Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2021, 05:38 AM
    The Wuhan deniers Holy bat cave !
    TDS was on full display during the pandemic Trump floated the hypothesis early on that the Chinese were lying and that the virus' origin was not from some meat market ,but originated from the Wuhan Institute of Virology .

So of course since Trump said it there was widespread rejection and he was accused of racisim ;xenophobia yada yada yada the typical leftist smears .

But now that he is out of office ,it is ok to speculate that the lab is the source . I go further and say that not only was the lab studying the virus ; a strain that they knew of since 2012 when workers in a copper mine a thousand miles from Wuhan came down with mysterious pneumonia like symptoms .Some even died . Researchers went to the caves , collected bat guano,and began to extract genetic material from fecal samples of bats They have been studying the virus in Wuhan since... perhaps even weaponizing it("gain of function" ....taking a virus that could infect humans and making it either more transmissible and/or pathogenic for humans.) Researchers at the lab discovered that it was easy to " exchange genetic material with similar ones to create a new coronavirus" .They also experimented to see if the bat coronaviruses could bind to an enzyme in human cells.

According to WSJ ,U.S. intelligence found that three researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology were hospitalized in November 2019 with symptoms consistent with Covid-19. That is well before the Chinese government’s claim that the first confirmed case occurred on December 8, 2019. That is based on a US fact sheet published January this year .
    Fact Sheet: Activity at the Wuhan Institute of Virology - United States Department of State

So now it is cool . Quid has given an investigation into the virus origins his blessing .

When Trump and Tom Cotton mentioned it ;it was called a debunked fringe conspiracy theory . Chinese and American scientists who published anything outside of conventional accepted science were disregarded .Dr Fauchi a year ago said that the virus“evolved in nature and then jumped species” ;and did not originated in the lab he is a patron of through the National institute of Health (NIH) .
    How did he know ? The Chinese told him so .....and WHO backed him up. Can researches go to the caves to investigate ? NO the Chinese have sealed access. None of the scientists who continue to claim it was transmitted naturally can identify the source .So their claims are unscientific . They are at best speculative and the scientists are more likely complicit in a cover up of.. the facts.
    Journalists who went with the apparent fiction instead of doing true investigative reporting are also complicit .They were more content on leading with the fiction that since Trump and other conservatives floated the idea that the virus was not natural ,that it should be summarily dismissed as a theory born in racist roots. Over the past year this game was played continuously be it masking ,lockdowns ;even the possibility of a speedy vaccine development .
    There was no science behind the conventional wisdom ......just group think speculation by scientists ......and uncurious journalists giving them cover
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2021, 06:10 AM
    Look Tom when other attacks have been made the answer was to use cruise missiles to wipe out the site, it worked in Syria, so here is the solution wipe out the institute of virology in Wuhan, problem solved
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2021, 06:37 AM
    I can except the possibility that it was an accidental release . Just like I accept the possibility that Lyme was released accidently from a US research lab on Plum Island . It can happen . I don't like the lack of transparency from either government There is way too much of it when people's health are affected . The CDC dismissed Lyme as a serious issue for years .
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2021, 06:43 PM
    accidental maybe, then why not admit it and end discord and speculation?, No something more sinister here, they were researching the weaponising of the virus, and it backfired, but nevertheless it has been successful even if released prematurely
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 28, 2021, 08:00 PM
    then why not admit it and end discord and speculation?,
    That would involve acceptance of liability.
    Ultra Member

May 28, 2021, 08:28 PM
    Yes I know the maxim, never admit liability, but the millions who have been affected by this deserve compensation, the economies that have been devastated deserve compensation, war reparations were made, why is this any different? The Chinese need to be brought to account, and their evil empire destroyed
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 28, 2021, 11:39 PM
    Great story, bro, but completely lacking any actual evidence.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 02:58 AM
    No there are no hard facts yet. Thus the call for an investigation . A call that was summarily dismissed months ago because of who was asking for it . But that is ok . The cover up served it's electoral purpose . But the 5th column ...oops I mean the 4th estate can no longer keep the cover story real . Since the "racist " is no longer in office ,Quid can safely call for the very belated investigation . [the question of why the US doesn't have sufficient intel assets in China is for another discussion Suffice it to say that if the CIA was not concentrating on domestic intrigues then perhaps they could've corrected this deficiency ]

Why the sudden shift from the Quid Administration and the compliant press ? Up until now they have gone along with the bogus narrative put out by the WHO that a lab leak had not happened and that the source of the virus was from a meat market . Hey why not trust the WHO ? They thoroughly investigated the lab for a whole 2 hours .
    While Quid is in the mood to investigate ,he should also investigate the unique relationship between US agencies like the Dr Fauci led NIH and the Wuhan Institute of Virology.(other agencies include USAID,DOD ,Homeland Security ,National Science Foundation, Department of Agriculture .They all had dealings with this lab and/or the EcoHealth Alliance ;a non-profit organization also working with the lab ) .

Quid wants all this investigation done in 90 days .90 days to make up for 18 months of wasted time . So this smells like a white wash to me . An attempt to call off the dogs in Congress (Republicans ) who are demanding answers .Marco Rubio for instance is calling for a transparent forensic investigation. Will that happen ? My guess is no .

All I know is that when the SARS pandemic broke out ,the origin question was answered in very short order . We need REAL answers to the origins of this one . If the Chinese will not permit a real investigation then at a minimum US funding and participation in this lab must end and the Chinese should pay a cost . (what is fair compensation for millions of people sick and killed worldwide ;a half a million dead in the US ?)The chances of the investigation mentioning U.S funding for “gain of function” are zero.

