Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 27, 2021, 09:53 AM
    Invitation to Explain Religious Belief
    This is for anyone who is not Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, or Shintoist. I'm interested in a religion/faith/belief that is not mentioned.

I'd like to know what your faith is called and for you to post a major belief or two about that faith. I am decidedly NOT trying to convince you of another faith - I am truly interested. Thanks in advance.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 24, 2021, 09:49 PM
    Doesn't look like anybody's biting? Maybe you could fill us in on your "Religious Belief"?
    I'm seriously interested. Maybe I could gain some insight?
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2021, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero
    I'm seriously interested.
    I second this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 25, 2021, 02:32 PM
    I don't have a religious belief, but a constant building of a personal relationship with the God that I understand.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2021, 04:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    I don't have a religious belief, but a constant building of a personal relationship with the God that I understand.
    Thanks, Tal. A few questions below (all optional).

Do you have a name for your relationship building?

Can you give a major aspect of that relationship?

Can you describe the God you understand?

How did you come to that belief?
    Expert

Jun 26, 2021, 01:39 PM

Not really just personal one on one. Never thought about it.

I listen...God answers.

Power greater than myself.

I think it's always been there, but maybe I didn't listen, or was unwilling to listen, or just young, dumb, stupid, distracted and willful...or all the above. The spiritual revelation was accepting I had NO control over anybody or anything, but there was something greater than me that did, so I accepted it and try to understand it. Still trying to learn, but very grateful for the opportunity and blessings and GUIDANCE received so far after my way kept me lost angry and afraid. I just asked for help and got it in abundance.

Not saying the path is easier, but it's much brighter since all I have to do is shut up and listen and stay out of the way. More is always revealed for the asking.

Hope that answers your questions and sorry no quotes from ancient man or deities to provide. Like I said it's personal.
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2021, 05:28 PM

Not really just personal one on one. Never thought about it.

I listen...God answers.

Power greater than myself.

I think it's always been there, but maybe I didn't listen, or was unwilling to listen, or just young, dumb, stupid, distracted and willful...or all the above. The spiritual revelation was accepting I had NO control over anybody or anything, but there was something greater than me that did, so I accepted it and try to understand it. Still trying to learn, but very grateful for the opportunity and blessings and GUIDANCE received so far after my way kept me lost angry and afraid. I just asked for help and got it in abundance.

Not saying the path is easier, but it's much brighter since all I have to do is shut up and listen and stay out of the way. More is always revealed for the asking.

Hope that answers your questions and sorry no quotes from ancient man or deities to provide. Like I said it's personal.

Thank you - excellent reply. No quotes needed from ancient man or deities. Like you said, it's personal and that's for more important than something ancient.

We're all on a learning path, and it's refreshing to see it so eloquently expressed as you did.

Jun 27, 2021, 10:05 AM
    excellent reply.
    Can I ask, How SO?

Still trying to learn,
    We're all on a learning path
    Great, now we have a size twelve Brain and know how to tie our Shoe...Now what???
    Expert

Jun 27, 2021, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Thank you - excellent reply. No quotes needed from ancient man or deities. Like you said, it's personal and that's for more important than something ancient.

We're all on a learning path, and it's refreshing to see it so eloquently expressed as you did.
    Thanks Athos. I believe most people value Good Orderly Direction.

Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    Can I ask, How SO?

Great, now we have, size twelve Brain and know how to tie our Shoe...Now what?
    As the spirit moves you. 8D

Jun 27, 2021, 05:28 PM
    Are you saying; Information of the mind is all that is needed? The answer to a person's (America) dilemma is to be found in dealing with the ignorance which confronts men and women, and if they were just educated about it then it would fix them?

I believe most people value Good Orderly Direction.
    Yes, everybody can see that the highly educated are more well ordered...Horse Hockey!

So, now that you have your shoe on, what's going to stop you from kicking it up the backside of somebody's arse?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 27, 2021, 06:31 PM
    Information of the mind is all that is needed?
    Please explain what "information of the mind" is.
    The answer to a person's (America) dilemma is to be found in dealing with the ignorance which confronts men and women, and if they were just educated about it then it would fix them?
    2. What are examples of "ignorance [that] confronts men and women?
    2. How would they get educated?

Jun 28, 2021, 10:22 AM
    The spiritual revelation was accepting I had NO control over anybody or anything
    including-self?

I listen...God answers.
    Any fear involved?

Do you have a name for your relationship?
    Not really just personal one on one.
    You mean talanimanizm? Seen it before. yup, been there done that!
    It doesn't work.
    Expert

Jun 28, 2021, 09:56 PM
    Are you saying; Information of the mind is all that is needed? The answer to a person's (America) dilemma is to be found in dealing with the ignorance which confronts men and women, and if they were just educated about it then it would fix them?
    Not what I'm saying if you are referring to my post.

Yes, everybody can see that the highly educated are more well ordered...Horse Hockey!
    Not what I said or inferred.

