Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2021, 03:57 PM
    what brand of potted meat ? I'm guessing Hormel
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 31, 2021, 04:34 PM
    It’s usually just whatever they have. Something beats nothing.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2021, 06:52 PM
    camp pie, yuck, processed ham, yuck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 31, 2021, 07:56 PM
    OSCAR MEYER? that stuff is ground tuna fish. With ketchup is bad enough, but MAYO? Did he really say MAYO? That white stuff? He should have his hot dog card revoked.
    Tuna and mayo with crackers is a gourmet meal!!! What's wrong with you guys??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 31, 2021, 08:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Tuna salad (made with Miracle Whip, diced hard-boiled eggs, a smidgen of sweet pickle relish, and a smattering of minced onions) and yes! on crackers or any kind of bread toasted, maybe with a layer of lettuce.

Chicago is also the home of Italian beef sandwiches served on Turano French bread with Italian beef and natural gravy plus your choice of sweet or hot peppers and/or mozzarella cheese.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2021, 02:37 AM
    camp pie, yuck, processed ham, yuck
    that is only if you get high quality brands. When push comes to shove , a can of Vienna sausage or Hormel chili ;smoked ham or corned beef can be a life saver ....even spam will do .

and yes ;Tuna can be gourmet . But it has to be baked in macaroni with a good cheese sauce .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2021, 04:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I agree. I thought you meant hot dogs with mayo.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 1, 2021, 09:51 AM
    I did. I love mayo. Best salad dressing ever. Great with peanut butter and cheese too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Tuna salad (made with Miracle Whip, diced hard-boiled eggs, a smidgen of sweet pickle relish, and a smattering of minced onions) and yes! on crackers or any kind of bread toasted, maybe with a layer of lettuce.

Chicago is also the home of Italian beef sandwiches served on Turano French bread with Italian beef and natural gravy plus your choice of sweet or hot peppers and/or mozzarella cheese.
    Grew up in the Chi-town REGION your post has made me hungry again. Your tuna recipe on Texas Toast...YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!

and yes ;Tuna can be gourmet . But it has to be baked in macaroni with a good cheese sauce .
    You got the idea down pat! Multi grain wheat bread to make it easy to scarf down. Let's eat!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HFT This Weekend [ 1 Answers ]

I know this gets asked a lot and after searching and browsing for the better part of two days I thought I would post and ask the question myself. I was a heavy marijuana smoker for about four months this past year. I smoked at least every other day from mid December 2012 until mid April 2013. I...

Looking for weekend job. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm still going to elementary school so I need a weekend job, or an after school online job. I can work in and out the house. Also, if it was an online job I am very good at writing (for my age) as I have already been published into a book about 10 times and have four on the way to getting...

Opinionn Piece Topic, please help, topic idea due tomorrow! [ 0 Answers ]

I am in grade 8 and need an idea of what to write about for an opinion piece. (if you are viewing this please please answer, the topic idea is due tomorrow and I can't think of anything) The topic can be on anything at all (appropriate for school) just something I have an opinion on. I don't...

Something for the weekend... [ 3 Answers ]

Eye have a spelling cheque err It came with my pea sea It plainly marques four my revue Miss steaks eye kin knot sea. Eye strike a key & type a word And weight for it two say Weather I am wrong oar write It shows me strait a weigh. As soon as a mist ache is maid It nose bee four two long

View more questions Search