Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2021, 01:14 PM
    Nutcase QANON and Nutcase Trump and Nutcase Flynn
    At a QANON meeting this weekend, former Trump National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, called for a military coup against the U.S. government. He argued that, just like what happened in Myanmar, our military should seize power and overthrow our democratically elected government.

One day later, Flynn tried to walk back his comment.

At the same QANON meeting, fellow nutcase Sidney Powell said Trump “can simply be reinstated. And Biden is told to move out of the White House, and President Trump should be moved back in. That's for sure”. After Powell was widely mocked for her bizarre and often illogical claims, Trump said publicly that she was not officially part of his legal team.

QANON is the outfit that claims Democrats are running a child pedophilia ring, and that they are Satanic cannibals eating the children. Trump is believed by QANON to be the "saviour" of the nation.

According to The New York Post, a poll estimates 30 million Americans are “praying at the altar of Q”. "The beliefs are outlandish, but when you take into account that these beliefs are linked to a kind of apocalyptic thinking and violence, then it becomes something quite different,” said a spokesman.

White evangelicals, a major sub-group of Trump supporters, also have beliefs linked to apocalyptic thinking and violence.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2021, 01:52 PM
    Responding to a question from the audience .....
    "I want to know why what happened in Minamar (sic)can't happen here?" a member of the audience, who identified himself as a Marine, asked Flynn.

Flynn replied ..... "No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right,"

I do not believe for one second he believes that .

Flynn's "walk back " :
    "Let me be VERY CLEAR - There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort,"

Given the abuse he received from the Intel and Law Enforcement agencies of the US government for having the audacity of daring to become a National Security advisor for Trump ,he certainly has the right to clarify his throw away comment . Given his years of service to this country he is entitled to be forgiven for this rhetorical mistake .
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2021, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Responding to a question from the audience .....
    "I want to know why what happened in Minamar (sic)can't happen here?" a member of the audience, who identified himself as a Marine, asked Flynn.

Flynn replied ..... "No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right,"
    Perfect, tomder. That's EXACTLY what he said! "IT SHOULD HAPPEN HERE."

I do not believe for one second he believes that .
    Then you have to explain WHY he said that. It's very clear what he said.

Flynn's "walk back " :
    "Let me be VERY CLEAR - There is NO reason whatsoever for any coup in America, and I do not and have not at any time called for any action of that sort,"
    Of course, he walked it back - AFTER HIS QUOTE WENT AROUND THE WORLD!!! Note how he carefully said he did not "call for action". Doesn't matter - he said what he said.

Given the abuse he received from the Intel and Law Enforcement agencies
    He was given NO abuse. He pled GUILTY to the charge against him. Dufus pardoned him.

he certainly has the right to clarify his throw away comment
    What part of the law forgives seditious comments on the basis of a "right to clarify a throw away comment".

Given his years of service to this country he is entitled to be forgiven for this rhetorical mistake .
    His years of service are not in question. He proved himself to be a nutcase ever since his time with the DIA, where his contract was not extended since he had a "chaotic management style" and was insubordinate. Obama warned Trump about Flynn and Trump immediately hired Flynn as National Security Advisor. Within weeks, he was fired from that job.
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2021, 02:25 PM
    What part of the law forgives seditious comments on the basis of a "right to clarify a throw away comment".
    There are no laws against what you call "seditious comments " . The 1st amendment protects against that . Sedition is rarely prosecuted and one has to be involved in a conspiracy for that to happen. See NY Slimes v Sullivan .Dombrowski v Pfister ,Brandenburg v Ohio ,Stanford v Texas .
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2021, 03:08 PM
    There are no laws against what you call "seditious comments " . The 1st amendment protects against that . Sedition is rarely prosecuted and one has to be involved in a conspiracy for that to happen. See NY Slimes v Sullivan .Dombrowski v Pfister ,Brandenburg v Ohio ,Stanford v Texas .
    Give it up, tom and stop defending a weak position. And deflecting. The guy's a nut and has been since he came on the scene. All the case law in the world can't change that fact.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2021, 06:22 PM
    What part of a law which doesn’t exist forgives seditious comments?? Really?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2021, 07:21 PM
    That law is found in the court of public opinion
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2021, 03:00 AM
    deflect ? You said "What part of the law forgives seditious comments on the basis of a "right to clarify a throw away comment".

So I cited the law. Sedition laws whether in 1798 or 1918 were passed solely for the purpose of punishing political opponents .

