Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2021, 03:21 AM
    The price of oil has surged under Green New Quid's policies ;up to $75/bbl . This of course drives up the costs of everything associated with getting goods to market .
    We are also experiencing droughts in all the wheat producing places of the world . Not good news for the folks who depend on bread at reasonable prices to feed their families . But if you are an investor in the commodities market .... bet on wheat .

Great job Quid ! For years the American goal was energy independence . We are on the verge of realizing it and the only thing preventing it is Democrat utopian visions .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2021, 04:54 AM
    wind turbines are only part of renewables solution, but advantageously placed they can be highly efficiency, unlike solar which can only ever be 50% efficient at best, but in order to solve the northern hemisphere problem of "AGW" they have been used to good effect in places with abundant wind and sunshine. There is an electricity grid for a reason. The big problem for both is they give twenty years at best unlike hydro which is a century long project. The Keystone project transports the most polluting carbon based energy on the planet so not really a good idea and anyway its Canadian oil, let them build their own refineries, they might be ultra competitive
    Sorry, but that's a really poor post. We all know electrical grids are there for a reason. Solar is not even under discussion. Coal is the most polluting carbon based energy and Keystone did not move coal. Wind only makes sense because our out of money government subsidizes it. As to letting Canada refine it's own oil, that's completely ridiculous. Why would we want to give business away in that manner? That's the Australian model as the graph below shows.

It gets old having to constantly correct your inaccurate posts, so try doing some research ahead of time. You'll look less foolish that way. I realize you have a burr under your saddle about me for whatever reason, but your knee-jerk responses in trying to be offensive are childish. Why not address the points rather than the person?

You don't want to give Aussie land a bad name since you've got enough problems over there as it is as the graph below shows. It's surprising you can't see the dangers for your national security in that information.

We don't want to become like you.

https://theconversation.com/australi...he-globe-97070

paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2021, 07:03 AM
    I am well aware of the national security issue surrounding oil which is political because the greenies/lefties won't allow exploration, we have plenty of oil we just can't drill it, yet and yes we have allowed old inefficient refineries to close just as we have allowed old inefficient coal fired generation to close and you know what replaced it? that wind and solar you think so poorly of
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2021, 07:29 AM
    that wind and solar you think so poorly of
    You mean the solar YOU also think so poorly of? " unlike solar which can only ever be 50% efficient at best." At any rate, wind and solar cannot replace petroleum products unless you are using a seriously high number of electric vehicles, and I very much doubt that is the case. It can replace coal fired power plants, but petrol products are not typically used to produce electricity. Besides, the graph above shows that you did not replace your refinery losses with solar/wind. You replaced their production with increased imports. It is very, very clear. Your electrical production from solar is still relatively small (5% or so) and wind is only around 10%, so your statement is simply not true.

The Chicoms could shutdown your energy imports for a few weeks and you'd be in a bind. It is why we should be eternally grateful to have become energy independent. It's why the Keystone project should be restarted tomorrow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quid pro quo to vote for joe [ 11 Answers ]

Nanny Bloomy pays felons fines so they can vote in Florida https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/597#:~:text=Expenditures%20to%20influence%20voting,-U.S.%20Code&text=Shall%20be%20fined%20under%20this,than%20two%20years%2C%20or%20both.

Putin Puts Bounty On US Soldiers [ 28 Answers ]

20 American soldiers were killed in Afghanistan as Russia orchestrated hit squads and put a cash bounty on lives of American GIs. It is unknown which or how many of the 20 were killed for that reason. Trump knew perfectly well what Putin was doing. Trump did nothing for two months until he...

Is Trump really Putin's poodle ? [ 9 Answers ]

consider the facts ...... Investment money that began to flow into Russia in anticipation of better relations between the US and Russian has begun to withdraw. The Russian economy is in the doldrums . Trump has not eased any sanctions ,and his favorable oil and natural gas policies have really...

The Coming Trump/Putin Administration [ 14 Answers ]

Trump being Putin's boy, what can we expect from the Trump/Putin administration on the international scene during the first year of their joint presidency?

A Vote for Obama or Putin? [ 28 Answers ]

Very much a Patriot said to me the other day: "If I could only vote for one person and my choice was between Obama and Putin, I would have to vote for Putin". When I asked why, they replied "at least Putin is not trying to ruin his country". I have to agree somewhat, Putin is trying to rebuild...

View more questions Search