Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 12:45 PM
    JL, you apparently missed the boat on what those videos prove and what my point was. Cherrypicking is NOT a good idea!

Trump said he would go with them to the Capitol to reclaim their government ("take back our country"), yet he was nowhere to be found during the insurrection.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 12:53 PM
    Cherrypicking. It's what you always refer to when your position is hopeless, as it is now. I still like what Athos said. "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it." If I follow his advice, I will have to tell you I don't believe you.

Please tell me you never, ever, ever tried to help anyone write a term paper where citation was required. The thought alone is enough to cause despair.

And again. "BLM has created far more havoc and destruction than any WS group. Besides, the 1/6 group was not a white supremacist deal."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Cherrypicking. It's what you always refer to when your position is hopeless, as it is now
    My position was that Trump himself, that wondrous and glorious supreme white male, encouraged the insurrection and told the crowd that he would be marching right along with them. Instead, he scurried off to safety. His own words in those two videos confirm his assurance that he would be with them.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:09 PM
    You were responding to this and you said my statement was incorrect. "BLM has created far more havoc and destruction than any WS group. Besides, the 1/6 group was not a white supremacist deal." You have done nothing to refute any of that. You also cannot support your idea that Trump, "encouraged the insurrection". He actively called for peace. Yes, he did not accompany them. I have never said he did, and never even brought the topic up.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 01:12 PM
    You were responding to this and you said my statement was incorrect. "BLM has created far more havoc and destruction than any WS group. Besides, the 1/6 group was not a white supremacist deal." You have done nothing to refute any of that.
    I haven't gotten to that part yet. Take a breath. Breathe deeply.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:16 PM
    That much is certainly clear. Did you take your TDS pills today?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:25 PM
    Athos said. "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it."
    I am informed my name is being taken in vain here. To wit: "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it."

That comment was made specifically to Tomder and his post re Connecticut which he refused to source. That was obvious to anyone, and I stand by it. Many members post reliable comments without sources, but Tomder lost that privilege when he posted several that were untrue and/or misleading.

Taking it out of context (i.e., cherry-picking) and using it as a weapon against WG is par for the course for Jlsn. I might note here that Jl has steadfastly refused to explain his own Bible verses when asked and yet he offers them as proof for whatever he may believe.

And again. "BLM has created far more havoc and destruction than any WS group. Besides, the 1/6 group was not a white supremacist deal."
    The Jan 6 insurrection was filled with white groups of every description, including the usual right-wing nutcases of white supremacists, a hefty sampling of white evangelicals, and Trump flag-waving white fascists. Anything BLM ever did is mild compared to what the insurrectionists did on Jan 6.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 01:27 PM
    That much is certainly clear. Did you take your TDS pills today?
    No, just my multiple, B-complex, and C, so far. And I've noticed you haven't taken your agape pills for quite a while. I do realize each is a very large pill to swallow.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:28 PM
    That comment was made specifically to Tomder and his post re Connecticut which he refused to source.
    How convenient for you. "Tom must support his points. The rest of us are off the hook!" Sorry, but no thinking person anywhere would take such silly advice.

The Jan 6 insurrection was filled with white groups of every description, including the usual right-wing nutcases of white supremacists, a hefty sampling of white evangelicals, and Trump flag-waving white fascists. Anything BLM ever did is mild compared to what the insurrectionists did on Jan 6.
    I continue to take your advice. "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it."
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:35 PM
    And I've noticed you haven't taken your agape pills for quite a while.
    The unquestioning acceptance of falsehoods is not a part of love.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:42 PM
    "Tom must support his points. The rest of us are off the hook!" Sorry, but no thinking person anywhere would take such silly advice.
    You show yourself AGAIN to be simply incapable of quoting someone without changing the intent. No one is surprised.

I continue to take your advice. "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it."
    In your case, don't expect anyone to believe it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 01:42 PM
    The unquestioning acceptance of falsehoods is not a part of love.
    Not insulting and otherwise demeaning another person is a part of agape.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 01:53 PM
    Not insulting and otherwise demeaning another person is.
    Then why did you do it?

You show yourself AGAIN to be simply incapable of quoting someone without changing the intent. No one is surprised.
    You're just mad because I summarized your statement exactly.

In your case, don't expect anyone to believe it.
    I did provide support.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2021, 02:42 PM
    You're just mad because I summarized your statement exactly.
    Here's my statement - "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it." That comment was made specifically to Tomder and his post re Connecticut which he refused to source. That was obvious to anyone, and I stand by it. Many members post reliable comments without sources

Here's your "summary" -

"Tom must support his points. The rest of us are off the hook

Not quite "exactly", is it? It's back to the basement with you until you learn to tell the truth.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 02:49 PM
    " That comment was made specifically to Tomder
    And what comment was that? "If you don't wish to support what you posted...that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it." So yeah, I nailed it. Either it's for everyone, and well it should be, or it's only for one person and not for anyone else. You made it very clear that it was only for Tom and thus not for you. So I will say again, "How convenient for you.'

At any rate, it's certainly reasonable to ask for support for statements that are other than very widely accepted. If that was your intent, then so be it.

but Tomder lost that privilege
    You can apply that for yourself, but certainly not for the rest of us. And again, perhaps that was your intent.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2021, 05:42 PM

At any rate, it's certainly reasonable to ask for support for statements that are other than very widely accepted. If that was your intent, then so be it.

You can apply that for yourself, but certainly not for the rest of us. And again, perhaps that was your intent.
    Who is to say what is widely accepted and what is not?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Who is to say what is widely accepted....
    There ain't no such animal.
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 06:15 PM
    Who is to say what is widely accepted and what is not?
    I would think there are many things that are widely accepted. Obama was pres before Trump. Our national debt is about 30 tril. The dems control the House. Nancy P is the Speaker. On and on it goes. 1/6 was a white supremacist rally? You'd need to give pretty solid evidence for that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 06:40 PM
    I would think there are many things that are widely accepted. Obama was pres before Trump. Our national debt is about 30 tril. The dems control the House. Nancy P is the Speaker.
    Those have nothing to do with "wide acceptance".
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2021, 07:14 PM
    Those are not widely accepted???

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nutcase Michael Flynn Promoting QANON [ 11 Answers ]

Michael Flynn, the notorious nutcase who was first identified as such by Barack Obama when Obama fired him, and warned President-elect Trump about Flynn, who promptly hired Flynn as National Security Advisor and just as prompltly fired him, and then pardoned him, is now promoting QANON - the wacko...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

Trump, General Flynn, Hillary Clinton and pizza [ 12 Answers ]

Hello: If the world comes apart, the LAST guy to whisper in Trumps ear is a CONSPIRACY NUT. Yes, that IS crazy.. Supposedly, Hillary Clinton is running a child sex ring out of a pizza parlor in Washington DC. Of COURSE, it's NUTS, but General Flynn BELIEVES it, and tweets it to the world.. ...

The mother of my boyfriends child is a nutcase [ 8 Answers ]

I am currently dating a man and we are planning on getting married, he has a 2 year old daughter and things are great, I absolutely adore her, the only problem is that her mother is doing everything in her power to make our lives miserable, especially when it comes to her daughter. She won't let...

View more questions Search