Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2021, 07:18 PM
    The ME erupts
    recent days have seen Hamas rain rockets on Israel and Israel retaliates raining destruction on Gaza and why, it seems Israeli actions in ejecting Palestinians from properties in east Jerusalem are at the root of the violence, and yet were these people actually Palestinians. It seems any excuse is reason to rain rockets on Israel and you have to ask where did these rockets come from? Surely Palestinians don't possess arms factories

Will America defend Israel or the Palestinians?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 13, 2021, 04:09 AM
    Will America defend Israel or the Palestinians?
    Will Australia?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 04:48 AM
    This is what happens when the Administration favors the messianic homicidal butchers of Iran, and uses the failed narrative that there can be no solution in the ME without the Palestinians . Quid's regime is back to that emperor and Bush model that there has to be a 2 state solution and that the Palestinians should have a place at the table. Well yes they should when they have responsible leadership and not the kleptocratic pseudo-elected for life Abbas .
    Uber Member

May 13, 2021, 05:29 AM
    New word of the week: kleptocratic. Had to look that one up. Well done!
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Will Australia?
    Actually not our fight but we have always had good relations with Israel
    Uber Member

May 13, 2021, 08:01 AM
    Thank goodness, then, that we are, and have been willing for decades to make it our fight. You can make a great argument that if not for the United States, Israel would not have survived.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 03:20 PM
    I think they are demonstrating a will to survive right now, they are taking the fight to Hamas, which afterall is just an Iranian proxy. Interesting this should flare up when there are negotiations with Iran
    Uber Member

May 13, 2021, 03:37 PM
    I admire Israel far more than any other nation. It is an area of concern that Biden and Kerry will throw them out the door. Say what you want about Trump, but Israel loved him and with good reason.
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 03:44 PM
    Interesting this should flare up when there are negotiations with Iran
    Terror is a tried and true negotiating tactic affecting the wet noodle spine leaders the most .
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2021, 06:50 PM
    Yes the war on terror had the wrong target from the Israeli point of view
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2021, 10:05 PM
    You know I have to ask again, where did the Palestinians in Gaza get 3,000 rockets?

https://www.news.com.au/world/middle...a363c350fe788d

If Gaza is closed off and the borders controlled then serious questions must be asked about Egyptian involvement in the current circumstances
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 02:13 AM
    The rockets have 'made in Iran 'written all over them . They get smuggled in from Sudan through Sinai . Yes Egypt does not have total control of Sinai .

For a while that route was shut off due to the Abraham Accords . Then Quid became President .Although remaining a party to the Abraham Accords and expanding them would probably win Quid the Nobel Peace Prize, it would put him in the partisan doghouse for the crime of failing to kill something Trump created..
    He restored the cash payment of $ 235 million to the Palestinians last month . Now they had the cash and the smuggling route reopened .
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    He restored the cash payment of $ 235 million to the Palestinians last month . Now they had the cash and the smuggling route reopened .
    The bulk of the funds went to the UN for its humanitarian work providing food and medicine to Palestinians - funds which Trump had refused to release to the UN.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 05:11 AM
    uh yeah . Money becomes fungible . I wouldn't give a dime to the carelessly bloated mismanaged corrupt and unaccountable Unrwa It is one of the U.N.'s most perverse, destructive creations. In Gaza it essentially functions as Hamas's bankroll .Hamas siphons aid money for terrorism funding by placing it's operatives on Unrwa payroll. Of it's 30,000 employees ,most are Palestinian . It is basically the payroll for Hamas .That frees up other money they get for the purpose of buying rockets and digging tunnels into Israel.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I wouldn't give a dime to the carelessly bloated mismanaged corrupt and unaccountable Unrwa It is one of the U.N.'s most perverse, destructive creations. In Gaza it essentially functions as Hamas's bankroll .Hamas siphons aid money for terrorism funding
    That's your opinion.

frees up other money they get for the purpose of buying rockets and digging tunnels into Israel.
    Maybe they wouldn't have to buy rockets if the Israelis didn't evict the Palestinians from their own property in East Jerusalem as they did the past week.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 06:03 AM
    not opinion . It is a mutual relationship . There is no Unrwa without a "refugee " issue. There is zero incentive for them to solve the issue . It keeps 30,000 people employed ....mostly Palestinians beholden to Hamas .
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    That's your opinion.

Maybe they wouldn't have to buy rockets if the Israelis didn't evict the Palestinians from their own property in East Jerusalem as they did the past week.
    Are you trying to justify what is basically an attack with heavy weapons on a civilian population because of a few evictions. It is not a proportional response
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 06:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Are you trying to justify what is basically an attack with heavy weapons on a civilian population because of a few evictions. It is not a proportional response
    No, the Israeli response initiated the rioting and fighting because the Palestinians were being beaten by the Israeli police. The Israeli response with their jet aircrarft destroying civilian centers in Gaza including dozens of children wasn't proportional either.
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 07:24 AM
    What do you think is proportional to the launching of 3,000 rockets? You try to justify the Palestinian violence. I think the Israeli conquered the West Bank and Gaza and gave it back to the Palestinians who are never satisfied, and never will be satisfied. It is a pattern repeated all over the world. A conquered people never accepts the conquerer. Each time the arabs took on Israel they lost more territory and still they don't get it. I don't think they have much between the ears
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2021, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Palestinians who are never satisfied, and never will be satisfied.
    Of course they're not satisfied. Would you be satisfied if someone came into your home and kicked you out?

Each time the arabs took on Israel they lost more territory and still they don't get it.
    They get that their homeland was taken by Israel.

I don't think they have much between the ears
    I don't think you do either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mid East erupts, and so does Romney [ 129 Answers ]

Hello: First off, why don't we shut that guy up down in Florida? Maybe our First Amendment is causing the Middle East to melt down... But, on to my post... Did Romney shoot himself in the foot? Should he have mouthed off before he knew the facts? Didn't he know that when American is...

Toilet - Main Siphon Jet erupts with bubbles [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a 6 year old toilet and in the past 5 months it has not been operating properly. Sometimes (but rarely) we get a good flush but most of the time a LARGE amount of air comes from the front of the toilet's main siphon jet and then no actual siphon occurs. I can get it to flush easily if I...

View more questions Search