Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2021, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    side issue, you are fixated on side issues
    We call them conspiracy theories Clete, or lies for the foolish to distract from the truth.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2021, 08:19 PM
    Yes some believe, some of it is actually truth, but of no consequence. It made a good argument in the campaign, but the campaign is over
    Expert

Jun 18, 2021, 09:17 PM
    The last campaign is over, but the next one has started already.
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2021, 05:40 AM
    with a short electoral cycle this is ever so
    Expert

Jun 20, 2021, 12:16 PM
    That's about all we can stand from elected leaders.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2021, 03:43 PM
    Yes but you don't change many they are entrenched
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

Jun 20, 2021, 05:46 PM
    Yes but you don't change many they are entrenched
    You seen one you've seen them all (talking about Politicians). Nobody lives as they do. It's not real life. They might enter with good intentions but it is short-lived.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2021, 07:50 PM
    Yes reality sets in and idealism goes out the window
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2021, 02:23 PM
    So Quid and Putin meet. Quid brings up ransomware that is generating from Russia . He give Putty a list of attacks he would not tolerate .
    Evidently one of them is Not the RNC's 3rd party provider Synnex ( done by the infamous 'CozyBear ' linked to the Russian government ).

Putin tested Quid and Quid's response has been weak.

Quid is Putin's stooge and the compliant press and the hi tech sites are covering it up as much as they can.

May 7 The Colonial Pipeline was forced to shut down after 'DarkSide' a Russian linked hacker demanded a $4.4 million ransom payment. The shutdown of this pipeline led to massive fuel shortages on the East Coast of the United States and gas lines not seen since the Carter administration. The ransom was paid .

May 20, Quid announces the lifting sanctions on the Nord Stream II pipeline, and CEO Matthias Warnig, a Putin crony .

June 3, Russian hacker , 'REvil ' (Cozy Bear ) , attacks the US meat supplier JBS, which shut down its operations in the United States, Canada and Australia I'm betting the ransom was paid also.

June 16, Quid and Putin summit .

Two days later the United States froze a military aid package to Ukraine that included defensive weapons as Russia was amassing troops on the Ukraine border .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2021, 02:56 PM
    I get the uneasy feeling that the Russkies are probing us right now, trying to see how we respond, what works and doesn't work, and getting ready for a much bigger effort. Might not be true, but it does look that way.

I've always thought it was amusing that anyone could have thought that the Russians wanted to see Trump get in rather than HC. I'd MUCH rather take on HC or Robinette Biden than Trump if I was a foreign power.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2021, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I'd MUCH rather take on HC or Robinette Biden than Trump if I was a foreign power.
    Flatter tRump and he's all yours.
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2021, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    June 16, Quid and Putin summit .

Two days later the United States froze a military aid package to Ukraine that included defensive weapons as Russia was amassing troops on the Ukraine border .
    Nonsense.

The military aid was paused after Putin announced he would reduce the military build-up on Ukraine's border. The pause was BEFORE the Biden-Putin summit, not two days after.

The White House Friday afternoon disputed the characterization of the aid: "The idea that we have held back security assistance to Ukraine is nonsense. Just last week—in the run-up to the U.S.-Russia Summit—we provided a $150 million package of security assistance, including lethal assistance," press secretary Jen Psaki said in a statement.
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2021, 03:25 PM
    Well if Jen Psaki said it, then I'm sure it is indisputably true. (much sarcasm intended)
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2021, 03:35 PM
    Right 2 days before not after . Ukraine says Russia has not withdrawn .
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2021, 03:40 PM
    Same date as this source.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/whi...package-report

Flatter tRump and he's all yours.
    You must be living with your eyes closed. Trump was criticized for putting trade restrictions on the Chinese. Under the Trump admin, we became energy independent for the first time in who knows how long.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2021, 03:47 PM
    nothing about the Russian cyber hacks ?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2021, 04:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    nothing about the Russian cyber hacks ?
    Biden today said "Yes" to "Is something being done" (paraphrased).

My suggestion if Biden asks me is to do the same to them - Hack the s**t out of their "lights" - I assume that means their electric grid.

I'll stay by my phone in case he calls.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 9, 2021, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Under the Trump admin, we became energy independent for the first time in who knows how long.
    But no thanks to him who doesn't understand how "stupid" wind turbines work and doesn't believe in global warming because he himself feels cool breezes.
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2021, 04:26 PM
    No thanks to him? It happened under his admin. Robinette B then comes along and stupidly cancels the Keystone project. Thanks a lot. Wind turbines are stupid. They are non-competitive cost-wise and...ahem...don't work when those cool breezes are not blowing.
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2021, 05:05 PM
    Get your head out of where the sun don't shine JL, wind turbines are only part of renewables solution, but advantageously placed they can be highly efficiency, unlike solar which can only ever be 50% efficient at best, but in order to solve the northern hemisphere problem of "AGW" they have been used to good effect in places with abundant wind and sunshine. There is an electricity grid for a reason. The big problem for both is they give twenty years at best unlike hydro which is a century long project. The Keystone project transports the most polluting carbon based energy on the planet so not really a good idea and anyway its Canadian oil, let them build their own refineries, they might be ultra competitive

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Putin Puts Bounty On US Soldiers [ 28 Answers ]

20 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan as Russia orchestrated hit squads and put a cash bounty on lives of American GIs. It is unknown which or how many of the 20 were killed for that reason. Trump knew perfectly well what Putin was doing. Trump did nothing for two months until he...

Is Trump really Putin's poodle ? [ 9 Answers ]

consider the facts ...... Investment money that began to flow into Russia in anticipation of better relations between the US and Russian has begun to withdraw. The Russian economy is in the doldrums . Trump has not eased any sanctions ,and his favorable oil and natural gas policies have really...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

A Vote for Obama or Putin? [ 28 Answers ]

Very much a Patriot said to me the other day: "If I could only vote for one person and my choice was between Obama and Putin, I would have to vote for Putin". When I asked why, they replied "at least Putin is not trying to ruin his country". I have to agree somewhat, Putin is trying to rebuild...

View more questions Search