Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 05:27 AM
    It's always easy for those who didn't have their business or place of employment burned down to dismiss it all as peaceful protests. It's the perfect verification of what I said above. Liberal dems couldn't care less about the destruction of large areas of major American cities, or at least they are not going to raise their voices about it. The 1/6 incident seems to interest them only as a politically valuable event. The mystifying silence of the lib dems on this site just verifies that.

It would be a good start if all Americans could agree that the destruction of someone else's personal property is always a bad thing, and those who engage in that destruction are common criminals that should be arrested and prosecuted. It is as true of Ferguson as it is of the 1/6 riots. Arrest them and charge them. Black, white, repub, or dem, it makes no difference. It should not be tolerated.

How many here would agree with that?
    poseidon Posts: 244, Reputation: 55

Jun 8, 2021, 08:47 AM
    This is the biggest problem worldwide.

The medical experts and scientists have far more knowledge about this pandemic than the politicians but the politicians all think they know more than the scintists and medical experts.

They for the large part virtually ignore the expert advice they are given and this is why the countries are locked down for so long then these are raised and a few weeks later there is another lockdown because the virus has spiked again, mainly because there are so many idiots that they don't think they will ever catch the virus and they refuse to wear masks or take the recommended precautions.

There is one positive about wearing masks in my country. Virtually no one has caight the flu and a very few have actually died from the flu compared to other years.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2021, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post

The medical experts and scientists have far more knowledge about this pandemic than the politicians but the politicians all think they know more than the scintists and medical experts.
    Truer words were never spoken.

I don't know what country you're from, but in this country (USA), we're plagued by an erstwhile legitimate political party known as the Republican Party which has abandoned the best of its conservative principles and replaced it with a cult-like adoration of the most evil man ever to be president.

The survival of this country based on democracy is hanging by a thread as the Republicans seek to control all future elections by placing the Republican state legislatures above the centuries old method of certifying elections by the electoral college.

Exaggeration? Not in the least. Just look at the print and digital media. Even the right-wing media is beginning to see the threat.

Trump fakes his Republican conservatism in order to achieve his a-moral goals which are simply his own self-aggrandizement. "Pride goeth before the fall", says the proverb. Trump's fall is not far off.

Vigilance is the price of liberty. Too many of us have forgotten that necessary principle.
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2021, 10:57 AM
    It would be a good start if all Americans could agree that the destruction of someone else's personal property is always a bad thing, and those who engage in that destruction are common criminals that should be arrested and prosecuted. It is as true of Ferguson as it is of the 1/6 riots. Arrest them and charge them. Black, white, repub, or dem, it makes no difference. It should not be tolerated.

I rest my case.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 8, 2021, 12:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's always easy for those who didn't have their business or place of employment burned down to dismiss it all as peaceful protests. It's the perfect verification of what I said above. Liberal dems couldn't care less about the destruction of large areas of major American cities, or at least they are not going to raise their voices about it. The 1/6 incident seems to interest them only as a politically valuable event. The mystifying silence of the lib dems on this site just verifies that.

Everybody here has agreed with prosecuting the criminals surrounding the protests from the very start but, that's no excuse for IGNORING or dismissing the message of the PEACEFUL protestors which is get the bad cops and hold them accountable.

That's my problem with you fringers!

Quote Originally Posted by poseidon View Post

They for the large part virtually ignore the expert advice they are given and this is why the countries are locked down for so long then these are raised and a few weeks later there is another lockdown because the virus has spiked again, mainly because there are so many idiots that they don't think they will ever catch the virus and they refuse to wear masks or take the recommended precautions.

There is one positive about wearing masks in my country. Virtually no one has caight the flu and a very few have actually died from the flu compared to other years.
    Dead on the money, please excuse my highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Truer words were never spoken.

I don't know what country you're from, but in this country (USA), we're plagued by an erstwhile legitimate political party known as the Republican Party which has abandoned the best of its conservative principles and replaced it with a cult-like adoration of the most evil man ever to be president.

The survival of this country based on democracy is hanging by a thread as the Republicans seek to control all future elections by placing the Republican state legislatures above the centuries old method of certifying elections by the electoral college.

Exaggeration? Not in the least. Just look at the print and digital media. Even the right-wing media is beginning to see the threat.

Trump fakes his Republican conservatism in order to achieve his a-moral goals which are simply his own self-aggrandizement. "Pride goeth before the fall", says the proverb. Trump's fall is not far off.

Vigilance is the price of liberty. Too many of us have forgotten that necessary principle.
    Thanks for saving me a lot of typing! 8]
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2021, 03:07 AM
    The flu is endemic . Wearing masks may be a preventive as well as better hygiene .

The question is the government mandating the wearing of masks . Vaccines are available in the US and also effective treatments . High risk groups have been identified so added precautions should be taken by those groups of people .

What happens if covid is endemic ? Do you continue draconian restrictions forever ?
    The flu kills thousands in the US every year and hospitalizes hundreds of thousands . And yet we have never had similar restrictions imposed on us .There has never even been mandates for vaccines for school age children even though they are at a higher risk of suffering a major illness from flu symptoms ;and the flu is at least as contagious .

I give the government a pass for the time covid was new with no known treatments .We were told we would temporarily lock down so the hospitals would not get overwhelmed . A year later that is not a risk . Our governments went to school about how much liberty we were willing to surrender and have played the role of little despots testing how far and how long they can get away with it . They have a template for the next crisis .
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2021, 04:44 AM
    I don't think there is much evidence that wearing masks reduces the incidence of flu. Washing hands and social distancing is more likely to be the source. We'll see. I have a funny feeling that when Covid has been thoroughly studied over the next two or three years, we'll find out what really worked and what didn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a building code that mandates the height of a washing machine hot/cold feed? [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking to add a countertop over my washer and dryer - however the current hot/cold water feed and drain for the washing machine would be directly in the way of the counter (~41 inches). Is there a code that mandates the height of those lines or can I drop them down 12 inches or so to get...

Will upgrading hdd really make a difference? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently using a WD100 (10GB with 2.61GB free) in my computer. I'm thinking about switching to a WD800 (80GB with only XP sp2 installed). Is there any real benefits to doing this since I also have a Maxtor 80GB (slave) installed? Will there be any noticable changes in performance?

Obama flips on health care mandates [ 22 Answers ]

"flip" Remember during those endlessly mind-numbing Democrat debates one of the "real " differences between the big B.O. and Evita was the issue of a mandate requiring individuals purchase health care .Evita was in favor and Obama correctly argued that mandates were wrong because a mandate...

Does a dress make a difference? [ 20 Answers ]

It seems like when I wear a cute little dress and high heels, I get a lot more attention from men. They seem to treat me more like a lady... jump to open the door, etc. than when I am wearing pants w/ a top. Is there something to that? Do men really like women to look super feminine/girly? Is...

Does age make a difference? [ 31 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 27 year old f hanging out with a 17 year old m. the problem is... I'm confused about the age of consent in PA and what would happen to me? We have not had sex yet, we just hang out, but I love this guy and when we hang out age doesn't seem to matter at all! Everyone that hangs out...

View more questions Search