Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waltero View Post
    The SSA estimates that it made about $7.9 billion worth of improper payments in total during the 2019 fiscal year.
    Your point?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 9, 2021, 08:16 PM
    Freedom or an Athos imposed, compulsory "We'll take care of you" social program. I think I'll take freedom.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Freedom or an Athos imposed, compulsory
    It's already in effect. Why would you need me to impose it?

"We'll take care of you" social program. I think I'll take freedom.
    Your freedom would cost millions to be in poverty in their old age. I must ask you this: Why are white evangelicals so unfeeling about others when the clear Christian message is a preferable option for the poor as outlined in the Gospels?

I don't need to provide verses. As a Bible expert, you should know them by heart.
    waltero Posts: 620, Reputation: 5

May 9, 2021, 08:54 PM
    The SSA estimates that it made about $7.9 billion worth of improper payments in total during the 2019 fiscal year.
    You call that a failure?
    YES! (my point)
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 08:58 PM
    YES! (my point)
    Why is that a failure? Surely you're not referring to the whole social security program? Or are you? If so, why?

May 9, 2021, 09:04 PM
    Currently, nearly 70 million Americans receive social security benefits. You call that a failure?
    The whole social security program, is doomed for failure.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2021, 09:11 PM
    The whole social security program, is doomed for failure.
    Why? If you have a job, you pay into it as does the company you work for.

May 9, 2021, 09:17 PM
    Do you actually think anybody under the age of 57 is ever going to receive a Social Security check?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 9, 2021, 09:23 PM
    Do you actually think anybody under the age of 57 is ever going to receive a SSC check?
    If disabled, yes. You are allowed to claim retirement SS starting at age 62.

May 9, 2021, 09:33 PM
    Why? If you have a job, you pay into it as does the company you work for.
    The Government steals from Social security to pay for other sh*T. Social security has to barrow money to stay afloat.
    They will go Broke (again) in 2028

$7.9 billion worth of improper payments
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 10:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post

Your freedom would cost millions to be in poverty in their old age. I must ask you this: Why are white evangelicals so unfeeling about others when the clear Christian message is a preferable option for the poor as outlined in the Gospels?

Athos it has nothing to do with being a Christian and a great deal with being a Republican, with that political view, that no one is entitled to anything, a work 'til you drop philosophy. When politics intervenes, that is self interest intervenes, good works go out the window unless served by political advantage
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 11:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Athos it has nothing to do with being a Christian and a great deal with being a Republican, with that political view, that no one is entitled to anything, a work 'til you drop philosophy. When politics intervenes, that is self interest intervenes, good works go out the window unless served by political advantage
    If I understand you, the Republican philosophy of greedy self-interest is responsible for ignoring the poor in society, not Christians. To a certain degree, I agree with you. However, I believe the Republican cult is filled mostly with the white evangelicals I mentioned.

I also believe this is the main subgroup supporting Trump and his "Big Lie" that the election was rigged. What I fail to understand is how any large group of Christians could possibly believe Trump after 4 years of obvious proven lies and a piggish life of immorality (amorality?).
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 11:35 PM
    The Government steals from Social security to pay for other sh*T. Social security has to barrow money to stay afloat. They will go Broke (again) in 2028
    If that's what you believe, what are you as a Christian doing to avoid that happening with its disastrous effect on the poor and the marginalized and the disabled?

$7.9 billion worth of improper payments
    You are repeating this, but not saying why. You are certainly implying that this means the entire SS program is bad. You are using a slogan to defame the program without a word of explanation. "Improper payments" is a complex issue which cannot have justice done to it in the confines of a Q&A site.

To discover what the phrase really means, anyone (including you) can google the phrase and discover all the aspects of it. You will learn that, unlike your implication, it has nothing to do with bad management by the Social Security employees.

I'm a bit surprised you did something so devious.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2021, 06:11 AM
    Social security has to barrow money to stay afloat. They will go Broke (again) in 2028
    SS is currently solvent and, in fact, uses its surplus to fund other reckless, insane federal spending initiatives. But you are correct in saying that a day of reckoning is coming. The exact year is a subject of debate, but our current crop of self-serving, corrupt, narcissistic pols have no interest in taking the necessary steps to fix it, so we'll just continue to hobble along until the dam actually breaks and then try to figure out how to somehow survive.

