Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 7, 2021, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    so the rage continues, meanwhile the government goes quietly on
    Not quietly but loud and raucus. TV does that.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2021, 07:31 PM
    after Trump this is silence
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2022, 04:47 PM
    Time to resurrect this post .

Cluessless Joe has nominated Nancy Gbana Abudu, the deputy legal director at Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) to be an 11th Circus appellate justice .She is a diversity nominee who checks off the appropriate boxes . She “would be the first African-American woman judge ever "to sit on the Eleventh Circus.

But that is not my beef . When she was working for the ACLU she said that proof of citizenship and photo ID are indicative of “voter suppression.”
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 04:58 PM
    Abudu (at the same time in 2011!!!) slammed South Carolina for not permitting students to show campus IDs to vote, calling it “restrictive.”

What's her stance now, ten years later?
    Ultra Member

Jan 1, 2022, 05:43 PM
    got me . That stance is indicative of her disregard for the integrity of the franchise . Many students from campus are out of state .

You say it was a decade ago .But her comments about the Georgia law shows that her opinion has not changed . She parroted Clueless' comments that the Georgia law was Jim Crow .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 1, 2022, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But her comments about the Georgia law shows that her opinion has not changed . She parroted Clueless' comments that the Georgia law was Jim Crow .
    A date for those comments? And what was meant by "the Georgia law was Jim Crow"?
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2022, 03:20 PM
    Defending Democracy: SPLC calls on Senate to swiftly pass John R. Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act | Southern Poverty Law Center (splcenter.org)

You don't know what Jim Crow laws were ? That is when there was real suppression unlike today .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 04:21 PM
    Yes, I know about Jim Crow. Was born and raised in the South. I was asking, how is the Georgia law Jim Crow? And...how is it not?
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2022, 04:50 PM
    I don't think it is Jim Crow .If voter ID requirements are Jim Crow then most of the country still practices Jim Crow .In fact Georgia's laws are to a large extent mirror Federal laws .
    Georgia provides a free photo ID to anyone who doesn’t already have one. We have more than a decade’s worth of Georgia’s turnout data in election after election that graphically shows that the ID provision does not prevent anyone—including minorities The only addition is that now is ID is required for absentee and mail in ballots. All someone who wants a mail in ballot need do is write the id # on the application. Doesn't even need a drivers license . It can be satisfied with a “copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address "
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 04:54 PM
    Illinois doesn't require driver or state ID to vote or to apply for a mail-in application.
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2022, 04:58 PM
    good for Illinois one of only 15 states that don't require some form of ID . Did I mention how dysfunctional your state is ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2022, 05:14 PM
    We have more than a decade’s worth of Georgia’s turnout data in election after election that graphically shows that the ID provision does not prevent anyone—including minorities
    Hopefully facts will be persuasive.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2022, 05:49 PM
    good for Illinois one of only 15 states that don't require some form of ID . Did I mention how dysfunctional your state is ?
    Dysfunctional because Dems win?
    Ultra Member

Jan 2, 2022, 08:19 PM
    What state has the lowest credit rating in the nation ? Yes the Dems and the fact that they are beholden to public service unions are mostly to blame . They got their first credit rating upgrade in 2 decades so I guess there is some good news there . But it is still the worse in the nation.Decades of budgetary mismanagement is the cause . It has $250 billion in obligations and only about 40% of it funded . It's bond ratings border on junk bond status . We here the same old same old tax the rich rhetoric as a solution .But the rich are leaving the state in droves . And yes ;the Dems want to empower the very unions that are sinking the state .
    Expert

Jan 4, 2022, 04:10 AM
    You need an ID to register, and vote, just not the specific one you wingers want mandated.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2022, 05:02 AM
    Without requiring a PHOTO ID for VOTING in every election (not registration ,not 1st time voting only),there is almost no chance of detecting fraud.....and that includes providing a copy of the id when applying for absentee ballots . And if absentee ballots are mailed out without specific requests by the voter then you are also inviting fraud .If you allow ballot harvesting you also invite fraud .

The Dem's claim that photo id is equivalent to Jim Crow poll taxes is absurd . They are offered for free . Further the requirement of a photo id has not been demonstrated to suppress turnout . That is just a phony Dem talking point .

HR1 would force states to mail absentee ballots to all voters and allow harvesting.HR1 also compels states to automatically register everyone who signs up for food assistance, unemployment benefits or other government support. That includes noncitizens, unless they declare themselves ineligible. It bans photo-ID requirements. Anyone can show up on Election Day to vote and simply sign a statement claiming to be registered.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2022, 05:08 AM
    Dems know that election fraud typically favors them, so they are in favor of virtually anything that allows for it.
    Expert

Jan 4, 2022, 07:10 AM
    No, turnout favors dems, which is why anything that promotes it scares repubs.

Without requiring a PHOTO ID for VOTING in every election (not registration ,not 1st time voting only),there is almost no chance of detecting fraud.....and that includes providing a copy of the id when applying for absentee ballots . And if absentee ballots are mailed out without specific requests by the voter then you are also inviting fraud .If you allow ballot harvesting you also invite fraud .

The Dem's claim that photo id is equivalent to Jim Crow poll taxes is absurd . They are offered for free . Further the requirement of a photo id has not been demonstrated to suppress turnout . That is just a phony Dem talking point .

HR1 would force states to mail absentee ballots to all voters and allow harvesting.HR1 also compels states to automatically register everyone who signs up for food assistance, unemployment benefits or other government support. That includes noncitizens, unless they declare themselves ineligible. It bans photo-ID requirements. Anyone can show up on Election Day to vote and simply sign a statement claiming to be registered.
    None of your fears and allegations has ever been proved by repubs in the decades of hollering lies and shenanigans.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2022, 07:17 AM
    As stated without the safeguards there is almost zero chance of "proving " fraud . The Dem fallback is always going to be the charge is unproven and they will be correct because the chaos the Dems favor prevent it .
    Expert

Jan 4, 2022, 11:10 AM
    Take your grievances to court like we do and end the chaos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OMG!! I'm a VOTER felon.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: It's true. I'm ON the voter rolls of TWO states.. Maybe even THREE.. Could be FOUR.. I'm a VERY BAD person. I moved. What I DIDN'T do, is take myself OFF the voter rolls of the state I left.. When you move, you take yourself off, don't you?? I should be ashamed of...

Voter ID update [ 12 Answers ]

Mississippi Voter ID Implemented With No Problems Mississippi sails through voter ID test

Voter ID/Suppression [ 1282 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing tells us they only want to insure the INTEGRITY of the vote.. Then why does THIS right winger think it's to insure a Romney victory? Pennsylvania state House Republican Mike Turzai got very candid in a speech to the state's Republican committee. He said that newly...

Just your regular voter. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: I'm a wonk. I live, eat and breathe politics. You guys do too. I heard a statistic on the news today that 1 in 3 voters have YET to make up their minds. Wow. If they haven't made up their minds by now, what is the game changer going to be? Will it be a TV commercial? A personal...

View more questions Search