Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 11:02 AM
    The Future of American Democracy
    (originally posted in error on another thread)

In the USA, we're plagued by an erstwhile legitimate political party known as the Republican Party which has abandoned the best of its conservative principles and replaced it with a cult-like adoration of the most evil man ever to be president.

The survival of this country based on democracy is hanging by a thread as the Republicans seek to control all future elections by placing the Republican state legislatures above the centuries old method of certifying elections by the electoral college.

Exaggeration? Not in the least. Just look at the print and digital media. Even the right-wing media is beginning to see the threat.

Trump fakes his Republican conservatism in order to achieve his a-moral goals which are simply his own self-aggrandizement. "Pride goeth before the fall", says the proverb. Trump's fall is not far off.

Vigilance is the price of liberty. Too many of us have forgotten that necessary principle.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 04:36 AM
    To answer the context of this post, your democracy is on the wain
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 04:50 AM
    When the Republicans were the "conservative " party they were still described as a threat to democracy. Recall the hysteria over the Goldwater campaign and the media blitz . They had a commerical then with a little girl playing with a daisy until presumably she was killed in an atomic blast .The premise was that Goldwater's conservativism would lead to nuclear war.

The Dems played the same scare card with Reagan. He was going to lead the country to nuclear war and bankrupt the nation with supply side economics . Instead he ended the cold war and we had a decade of prosperity that lasted into the Bubba years due to his policies .

So when I hear the Dems saying that they've abandoned "the best conservative principles " as if they ever bought into them ;I get a good belly laugh .
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    When the Republicans were the "conservative " party they were still described as a threat to democracy. Recall the hysteria over the Goldwater campaign and the media blitz . They had a commerical then with a little girl playing with a daisy until presumably she was killed in an atomic blast .The premise was that Goldwater's conservativism would lead to nuclear war.

The Dems played the same scare card with Reagan. He was going to lead the country to nuclear war and bankrupt the nation with supply side economics . Instead he ended the cold war and we had a decade of prosperity that lasted into the Bubba years due to his policies .

So when I hear the Dems saying that they've abandoned "the best conservative principles " as if they ever bought into them ;I get a good belly laugh .
    Goldwater's conservatism was extreme. Reagan dizzied his way through 8 years and changed his tune on taxes when he saw the falsity of Laffer.

The comment about the "best conservative principles" was mine, not "the Dems.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 09:21 AM
    Sorry folks but this isn't about left right dem repub liberal or conservative its about a new silly season and the dufus sticking his fat nose in it for his own ends. Just like the last four disaster years of tearing down a democracy.

Stupid repubs are being held hostage still the cowards.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Stupid repubs are being held hostage still the cowards.
    And what are they afraid of?
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 12:00 PM
    oh yeah Trump has a gun to the heads of the party . ..... Perhaps his populism still resonates with at least half the nation.
    Expert

Jun 9, 2021, 12:35 PM
    The dufus diehards ARE the same base that repubs rely on and just ask Liz Chaney what happens when you don't kiss the dufus arse.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 04:06 AM
    She lost a leadership position . What happens to Dems in Congress that are in leadership positions but take positions counter to the rest of the party ? It is only going to be a matter of time before Schmuck Schumer takes action against Joe Manchin .He is the chair of the Senate Energy and Resources Committee . But he opposes many of the radical Democrat lefty energy policies .So when will he be bumped from that important committee chair ?
    Expert

Jun 10, 2021, 04:58 AM
    Can't recall such a thing happening with the dems can you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 10:20 AM
    She lost a leadership position .
    She lost the position because she told the plain truth. Republicans don't value the truth.

(Joe Manchin)opposes many of the radical Democrat lefty energy policies
    That is not the problem with Manchin. He opposes the Voting Rights Act because it is not bi-partisan. It's a dumb reason.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 10:32 AM
    Scmucky is taking a lot of heat from inside his caucus for not getting tough on Manchin. They also took a vote on removing Joe Lieberman from Senate Homeland Security chair after he announced his support for McCain over the emperor .

Schmuckster is walking on egg shells with Manchin because he only holds a majority because of VP Harris' tie breaker. He knows that the turtle has spoken to Manchin before about switching parties .

Madam Mim and the House majority leadership also have to walk on egg shells to keep member of the Squad and other radical lefty members in line.
    Ultra Member

Jun 10, 2021, 11:00 AM
    Scmucky is taking a lot of heat from inside his caucus for not getting tough on Manchin.
    That's true.

Schmuckster is walking on egg shells with Manchin because he only holds a majority because of VP Harris' tie breaker
    Obviously.

He knows that the turtle has spoken to Manchin before about switching parties
    Not a chance in hell Manchin will switch. He's not running for office again.

Madam Mim and the House majority leadership also have to walk on egg shells to keep member of the Squad and other radical lefty members in line.
    What else is new, Captain Obvious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Democracy [ 1 Answers ]

How does democracy improves decision making?

Democracy is bad? [ 11 Answers ]

Yesterday I be in school and I ask teacher about democracy, because I heard daddy talking about it with a man in suit. Teacher said: "go to capital teacher" so I had to go and capital teacher give me punish and he say democracy bad. I want ask you americans why you use democracy when democracy...

British vs. American Democracy [ 28 Answers ]

British Democracy does not have the distinct separation of powers as American Founders of its Constitution thought imperative. The Prime Minister’s power is derived solely from the Party that placed him in office, where the President does not have to follow Party Policy. Given that Party Policy is...

View more questions Search