Flynn put his foot in his mouth ;realized he made a mistake ,and clarified his position .

Here is the law ; 18 US Code S 2384
    If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

Is the Democrats like Ayanna Pressley ,Madam Mim ,and Maxine Waters conspiring and encouraging violent riots an act of sedition by the words they say ? There are many examples of that . I have not heard one of them walk back their comments as Flynn has done .

He was given NO abuse. He pled GUILTY to the charge against him. Dufus pardoned him.
    He was coerced into making a guilty plea .The despicable deal the FBI gave him was that Flynn's son, who was under investigation as Flynn senior's business partner (and the father of Flynn senior's 4 month-old grandchild) would not be prosecuted.

They also withheld evidence ;including a 302 , that had a direct bearing on his case . The two FBI agents who conducted the interview with Flynn reported to their superiors that they did not think Flynn had been deceitful during the interview and that any inaccurate responses to their questions were the result of a memory lapse, not a deliberate attempt to deceive. That pertinent piece of evidence if produced in a timely manner would have made a difference because it would have been impossible to successfully prosecute him because there was clearly no intent to lie .

That is Soviet style justice unworthy of the United States Justice dept. If that can happen to prominent public figures then it certainly can happen to many other Americans .
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2021, 04:43 AM
    "conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States"

When did Flynn do that?
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2021, 07:46 AM
    Flynn put his foot in his mouth ;realized he made a mistake ,and clarified his position
    Wow, he sure did - Big time. Defend him all you want, he said what he said. Even you admit he was wrong.

Is the Democrats like Ayanna Pressley ,Madam Mim ,and Maxine Waters conspiring and encouraging violent riots an act of sedition by the words they say ? There are many examples of that . I have not heard one of them walk back their comments as Flynn has done
    I missed the part where they said to do what the military did in Myanmar - "It should happen here".

That is Soviet style justice unworthy of the United States Justice dept. If that can happen to prominent public figures then it certainly can happen to many other Americans .
    You're getting carried away. Just be thankful justice in this country is no longer run by the Trump/Barr fascist cabal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2021, 09:49 AM
    I get it now Tom. You're just trying to see how far in right field you can go! Good job so far because you are way out there. Or is UP there a more apt description? Flynn and Rudy had better days for sure but right now they should both be locked up for their own good and the countries. Throw that Gaetz character in with them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 3, 2021, 09:58 AM
    I listened to a video of Flynn's speech. He also didn't pronounce "Myanmar" correctly.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 3, 2021, 10:17 AM
    Qanon, nutcase, Flynn and the dufus fit perfectly in the same sentence.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2021, 10:50 AM
    He also didn't pronounce "Myanmar" correctly.
    Cane him!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 3, 2021, 11:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Cane him!!
    You'd think an educated person who's making a speech for the listeners who are present as well as for those throughout the US and even in the world would have had the humility to look up the pronunciation and practice saying it a few times.
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2021, 11:44 AM
    You mean like Biden does?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQAbF33gFM&t=128s
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2021, 11:52 AM
    My personal favorite. "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 3, 2021, 12:00 PM
    My personal favorite. "Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."
    You apparently didn't hear the previous sentences. Cherry-picking again?
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2021, 12:01 PM
    Cherry picking. Your fall back position when you have no case.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 3, 2021, 12:03 PM
    Cherry picking. Your fall back position when you have no case.
    Listen. To. The. Previous. Sentences. Stop. Being. Stoopid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutcase Michael Flynn Promoting QANON [ 11 Answers ]

Michael Flynn, the notorious nutcase who was first identified as such by Barack Obama when Obama fired him, and warned President-elect Trump about Flynn, who promptly hired Flynn as National Security Advisor and just as prompltly fired him, and then pardoned him, is now promoting QANON - the wacko...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump, General Flynn, Hillary Clinton and pizza [ 12 Answers ]

Hello: If the world comes apart, the LAST guy to whisper in Trumps ear is a CONSPIRACY NUT. Yes, that IS crazy.. Supposedly, Hillary Clinton is running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor in Washington DC. Of COURSE, it's NUTS, but General Flynn BELIEVES it, and tweets it to the world.. ...

The mother of my boyfriends child is a nutcase [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently dating a man and we are planning on getting married, he has a 2 year old daughter and things are great, I absolutely adore her, the only problem is that her mother is doing everything in her power to make our lives miserable, especially when it comes to her daughter. She won't let...

View more questions Search