So, now that you have your shoe on, what's going to stop you from kicking it up the backside of somebody's arse?
    You mean shoes plural right?

including-self?
    I do my best. I am human and flawed.

Any fear involved?
    Some but understanding brings courage bolstered by FAITH.

It doesn't work.
    Don't need a label but personal works for me. Maybe not for others.

Jun 28, 2021, 09:58 PM
    You mean shoes plural right?
    One shoe at a time Tal (I'm a bit slow).

Might I ask; how does your god dispense wisdom, if at all?
    Does he/she whisper sweet nothings to you at night?

From some of your other posts, you stated; "truth is whatever you believe it to be." Meaning; everybody's right?
    Is this god accessible to others, if so, how? How often do you repel said, god?
    How often is god, right/wrong?

Thank you - excellent reply.
    Do you and Athos share the same god, or do you think Athos is a bit of an a** kisser?
    Like you said, it's personal and that's far more important than something ancient.
    Do you think this is true?

Is this you, answering these questions, or is it god? how many more Questions are you/god going to answer???
    Does your god want to hold a dollar?
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2021, 11:03 PM
    Not what I'm saying if you are referring to my post.
    Sorry, tal. I never meant this to be a religious attack thread. I said at the beginning:

I am decidedly NOT trying to convince you of another faith - I am truly interested. Thanks in advance.
    Evangelical Christians like Waltero just can't resist damning anyone who doesn't believe like they do. He was welcome to post his thoughts on religion, but he decided to attack you instead. It might be just as well he didn't post his own religious thoughts since he is generally incoherent and not understandable. I think he has a Messiah complex.

Be advised the normal folks here appreciated your original post. Go with God, whoever she may be.

Jun 28, 2021, 11:14 PM
    Evangelical Christians like Waltero just can't resist damning anyone who doesn't believe like they do
    What do you see that is so "damning" (it's the a** kissing thing, isn't it)?
    Thank you - excellent reply
    I don't see it. Maybe you can explain, what makes his reply so "excellent"? Of course, my questions were far superior to yours, and I rated them "enjoyable". Your questions weren't all that, pfft (ah, now I get it).

My original intent was to find out if Tal's, god was simply an educational god or a god that dispensed wisdom.
    I rather enjoyed Tal's response. I saw two before he edited. No harm intended. I was having a bit of fun, but all my questions are sincere. I Might have guessed Tal would have just as much fun answering questions, as I had reading his response.

Clearly Athos, god doesn't have a sense of humor...ignore the first half of question #6.
    Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2021, 11:45 PM
    What do you see that is so "damning"?
    Here's what I see that is so damning. A sampling of your nastiness:

Great, now we have a size twelve Brain and know how to tie our Shoe...Now what???
    So, now that you have your shoe on, what's going to stop you from kicking it up the backside of somebody's arse
    It doesn't work.
    Does he/she whisper sweet nothings to you at night?
    Is this you, answering these questions, or is it god? how many more Questions are you/god going to answer???
    Does your god want to hold a dollar?
    Your need to debase the religion of others come from deep within you, Waldo/Waltero. You can cover it from others with Biblical gibberish, but you can't hide it from yourself. I'm sorry for you, but you bring it on yourself.

Jun 28, 2021, 11:57 PM
    Your need to debase the religion of others come from deep within you
    damning anyone who doesn't believe like they do.
    Who's talking religion? You are describing yourself!

Great, now we have a size twelve Brain and know how to tie our Shoe...Now, what???
    Education isn't going to fix anything.

Speaks for itself.
    So, now that you have your shoe on, what's going to stop you from kicking it up the backside of somebody's arse
    Knowledge/education, isn't going to tame the heart/soul.
    You mean talanimanizm?
    What would you call it? doesn't seem to bother Tal.
    He described a god of education/knowledge. Where's the Wisdom? Is there a need for it? Is his god (any god) capable of dispensing wisdom???

I am truly interested. Thanks in advance.
    Truly interested my Arse! My simple, seemingly silly questions show more interest.
    Ultra Member

Jun 29, 2021, 12:16 AM
    You are describing yourself! Who's talking religion? Education isn't going to fix anything.

Speaks for itself. Knowledge isn't going to tame the heart. doesn't seem to bother Tal. He described a god of education/knowledge. If there is a need for wisdom? does it exist?

Truly interested my Arse! My simple, seemingly silly questions show more interest.
    Go away, Walter. You contribute nothing, and you're not needed.

Jun 29, 2021, 12:28 AM
    Education is needed, but education in and of itself will not fix the problems we are facing.

Go away, Walter. You contribute nothing, and you're not needed.
    I do understand why you feel threatened by me. I believe I am needed...if not just for you.
    And you were doing so well, you are welcome to ignore more of me if you like.

Now, have a muffin and go to sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How Religious belief is founded [ 33 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with my religious belief and I'm not saying there isn't a higher power its just hard for me to see it in my life. I can easily see how someone who was not educated in Sunday school question god, but I've been going to Sunday school and what-not my entire life and...

View more questions Search