Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2021, 05:37 AM
    Quid is the Putin stooge
    The US also lifted sanctions on the executive - an ally of Russia's Vladimir Putin - who leads the firm behind the Nord Stream 2 project.

The move came in a report on Russian sanctions delivered to Congress by the Department of State.

Critics say the pipeline is a major geopolitical prize for the Kremlin.

Nord Stream 2: Biden waives US sanctions on Russian pipeline - BBC News

Matthias Warnig is a former East Germany spy and Putin crony who the State Dept will admit to Congress is engaged in sanctionable activities . Still they will recommend that sanctions on him and his company be waived .

Sec State Blinken stated in testimony during confirmation that "I am determined to do whatever we can to prevent that completion" of Nord Stream 2."

These recommendations put the lie to that statement . The completion of Nord Stream 2 would be a major political win for Putin and would increase his leverage in Western Europe . As Putin has shown many times ;he has no problem cutting off energy supply to nations for political leverage .
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 22, 2021, 08:48 AM
    Another example of US policy sticking it's nose into something that really doesn't concern them.
    America are not the World Police and really should get their own house in order before pointing fingers at others.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2021, 02:40 PM
    The US should stop this cold war policy of sanctioning other nations
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2021, 01:56 AM
    One has to wonder what Putin has on Quid pro Joe . The administration's stated in February that it's policy was that Nord Stream 2 is a "bad deal "because it exposes Ukraine and Central Europe . His mouthpiece Jen Psaki also stated that any new pipeline carrying fossil fuel in Europe “goes against Europe’s own stated energy and security goals.” Domestically he stopped the construction of the XL extension because of his energy goals . Quid is rejoining the Paris accords, which the pipeline runs counter to it's goals .

And this comes shortly after the Russians are accused of a cyber-attack on a US pipeline that caused gas shortages throughout much of the US.

Do these waivers have anything to do with Sec State Blinken meeting with his Ruskie counterpart Sergey Lavrov in Iceland ?

And what does the 5th column ....oops I mean 4th estate report about ? The lead was that the US does not want to buy Greenland .

What Blinken is doing in Iceland is the equivalent of the emperor and Evita's "reset" effort . Waiving sanctions on a former Stasi agent and Putin crony is a small step in that effort .

“Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin can reinvigorate U.S.-Russia relations that have been in a deep freeze for years.”
    Biden Has a Second Chance at Russia Reset - Bloomberg

What would all the TDS sufferers have bellowed if it was Trump waiving these sanctions ? We are still told the lie that Trump was a Russian asset . As such Trump must've been a disappointment to the Kremlin.
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2021, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post

What would all the TDS sufferers have bellowed if it was Trump waiving these sanctions ? We are still told the lie that Trump was a Russian asset . As such Trump must've been a disappointment to the Kremlin.
    All American presidents are a disappointment to the Kremlin, for cyber attacks I would look to the Chinese.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 23, 2021, 09:34 PM
    One has to wonder what Putin has on Quid pro Joe .

What would all the TDS sufferers have bellowed if it was Trump waiving these sanctions ? We are still told the lie that Trump was a Russian asset .
    Typical right-wing reversal strategy. Whatever is charged against Trump, turn it around and charge the same thing against Biden. From the playbook of Trump's mentor, Roy Cohn.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2021, 02:32 AM
    ok then how do you explain that only a couple of months ago Quid's position was that the pipeline was against US policy ;that it was bad both for strategic and environmental reasons ? Quid is keeping sanctions on all other entities involved in the pipeline construction ,including 13 Russian ships , EXCEPT for Putin's crony .
    You know and I know that if this were Trump ,every Dem from Madam Mim to Adam Schiff-head to All Out Crazy would be screaming from the highest roof top that this is proof that Trump is Putin's poodle .
    Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, (Dem NH) said, “Completion of this pipeline poses a threat to U.S. security interests and the stability of our partners in the region.”

Jen Psaki said
    "The Biden Administration has been clear that the Nord Stream 2 pipeline is a Russian geopolitical project that threatens European energy security and that of Ukraine and eastern flank NATO Allies and partners,” “We continue to examine entities involved in potentially sanctionable activity and have made it clear that companies risk sanctions if they are involved in Nord Stream 2.”

