Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minibike6969 Posts: 78, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2021, 02:23 PM
    concrete fountain
    hi i'm trying to build a one piece concrete box fountain and what i mean by box is one box on top of the other box,so i want to cast it in one piece but dont know how to build the forms to do that nor do i know how to do the floor of the box plz help
    Attached Images

InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2021, 01:35 AM
    I'm not entirely sure I fully understand the question, what is the application of this?

I can see the box in the first image, the second looks like half a pyramid.

If this were a house or shed foundation, it may well look like the first image.

You would pour that in 2 or 3 phases, the outside footers would be poured first (but going down underneath the slab 2' or more).

Then you would pour the slab right on the gravel floor after the forms are removed. This is often done with the rebar positioned prior, as not to have to tie anything in between the 2 pours.

Something like this.
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2021, 01:42 AM
    If you're just trying to make a box for another application, you would form something like this:

Except, lowering the center part of the form, maybe by one run of 2x4, and then placing a piece of plywood over the center hole. It would have to be poured upside-down, then flipped after curing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a water fountain [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 3 tierer water fountain @ work. We thought if was clogged last week so we put some drano in it to unclog it and left it off until the 4th of July. It seemed to work for a couple of days; thought it got clogged again so we put algea cleaner in it. We have it plugged in and the breaker keeps...

Concrete fountain repair leak prior to applying ceramic tile. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2 piece concrete oval shaped base on my patio fountain, it has a 2 tiered pack panel that set in one long side of the base. It's approx. 5 years old and has developed leaks in numerous places in the base bowl and in the back panel. I would like to know what sealant (brushable preffered)...

Concrete water fountain crumbling [ 3 Answers ]

We have a concrete water fountain and the bowl is starting to crumble (underneath) I was wondering if it is worthwhile trying to patch/repair it or replace it. I am thinking of concrete patch material, although I know I won't be able to duplicate the pattern on the bowl considering it is...

Repair concrete water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a large 3 tiered concrete water fountain (4 foot diameter of bottom tier) that leaks in the bottom tier. I left it uncovered last winter and it got a large crack in the bottom tier. I have tried to fix it with concrete patch stuff but it didn't hold up and started leaking again. The...

The Fountain--opinions [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone here see this hyped up smörgåsbord of a film? If you haven't don't. It's a sequence of confusing short scenes which flip back and forth from future to past to present and back again so fast your head won't spin--it will literally unscrew itself from your shoulders. No sooner are you...

View more questions Search