Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    I believe I am needed.
    Like most of your beliefs, you're wrong.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 29, 2021, 12:17 PM
    since he is generally incoherent and not understandable.
    Well, Tal, Seeing how I didn't understand (hence questions) your beliefs, you're wrong.

just can't resist damning anyone who doesn't believe like they do
    Go away, Walter.
    Thank you for proving my point
    You are describing yourself
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 06:52 AM
    Athos, I know you have excluded me in your question but from the earliest I have had a belief in God. Now I was raised a catholic in what was a lapsed catholic household but very early in life I was very sick and I had a vision or a dream. I stood before the throne of God and he said to me, "Brian, you have to go back".

I am now a Pentecostal Christian and have been for over 40 years and I have had enough experiences to know that God is very real
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2021, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Athos, I know you have excluded me in your question but from the earliest I have had a belief in God. Now I was raised a catholic in what was a lapsed catholic household but very early in life I was very sick and I had a vision or a dream. I stood before the throne of God and he said to me, "Brian, you have to go back".

I am now a Pentecostal Christian and have been for over 40 years and I have had enough experiences to know that God is very real
    Yes, I excluded Christians from my invitation. I was trying to get a feel for faiths not in the mainstream, but as can be seen, I was not very successful.

I welcome any heartfelt expression of faith and yours is obviously heartfelt. Your experience is unusual so your story fits in that way.

If you entertain questions, what did God look like? What did his throne look like? What did the surroundings look like? Anything else about your experience you would care to relate. Asked sincerely.

I'm a comparative religion nut, and experiences like yours are very interesting to me. I did a long study of NDEs so any close encounter with the Deity is fascinating.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2021, 05:41 PM
    Well, Tal, Seeing how I didn't understand (hence questions) your beliefs, you're wrong.
    Ask for guidance and understanding and ye shall receive.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Aug 5, 2021, 02:48 PM
    I was describing Athos take on things.
    Ask for guidance and understanding and ye shall receive.
    ask whom?
    Do you have a name for your relationship building?

Not really just personal one on one. Never thought about it.
    You can think anything you like when it comes to God...while still not having a relationship with him.

Do you claim to have a 'relationship" with God, a god with no name? uh, yah, okay got it.

God's name is the great "I am" look him up. His name says it all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Religious belief is founded [ 33 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with my religious belief and I'm not saying there isn't a higher power its just hard for me to see it in my life. I can easily see how someone who was not educated in Sunday school question god, but I've been going to Sunday school and what-not my entire life and...

View more questions Search