Assuming that she is stating Quid's policies accurately , the contradiction needs more explanation .
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2021, 04:26 AM
    What would all the TDS sufferers have bellowed if it was Trump waiving these sanctions ?[/Q We are still told the lie that Trump was a Russian asset . As such Trump must've been a disappointment to the Kremlin.
    The sanctions were in the planning stages and Trump did nothing to withdraw them. They were a threat to make Germany buy US "fracked" gas.

During Trump's administration the pipeline reached 90% completion.

Trump ruined the relationship between the US and its NATO allies, especially Germany.

Dropping the never-implemented plan for sanctions is a move by Biden to restore good relations with our NATO allies, especially Germany.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2021, 05:07 AM
    They were a threat to make Germany buy US "fracked" gas.
    lol and here I thought Merkel got rid of nukes so Germany could go totally green .

Germany will be forever beholden to Russian energy . As you know ,the Russians have no problem cutting off their energy supply as a political bludgeon .

Frankly Germany would indeed be better off with American fracked natural gas . I propose that il duce end his moratoriums on fracking in NY and his effective bans on pipeline construction . Then NYS gas could be piped to Europe under the Atlantic to the continent .
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2021, 05:33 AM
    lol and here I thought Merkel got rid of nukes so Germany could go totally green
    ??? Merkel refused to buy the fracked gas.

Germany will be forever beholden to Russian energy . As you know ,the Russians have no problem cutting off their energy supply as a political bludgeon
    With restored and improved relations between the US and NATO, Germany has a formidable defense against any Russian bludgeons.

Frankly Germany would indeed be better off with American fracked natural gas . I propose that il duce end his moratoriums on fracking in NY and his effective bans on pipeline construction . Then NYS gas could be piped to Europe under the Atlantic to the continent .
    I'm sure all parties involved will immediately drop everything and consider your proposal.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 24, 2021, 11:04 AM
    I must say after the last 4 years I can give old Joe plenty of running room to clean up the mess YOU guys made of things and build back better...without the help of conservatives who screwed the whole world up, and still holler about what a great job they did!

What a fine job they did of screwing things up and making a huge mess!
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2021, 02:33 PM
    Your opinion, what should they have done in the face of aggression?
    Expert

May 25, 2021, 12:11 PM
    Could you be more specific? What should WHO have done against WHOM's aggression?
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2021, 02:27 PM
    where have you been we are discussing the withdrawal of sanctions
    Expert

May 25, 2021, 03:32 PM
    We ramble through many subjects on this forum Clete. Sanctions are most effective when you have allies that honor them.
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2021, 03:47 PM
    as I recall that is what doomed the UN sponsored Oil for Food program. Too many on the take including the UN Sec General's family .Whatever happened to Kojo ? Probably the same as Hunter .
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2021, 02:56 AM
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2021, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    We ramble through many subjects on this forum Clete. Sanctions are most effective when you have allies that honor them.
    Do your own dirty work, if you impose sanctions why should we follow you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2021, 09:01 AM
    well let's put it this way . Maybe the Iraq war doesn't happen if entities like AWB wasn't violating the provisions .
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2021, 09:30 PM
    Your sanctions are good for your business not ours, being allies doesn't mean we slavishly follow your lead and in any case saddam was a master at getting around your sanctions, Food should not be subject to sanctions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Putin Puts Bounty On US Soldiers [ 28 Answers ]

20 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan as Russia orchestrated hit squads and put a cash bounty on lives of American GIs. It is unknown which or how many of the 20 were killed for that reason. Trump knew perfectly well what Putin was doing. Trump did nothing for two months until he...

Is Trump really Putin's poodle ? [ 9 Answers ]

consider the facts ...... Investment money that began to flow into Russia in anticipation of better relations between the US and Russian has begun to withdraw. The Russian economy is in the doldrums . Trump has not eased any sanctions ,and his favorable oil and natural gas policies have really...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

A Vote for Obama or Putin? [ 28 Answers ]

Very much a Patriot said to me the other day: "If I could only vote for one person and my choice was between Obama and Putin, I would have to vote for Putin". When I asked why, they replied "at least Putin is not trying to ruin his country". I have to agree somewhat, Putin is trying to rebuild...

View more questions Search