More extensive investigations happen when planes crash . It is stunning that the world has accepted the Chinese explanations out of hand .

Hate to break it to Quid . This issue will not go away . Maybe Hunter will have to give the Chinese a refund on their investment in his presidency .
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 03:24 AM
    Great story, bro, but completely lacking any actual evidence.
    that was never a concern for 4 years about the story of Trump being in collusion with Russia
    Uber Member

May 29, 2021, 04:49 AM
    The Chinese need to be brought to account, and their evil empire destroyed
    Good luck with that.

BTW, if an investigation is needed, then what would be wrong with Australia doing it?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    No there are no hard facts yet. Thus the call for an investigation .
    True.

Does the same hold for the Repubs denying a Jan6 investigation by Congress? There are more than enough hard facts to dig deep into that insurrection. The Republicans were all for an investigation the days after, but now they have done a 180 reversal. Why is that? Especially after the Dems AGREED TO EVERY DEMAND THE REPUBS ASKED FOR.

It is because they know the facts will destroy any chance they have of taking back the House and White House. Their leader in this refusal is the ex-president who was twice impeached and responsible by his inaction for hundreds of thousands of deaths due to Covid. They kiss his arse to keep their plush jobs.

The Republican Party is disgraceful and a blot on American democracy.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 06:37 AM
    Not everything is about american politics, sometimes there are bigger issues

Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Good luck with that.

BTW, if an investigation is needed, then what would be wrong with Australia doing it?
    Australia was the first to call for an investigation, while Trump just hollered and where did that get us? in a cold war with China?
    Uber Member

May 29, 2021, 07:51 AM
    Calling for is not the same as doing. If you want an investigation then stop expecting us to do it. Do it yourself. Enough complaining.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 01:09 PM
    Does the same hold for the Repubs denying a Jan6 investigation by Congress?
    absolutely despite your incorrectly calling what happened an "insurrection " ,and assuming it is a real bipartisan investigation and not a show trial like Schiff-head and the toad like to stage . I have plenty of questions including ones about new video showing Capitol police allowing the protesters into the Capitol . Also a question about the only death that occurred by homicide at the Capitol that day ...... by the still unnamed officer who shot point blank at Ashi Babbitt ;a patriotic veteran of the US Air Force . Normally the left riots when there is a cop shooting someone . Why did Madam Mim and the mayor of DC not adequately protect the Capitol when it was clear that there would be a major protest there (it had been on social media for weeks ) .

JL you have to understand ; when dealing with China ,the Aussies are punching above their weight class .
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 03:40 PM
    absolutely despite your incorrectly calling what happened an "insurrection
    What would you call it when the US Capitol is attacked and broken into while Congress is in session with the stated claim of overturning the election of the US President thereby overthrowing the elected government of the United State of America?

A tea and crumpets party?

Threatening to KILL the vice-president was another stated objective. Was that OK also?

I have plenty of questions including ones about new video showing Capitol police allowing the protesters into the Capitol
    Fine. You and your Republican pals can ask all the questions you want, but you gotta show up to ask questions.

Why did your team decide NOT to show up after they agreed they WOULD SHOW UP?
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 04:23 PM
    my team ? I have been registered without party affiliation my whole adult life and even if I were I walk in lock step with no one .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2021, 04:49 PM
    ***"Vietnam has uncovered a new Covid-19 variant combining characteristics of the two existing variants first found in India and the UK," Mr Nguyen told a government meeting, according to Reuters news agency.

Mr Nguyen said the new hybrid variant was more transmissible than previously known versions, especially in the air. He said it was discovered after running tests on newly-detected patients, online newspaper VnExpress reported.***
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=uxbndlbing
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 05:57 PM
    my team ? I have been registered without party affiliation my whole adult life and even if I were I walk in lock step with no one .
    That's it? That's your entire response to my post?
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2021, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Calling for is not the same as doing. If you want an investigation then stop expecting us to do it. Do it yourself. Enough complaining.
    There was an Australian in the WHO investigation team, so yes we have done our own investigation and found the evidence was inconclusive. No doubt Joe has formed the same conclusion thus the american investigation and I say good luck penetrating the bamboo curtain
    Uber Member

May 29, 2021, 09:24 PM
    There was an Australian in the WHO investigation team, so yes we have done our own investigation and found the evidence was inconclusive.
    That's not the same, or even close to being the same, as you doing your own investigation. That's the WHO doing an investigation that found, unsurprisingly, inconclusive evidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

is Wuhan virus a way to end gun violence ? [ 71 Answers ]

Baltimore Mayor Jack Young wants residents to stop shooting each other because they need the hospital beds for Wuhan Flu patients . “we cannot clog up our hospitals and their beds with people that are being shot senselessly because we’re going to need those beds for people infected with the...

D*mn the torpedoes, purge the deniers! [ 93 Answers ]

In yet another extraordinary display of open-mindedness, tolerance and respect for freedom of speech, a group called "Forecast the Facts" has threatened meteorologists to hop on the climate change bandwagon or else. Obviously, only science, opinions and now daily weather forecasts that...

The cave [ 9 Answers ]

Two American Indians and a Canadian were walking through the woods. All of a sudden one of the American Indians ran up a hill to the mouth of a small cave. 'Wooooo! Wooooo! Wooooo!' he called into the cave and listened closely until he heard an answering, 'Wooooo! Wooooo! Woooooo! ...

View more questions Search