to sit you down and explain. You wouldn't listen and would refuse to understand anyway." It is entirely devoid of any information. No one would take it seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, then post something meaningful.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 03:09 PM
    I portrayed the story about her gm exactly as it was. If you want to talk about Trump, then start another thread, but I'm not going to believe anything a sorry scumbag says who will not even support her own gm. No way. And especially not when she is scooting around in her new Tesla.
    AOC has reported on her abuela whose house is being repaired while she lives in a safe place.
    No one would take it seriously. If you want to be taken seriously, then post something meaningful.
    Meaningful, like your posts?
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 03:24 PM
    Document your AOC info.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 03:36 PM
    Document your AOC info.
    It's in the link you posted.

Here's the entire tweet:
    "And for the record - my abuela is doing okay. It’s not about us, but about what’s happening to Puerto Rican’s across the island. She had a place to go to and be cared for - what about the thousands of people who don’t?"

A followup tweet by Jake Squibbs:
    "All those responding with negatively towards AOC have totally missed the point she is making! People all over PR are suffering because of the incompetence of the previous administration."
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 03:38 PM
    Where does it say her house is being repaired?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 03:54 PM
    Where does it say her house is being repaired?
    Google that.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 03:55 PM
    Her gm has been in distress. What has she done to help her other than run her mouth?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 04:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post

A followup tweet by Jake Squibbs:
    "All those responding with negatively towards AOC have totally missed the point she is making! People all over PR are suffering because of the incompetence of the previous administration."
    so her grandmother has to suffer so she can make a point, so much for caring liberal politics
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 04:05 PM
    Her gm has been in distress. What has she done to help her other than run her mouth?
    Why are you so concerned about her abuela now? The hurricane was in September 2017. Why weren't you concerned then?

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

@AOC

Jun 2
    And for the record - my abuela is doing okay. It’s not about us, but about what’s happening to Puerto Rican’s across the island.She had a place to go to and be cared for - what about the thousands of people who don’t?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find episode 6 season 4 of The Secret Life of The American Teenager? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I love to watch The secret Life of the American Teenager but I missed all of season 4 that has already aired.:( So I have been catching up with them on YouTube and I have already gotten to episode 6 but I can't find episode 6. Please help me to find it.

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest... [ 2 Answers ]

Is the latest version of the IMac worth getting? We just got the next latest version but I got an email the new Imac has been released. The Apple store is being very nice about - trade it in for the new version or get $300 refund. Any thoughts on what we should do?

Where can I watch the latest episode of the TV SHOW BIG LOVE? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if there is a place on the internet to watch the latest episode of the TV show BIG LOVE? I have never watched anything on a computer and would like to know if it is safe? And how do I know which place to go to where I can watch an episode? I have a Mac OS X? Thanks!:confused:

Who sings song in homicide life on the streets thrill of the kill episode [ 0 Answers ]

In the episode "thrill of the kill" from season 4 of Homicide: life on the streets season 4, who sings the songs?

View more questions Search