Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 06:40 AM
    Still waiting for your take on how your God wrote the Bible.
    Just gave it to you.

Most of all, you are under conviction of your need for Christ. I remember how that was.

I don't know what Fundie-speak is. Please tell us about "under conviction for Christ". And, as long as you brought it up, what do you remember?
    It's actually Jesus speak.

John 16:7-11 7But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    He has published several books which have sold millions of copies.
    He didn't write them nor did he publish them. And my books aren't "little". You'd need both hands to hold one of them.

Although, I am so surprised at all the good Trump did with his profits -- building neighborhoods of "tiny homes" for the homeless and residents of crime-ridden inner-city apartments, with his huge influence and great wealth establishing major grocery stores and family restaurants in those tiny-home neighborhoods, funding police departments to include social workers, establishing gun buy-back programs in US cities, and so much more! </sarcasm>
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 08:59 AM
    You said, "Now his hotels are failing." I said that is an untrue statement. In what way is that twisting and misstating your comment?
    Here's one (March 24, 2021):
    ***Donald Trump's namesake Washington, D.C. hotel has just been hit with another devastating, potentially deadly blow to business.
    The luxury travel agency Virtuoso just announced it will no longer list the hotel, or any of the Trump Organization’s properties for that matter, on its website.

A spokesperson for the agency confirmed that Trump Hotels is no longer a preferred partner with the company and so its properties have been scrubbed from its roster.***
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 09:00 AM
    Maybe he should have done like Harris and Biden and given a whopping 1 percent to charity.

so did I call you a liar? Are you willing to be honest and clear that up?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 09:07 AM
    so did I call you a liar? Are you willing to be honest and clear that up?
    You twisted my words and also changed what I had said when you quoted me.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2021, 10:38 AM
    Just gave it to you.
    No, you didn't. It's not necessary to lie, just tell the truth of what you believe, and spare us the Bible quotes. If you can't express the idea in your own words, that's answer enough that you have no idea how god wrote the bible.

It's actually Jesus speak.
    I asked you about Fundie-speak re "conviction in Christ" - your words. Still can't answer? I guess you forgot about what you said you remembered.

John 16:7-11
    7But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: 9about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
    A random Bible quote? In lieu of something to do with the discussion? You're REALLY getting desperate.
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 11:23 AM
    If the Bible can’t help you, then you have problems.

Wg , you can’t show where I twisted your words. I don’t think I’ve changed any of your quotes, but if you can point me to one, we can discuss it. Where did I call you a liar? Honest?? Will you be honest about that?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 11:34 AM
    Wg , you can’t show where I twisted your words. I don’t think I’ve changed any of your quotes, but if you can point me to one, we can discuss it. Where did I call you a liar? Honest?? Will you be honest about that?
    Your fake quoting of me in Post #28:
    "I would own 11 hotels too, but my husband wouldn't let me!"

What I really said in Post #27:
    "My husband refused to move to a different house."
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 11:46 AM
    You must be humor impaired.

where did I call you a liar?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 11:51 AM
    Wg , you can’t show where I twisted your words.

You must be humor impaired.
    Ah, I'M the one who's at fault and lacks humor when you twist my words!
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 11:53 AM
    You know better. The point was certainly valid.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 11:57 AM
    You know better. The point was certainly valid.
    No apology forthcoming because it's still MY fault. And no, your point was not valid at all.

Now, let's get back to the thread topic.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 26, 2021, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    So you are saying that they are going to war with Cohen and Weisselberg as their chief witness ?
    New York AG criminally investigating Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg (nbcnews.com)

Yeah I'm sure they will use his coming indictment as leverage to turn him. The reason that this won't go down and it is all theater is that if you go to trial for a criminal case ,you need to convince 12 juror's to unanimously find guilt beyond a reasonable doubt . Even in NY that is not likely .

The reason Vance is bringing this to Grand Jury is that he doesn't want to sole responsibility if the case is concluded with an acquittal .

More likely and safer for him will be when he charges the Trump organization and not Trump himself. The organization MAY be guilty of crimes and the jury MAY convict . But the more I think about it ,the less I believe Trump will be charged .

They claimed they had the proof in the Stormy Daniels charge and that went nowhere either in charges by the DA or by the FEC .

Meanwhile Vance has outsourced the investigation of the taxes to an outside organization ( FTI Consulting ) at tremendous expense to NY taxpayers
    I would imagine they can document whatever they present to a grand jury and corroborate witness statements. If not they will look awfully foolish. Almost as foolish as the dufus brigade claiming the election was stolen and the dufus is innocent of any wrong doing. maybe he is but given his history I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it. Doubt you would either.
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 12:56 PM
    At least it is now apparent that I did not call you a liar.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 02:00 PM
    At least it is now apparent that I did not call you a liar.
    "Goodness, WG. You're starting to sound foolish. Please stop. Honestly, it's difficult to watch."
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 02:57 PM
    Now you are lying. You said I called you a liar about publishing books. There’s nothing in your quote above about books and there’s nothing about me calling you a liar. Strikes one two and three all at once. Shame on you.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2021, 03:13 PM
    Now you are lying. You said I called you a liar about publishing books. There’s nothing in your quote above about books and there’s nothing about me calling you a liar. Strikes one two and three all at once. Shame on you.
    You said: "For WG to say she is on the same level business-wise as Trump is so bizarre that it defies description."

I didn't say that.
    Uber Member

May 26, 2021, 03:28 PM
    Your quote. "I've definitely accomplished far more and better than he ever has in public relations and in communications and in publishing. His "business" acumen is a joke. (Plus he doesn't know what the word "acumen" means.)" You said his business acumen is a joke, thus plainly implying that you know more than he does.

At any rate, enough of this sophomoric exchange. I did not call you a liar about publishing books, and you are too proud to admit it.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2021, 04:06 PM
    At any rate, enough of this sophomoric exchange. I did not call you a liar about publishing books, and you are too proud to admit it.
    Nice way to end a sophomoric exchange, by acting like a sophomore.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2021, 05:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You said: "For WG to say she is on the same level business-wise as Trump is so bizarre that it defies description."

I didn't say that.
    Not bizarre at all, any one who was gifted a million dollars by their family had a head start and it doesn't take much nouse to invest in property, Trump had the ability to convince people to lend him money, no great business acumen in that and he proved a lack of it by bankruptcy after bankruptcy which proves him a thief or a fool.

The people who have more business acumen than Trump are those who have made it on their own

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Real Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

Answering a question from CNN. https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-15bda7138a95a6fe60e0c75252783d0b

The Deterioration of Donald Trump [ 4 Answers ]

He becomes psychotic under certain conditions and is therefore harder to see than a full-blown psychotic who is always acting in an obviously strange manner. More and more, Trump is living in an alternate reality and is becoming more and more dangerous. His behavior is predicted to be...

Baltimore Sun to Donald Trump [ 140 Answers ]

After Trump's calling Baltimore's district a rodent and rat infested mess. The Baltimore Sun replied; "e would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful...

A Message To Donald Trump [ 11 Answers ]

Dear President Trump, In this country, we do not hand over American citizens to be interrogated by foreign adversaries. Yours, AMERICA It took this sorry excuse for a president THREE DAYS to figure that out after calling it an "incredible offer". There is a consensus among serious...

Donald Trump [ 3 Answers ]

Is it leagle for Donald Trump to drill for in the Alaska Artic animal refuge?

View more questions Search