Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 02:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You are concerned about polling times when there are greater issues
    There is no greater issue than voting in a democracy.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 03:19 AM
    Thus the reason we want to guarantee the integrity of the process .
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Thus the reason we want to guarantee the integrity of the process .
    Agreed
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 05:26 AM
    And that is why garbage law like HR1 is harmful. Take for example the mandate in HR1 for states to mail out absentee ballots to everyone registered . Connecticut spent $7.1 million in 2020 to do just that . They sent them to 3.6 million voters . 865,000 were returned . Any one of those ballots would've been available free to any voter who requested them . So we will never know how many actual votes were added because of the $8.20 /vote returned initiative .
    On top of that more than 8% of the ballots mailed came back as undeliverable . There were almost 200,000 people on the rolls that did not vote in the last 2 elections . They have not been purged from the rolls and those ballots also went out .
    Extrapolate those numbers to a national mandate and tell me that guarantees the integrity of the ballot . And don't you think the state of Connecticut ;one of the highest taxed states in the union, could've put that $7 million to better use ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2021, 06:12 AM
    There were almost 200,000 people on the rolls that did not vote in the last 2 elections . They have not been purged from the rolls and those ballots also went out .
    And therein lies the problem. Even if everything is run in a legit way, and that's highly doubtful, it still gives the impression that the election is not being done in a secure manner, and that gives the impression of fraud. People need to be able to have confidence in election returns. That, at present, is not the case.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 06:45 AM
    So the answer lies in process; a federal agency that overseas the election, supervises every polling place and count. Just think of the logistics. tell me again, why haven't you thought of this already, something about states rights wasn't it?
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2021, 07:55 AM
    Yes. That's exactly what it's about. A larger fed gov is not what we need. Just look at your own country. Compulsory voting, very high tax rates, tepid economic growth, and oppressive gun control. Nope. I'll pass on that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 12:02 PM
    And that is why garbage law like HR1 is harmful. Take for example the mandate in HR1 for states to mail out absentee ballots to everyone registered . Connecticut spent $7.1 million in 2020 to do just that . They sent them to 3.6 million voters . 865,000 were returned . Any one of those ballots would've been available free to any voter who requested them . So we will never know how many actual votes were added because of the $8.20 /vote returned initiative .
    On top of that more than 8% of the ballots mailed came back as undeliverable . There were almost 200,000 people on the rolls that did not vote in the last 2 elections . They have not been purged from the rolls and those ballots also went out .
    Extrapolate those numbers to a national mandate and tell me that guarantees the integrity of the ballot . And don't you think the state of Connecticut ;one of the highest taxed states in the union, could've put that $7 million to better use ?

Would you provide a source for the above? Your recent posts have been so misleading, I need to ask. Thank you.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 01:23 PM
    Find it yourself .
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2021, 01:33 PM
    Athos is concerned about misleading posts. You don’t say?
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 02:01 PM
    Find it yourself .
    That's what I thought - you made it up.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 02:05 PM
    you can believe that if you wish . Doesn't matter if i provide it or not . You have decided I lack credibility . So believe what you will . Or look it up yourself . My source is easily found ;and that also has collaborative links .
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 02:34 PM
    you can believe that if you wish .
    I wish not to believe it. You have recently posted stats and links that are not true. The 172 page link that had nothing to do with US voting fraud was a doozie. There are others.

If you don't wish to support what you posted re Connecticut, that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it.

You have decided I lack credibility
    No, you have done that all by yourself.
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2021, 03:33 PM
    If you don't wish to support what you posted re Connecticut, that is your right. But don't expect anyone to believe it.
    I'm saving that one. I have no doubt it will come in handy in the months to come. Unsupported statements lack credibility. Seems like I've heard that before.
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2021, 08:49 PM
    do your own research
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2021, 04:51 AM
    Connecticut actually did pretty well as the national average for undelivered election mailings is 15%.... and add to that over 300,000 ballots nationwide that received incoming scans at postal plants but not exit scans .. In many cases the person received a mail in ballot and decided to vote in person. In Georgia they kept on counting "found " missing votes until they got the results they wanted .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 05:14 AM
    It appears Arizona is trying to find some of those lost votes for the doofus! I guess that's okay for the taxpayers to foot that bill.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2021, 05:22 AM
    big difference between finding votes under a table after Republican counters are dismissed and an audit recount.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2021, 05:31 AM
    big difference between finding votes under a table after Republican counters are dismissed and an audit recount.
    Even bigger difference between state-sanctioned certified auditors and right wing dufus Defenders with black lights looking for bamboo fibers.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2021, 11:58 PM
    so the rage continues, meanwhile the government goes quietly on

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OMG!! I'm a VOTER felon.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: It's true. I'm ON the voter rolls of TWO states.. Maybe even THREE.. Could be FOUR.. I'm a VERY BAD person. I moved. What I DIDN'T do, is take myself OFF the voter rolls of the state I left.. When you move, you take yourself off, don't you?? I should be ashamed of...

Voter ID update [ 12 Answers ]

Mississippi Voter ID Implemented With No Problems Mississippi sails through voter ID test

Voter ID/Suppression [ 1282 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing tells us they only want to insure the INTEGRITY of the vote.. Then why does THIS right winger think it's to insure a Romney victory? Pennsylvania state House Republican Mike Turzai got very candid in a speech to the state's Republican committee. He said that newly...

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

View more questions Search