Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 8, 2021, 07:58 AM
    "crisis" is over . There were 2 spikes in deaths ;in April of last year and January this year . The US responded to the "crisis" by using genius of those evil greedy Big Parma companies to create vaccines in record times . Mission accomplished .
    It's amazing how some people resist good news. Could it be because the bad news is so wonderfully useful in a political sense?
    Athos Posts: 1,108, Reputation: 55
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2021, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Could it be because the bad news is so wonderfully useful in a political sense?
    No, because the crisis is ongoing. To end all safeguards now would be a disaster. Herd immunity is the goal.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2021, 08:12 AM
    I thought you were talking about the crisis at the southern border at first. Too much to hope for, I guess.
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2021, 08:21 AM
    I thought you were talking about the crisis at the southern border at first.
    No, your comment referred to the vaccine.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2021, 12:34 PM
    I was being sarcastic. I knew it would be too much to hope for to see a liberal dem have any interest in securing our southern border.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 8, 2021, 01:54 PM
    securing our southern border.
    There are a variety of ways to do that, you know. If only I were younger and livelier...
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2021, 02:32 PM
    I was being sarcastic.
    It was very straightforward without sarcasm.
    Uber Member

May 8, 2021, 03:31 PM
    Sure it was, to the sarcasm deaf here.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2021, 09:43 PM
    Yes jl line up and defend the southern border, against that old traditional enemy, Mexico, Should have annexed it when you had the chance, then there would be less border to defend and "a big beautiful wall" would be sufficient. Remember the Alamo!
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 03:36 AM
    Nothing sarcastic in the quote below:

I thought you were talking about the crisis at the southern border at first. Too much to hope for, I guess.
    Uber Member

May 9, 2021, 05:12 AM
    Need only to say it again. "to the sarcasm deaf here."
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 9, 2021, 11:14 AM
    There was no crisis at the southern border...never was. Just talking points to legally discriminate against OTHER folks. Watch it when THEY holler MANIFEST DESTINY, IMMINENT DOMAIN, STATES RIGHTS, SOVEREIGNTY, AND HOMELAND SECURITY!

Somebody is about to be screwed big time
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 07:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Somebody is about to be screwed big time
    yes and I think it is you, someone has to pay for big plans, and that can only be achieved by taxation, not just taxation of the rich and corporations, but on every worker, otherwise debt at astronomical levels. Governments have drunk the koolaid and are buying votes with OPM, on the pay later plan, but this generation doesn't pay for it, future generations do, and with fewer workers, taxation must rise or no new aircraft carriers
    Uber Member

May 9, 2021, 08:18 PM
    someone has to pay for big plans, and that can only be achieved by taxation, not just taxation of the rich and corporations, but on every worker, otherwise debt at astronomical levels.
    You have hit the nail on the head.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 08:20 PM
    You have hit the nail on the head.
    Don't worry JL, they can always repudiate the national debt
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 08:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    someone has to pay for big plans, and that can only be achieved by taxation, not just taxation of the rich and corporations, but on every worker, otherwise debt at astronomical levels..... new aircraft carriers
    Who do you expect to pay for big plans - like aircraft carriers? I hope this isn't news to you.
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2021, 10:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Athos View Post
    Who do you expect to pay for big plans - like aircraft carriers? I hope this isn't news to you.
    I don't expect anyone to pay for aircraft carriers, they are so last century, as to big plans, only spend your income and stop borrowing for political purposes
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2021, 12:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    I don't expect anyone to pay for aircraft carriers, they are so last century,
    They still have a role to play in a world that continues to rely on the big stick of the American military.

as to big plans, only spend your income and stop borrowing for political purposes
    Deficit spending is a tried and true method of financing. Individuals do it and so do nations. The question is when does it become counter-productive?

Look at it this way. John's interest payments on his debt exceed his income. He cannot adequately service his debt. He is forced into bankruptcy and loses everything.

On the other hand, US interest payments are a trifling fraction of US income.

There's more to it (lots more!) but that's the basic equation to begin with in relation to spending and borrowing.
    Uber Member

May 10, 2021, 04:52 AM
    U.S. debt is currently 15X greater than its national "income", speaking of annual tax revenues. By any standard that is an equation fit for disaster. On a personal level, it would be equivalent to a man with an annual income of 60K having debt of 900K. We are presently surviving due to interest rates held low by the same government that is 30 tril in debt, but that will not be the case forever, and when it changes, disaster will be at the front door.

Even worse, we have allowed our current crop of corrupt, dishonest pols to discover the political wonderland of being able to impress us with their charitable qualities by spending money that they didn't even have to tax us to raise. So we get the benefits without the pain, or at least we do for the present time. In the future? Not so much. It is beyond amazing to me how gullible the American electorate can be in voting for dems and repubs alike who have no integrity.
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2021, 06:10 AM
    . It is beyond amazing to me how gullible the American electorate can be in voting for dems and repubs alike who have no integrity.
    and yet you vote for them because you have no viable alternative, what a sham, what a shame

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter biden - china link compromises joe biden's china decision making [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone thought about the potential that Hunter Biden's Chinese business ventures and Joe Biden's tenure as Vice President or, now, the potential for Joe Biden's vison around China policies being clouded by Hunter Biden's associations there? Come to find out Hunter Biden road into China on Air...

What makes you move? [ 120 Answers ]

So what song makes you get up and move? It can either be an all time favorite or something new... What makes you get out of your seat and play the air guitar, or attempt to break dance or look like you are having a fit? Post a song name or a YouTube clip Mine would be: "Low" by Flo...

My boyfriend never makes a move [ 5 Answers ]

We have been dating for about 18 months we are not having sex anymore and its making me feel unwanted and like he's not attracted to me anymore and making me feel like crap he works a lot and always falls asleep I know he's not cheating on me its impossible we are with each other every night he...

Who Makes the Next Move? [ 9 Answers ]

I was dating a girl for almost 3 years when we decided to call it quits. That was 4 months ago and it was a very stressfull point in both of our lives (I was finishing college and she was entering her senior year). Since then I've been trying to fix things, and recently I've been working on...

My boyfriend never makes the first move and makes a lot of excuses about sex [ 14 Answers ]

Well I am a recovered sex addict and I have some emotional issues as well but sex if very important to me and my boyfriend and me never have sex anymore I don't remember the last time we even were intimate sometimes if I start touching on him he will normally just jerk off to finish and its so...

View more questions Search