Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yazan4445 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2021, 07:58 PM
    Need help to correct my english
    Hello everyone

I have just started working at a Turkish international school, and i need an advice to correct this letter i wrote. since i am new i do not want to make mistakes, though its common because here in Turkey, we do not study English in an advanced way.

On to the question: I am trying to explain that this student entered our school but he did not pass any of his courses. I wanted to include that he paid his fees for the school year, and that we offer him a 50% discount because of medical condition that he delivered doctor papers to us. Its just a confirmation letter. I will copy and past what i wrote and i appreciate any help and advice if there should be some changes :)

This letter is to confirm that Mr Bla Bla Bla, although attended his BA Global Management
    (Marketing) programme in the academic year 2020/21, failed to pass any of his program
    courses.

We also confirm that Mr Bla paid the full tuition fees of $21,000.00

Due to his previous medical condition that had an impact on his studies, we would like to offer
    Mr Bla 50% discount for the 2021/2 academic year.

Thanks in advance everyone
    RandomPerson36 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2021, 10:02 AM
    Hi yazan,

Sorry I'm late to this, but overall your letter sounds good! However, if you want some constructive criticism:

1. Typically, a formal letter begins with a heading, such as "Dear [X]" or "To Whom It May Concern" followed by a comma (,) and then the body of the letter starts on the next line. It also has an official closing and signature, such as "Sincerely, [X]" so that the reader knows who wrote the letter without having to look at the address.

2. When you wrote "2021/2" as the academic year, saying "2021/2022" instead might make things clearer as some places I've seen use the slash (/) to represent which semester the year is (i.e., 2021/2 could sometimes mean the second semester or spring of 2021 instead of the year 2022). I'm not sure how schools work in Turkey though so this might just sound nit-picky.

If you sent the letter as you pasted in this post though I'm sure it was fine as everything makes sense and is clear to the point. Good luck with your new job!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why the use of correct English Grammar is so important? [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know whether it is really important to learn grammar in order to learn any language specially English. If there is no any other way?

Sanskrit english translation correct or not ty! [ 1 Answers ]

उनित्य इस स्त्रेङ्ग्तः UNITY IS STRENGTH ळ्टी CELTIC ळ wolf डीण्श्र उनिते उस अल्ल् DIFFERENCES UNITE US ALL औतुंन AUTUMN बलचक् चात BLACK CAT

Below english sentence is it correct [ 0 Answers ]

We will inform you once we get the answer from agent.

Correct English version [ 33 Answers ]

I happen to read few scriptures online and at one website, I could see a specific verse in 5 different version. The message and the meaning of the verse was the same, yet the words were not the exact. Which version of the Bible is nearest to accuracy to the very original Bible?

Correct English [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I'm writing a bit of an essay at the moment, I was just wondering if someone could help me out of my writer's block? If I am the administrator of a server, do I administer it or do I administrate it? :confused: Sorry, complete brain fart I know! Thanks everyone!

View more questions Search