Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2022, 11:20 AM
    When you don't like court rulings you try to jam through legislation by any means necessary ;like Schmucky is trying to do with HR1 .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 11:00 AM
    Not like repubs way of filling SCOTUS at all...yeah right...far right!
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 01:31 PM
    I would have to remind you that Harry Reid was the one who broke the cloture rule for confirming justices. Back then it was called the 'nuclear option' .That came back to bite the Dems just like breaking the filibuster to jam through HR1 would . Once the horse is out of the barn don't expect the opposing party to put it back.
    Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 03:21 PM
    Slick Mitch is not above throwing his word out the window to get what he wants, with not a peep from his fellow repubs. Same SCOTUS example from above. Doesn't matter to him.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2022, 04:21 PM
    How have the repubs filled the Supreme Court?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    How have the repubs filled the Supreme Court?
    Which party has the majority of Supremes?
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2022, 04:35 PM
    Why? Was it OK for the dems to do that, but not for repubs? Why OK for one but not the other?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2022, 05:22 PM
    Which party has the majority of Supremes? What's the breakdown of repubs and dems?
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2022, 05:56 PM
    this is a non-issue.
    The Repubs have the majority but would've had it with or without the decision to block the Garland nomination . AND Kavanaugh and Barrett have hardly been the partisans that the Dems feared . There are 3 hard line partisan progressive living breathers . Threre are 3 hardline originalists . Kavanaugh Barrett and Chief Justice Roberts stick their fingers in the wind before ruling .
    Expert

Jan 8, 2022, 11:11 AM
    Yeah we know repubs would rob the dems one way or another. More the reason for dems to unite and push the liberal agenda while they have a slim majority.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 04:46 AM
    update on an oldie

Early voting is under way in Georgia and it is setting records for turnout that surpass 2020. (I think the Repubs got the message)

This corrects for good the false narrative that says the Georgia voting laws that were passed to suppress turnout . Over 291,700 people have voted ..... 268,050 in person and 23,690 absentee.Will Clueless Joe retract his inflamatory comments that the Georgia law was "Jim Crow 2.0" ?
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2022, 04:56 AM
    BTW ,this is a trend in all the GOP states that updated their elections laws. As of yesterday over five million people have already voted in the 2022 general election.

RPubs - Early Voting 2022 General Election
    Uber Member

Oct 21, 2022, 09:06 AM
    This corrects for good the false narrative that says the Georgia voting laws that were passed to suppress turnout .
    I don't know that even the democrats believed that. It was just a political mantra needed to keep minority voters scared enough to continue to vote democrat. The truth rarely enters into consideration anymore. The media is supposed to be the great arbitrator in that regard, but most of them are now just political advocates for the democrat party.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OMG!! I'm a VOTER felon.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: It's true. I'm ON the voter rolls of TWO states.. Maybe even THREE.. Could be FOUR.. I'm a VERY BAD person. I moved. What I DIDN'T do, is take myself OFF the voter rolls of the state I left.. When you move, you take yourself off, don't you?? I should be ashamed of...

Voter ID update [ 12 Answers ]

Mississippi Voter ID Implemented With No Problems Mississippi sails through voter ID test

Voter ID/Suppression [ 1282 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing tells us they only want to insure the INTEGRITY of the vote.. Then why does THIS right winger think it's to insure a Romney victory? Pennsylvania state House Republican Mike Turzai got very candid in a speech to the state's Republican committee. He said that newly...

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

View more questions Search