May 10, 2021, 06:49 AM
    Why work when the government will give you freebees for not working
    Those who receive SSA,APA, welfare etc. act as if they finally made it in life. Why be bothered with work when you don't have to?
    Those who spent years in College, no desire to work, taking advantage of the 'Free money" that is offered, becoming professional students. Unwed Mothers, encouraged to go on welfare, perpetuating their current position. Mothers not wanting their children to leave home and get a job! Young adults thinking they need just show up and collect a paycheck, not willing to lift a finger! Won't work for less thn $15hr, wanting to make the big bucks right of the bat. Never giving a ****

Gimme, gimme, gimme, all for sale!
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2021, 07:02 AM
    Those who receive SSA,APA, welfare etc. act as if they finally made it in life. Why be bothered with work when you don't have to?
    Those who spent years in College, no desire to work, taking advantage of the 'Free money" that is offered, becoming professional students. Unwed Mothers, encouraged to go on welfare, perpetuating their current position. Mothers not wanting there children to leave home and get a job! Young adults thinking they need just show up and collect a paycheck, not willing to lift a finger! Won't work for less thn $15hr, wanting to make the big bucks right of the bat.
    See my post #53. That post is what you should reply to, not the above piece of rambling wild accusations. The vitriol in the above is remarkable for one who espouses a religious faith.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2021, 07:14 AM
    Won't work for less thn $15hr, wanting to make the big bucks right of the bat. Never giving a ****

Gimme, gimme, gimme, all for sale!
    You speak as though taking a minimum wage job is a privilege and $15 an hour is big bucks. You forget that the people you speak of are in the minority and victims of circumstance, even if sometimes it is of their own making. There are employers who won't give some a chance, prejudging them

May 10, 2021, 07:18 AM
    See my post #53. That post is what you should reply to
    I'd rather stick with the Topic. But thanks for asking.

Those who spent years in College, no desire to work, taking advantage of the 'Free money" that is offered, becoming professional students. Unwed Mothers, encouraged to go on welfare, perpetuating their current position. Mothers not wanting their children to leave home and get a job! Young adults thinking they need just show up and collect a paycheck, not willing to lift a finger! Won't work for less thn $15hr, wanting to make the big bucks right of the bat. Never giving a ****
    Wooohoo! I got my welfare, I finally made it!!!
    This is what our Government is creating.

May 10, 2021, 07:39 AM
    You speak as though taking a minimum wage job is a privilege
    I've worked for far less. It might go better for those who are looking for a Job, to think of it as being a privilege?
    Nobody want's to work. I say open the Borders, I know some people wanting to work!
    Uber Member

May 10, 2021, 07:42 AM
    Wooohoo! I got my welfare, I finally made it!!!
    This is what our Government is creating.
    Exactly correct.

Anyone willing to work now can walk into practically any store or business in our area and start at twelve to fifteen dollars an hour. Get two jobs. Work sixty hours a week if need be, but take care of yourself and don't become a leech sucking the financial blood of others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Government should give unemployment allowance to the unemployed people till they get [ 7 Answers ]

Government should give unemployment allowance to the unemployed people till they get a job the argument in favour or against

Your government at work [ 5 Answers ]

On March 22, the Compost reported that federal workers in an underground cave are still processing retirement papers by hand. Inside a Pennsylvania limestone mine 230 feet below the earth, 600 employees of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) process retirement papers for government workers....

Government Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

In older countries outside the USA, how long did it take before the people rose up and took a bad government into their own hands?

Can you work for the government with a misdemeanor [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get a job working for the FBI or some other government agency as a criminal psychologist if I have a petty theft misdemeanor on my record from when I was 19? I am about to start school, I am 33 now, and don't want to waste my time or money if I can't use my degree. Thanks

How I record a Land and building that the government give to a company? [ 2 Answers ]

The government give to the company the land and the building. I recognized the Asset in DR but what have in CR. Because if the company close have to return the land and the building to the sponsor. I do in cr long term liability but don't recognized the income and the PL don't show the amount of...

View more questions Search